3.7* - Caustic Arrow Trickster Mapping + Delving Unkillable Machine

Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide. I started leveling my trickster today and reached maps. Could you please have a look at my char and tell me what i'm doing wrong? I don't feel like the damage is there, and i have only played up to T4 today.

My budget is around 50c on HC Betrayal right now.

"
cantagalo wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide. I started leveling my trickster today and reached maps. Could you please have a look at my char and tell me what i'm doing wrong? I don't feel like the damage is there, and i have only played up to T4 today.

My budget is around 50c on HC Betrayal right now.

Doesn't seem to be a lot you're lacking, if damage feels a little off i'd put it down to gem levels and a 5link. You should use a slower proj as your 6th link if you upgrade bows. Porcupine divination cards are your best bet for a 6link.
Other than the gem levels and a 6link you could look into jewels, Getting anything applicable like chaos multi over time/%chaos The abyss jewel mod of damage over time with 2 handers.
Sulphur flask is a nice little damage boost also.
If it's mostly single-target issues maybe look into getting a frenzy to keep up your charges.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
For leveling progression which nodes do you suggest i trek for first?
Fantastic build
Im at 5k life/ 140k dps (buffed) at lvl 80, i still have more to do upgrade my build.
What pantheon though?
"
lymsha wrote:
Fantastic build
Im at 5k life/ 140k dps (buffed) at lvl 80, i still have more to do upgrade my build.
What pantheon though?

For pantheons It's not too complicated we don't get much like some other builds. Personally what i used was:
Major God - Brine king or alternatively Solaris/Lunaris depending on the content you are doing (Lunaris for mapping and clearing, Solaris if you're going into a difficult boss) All of the upgrades i would suggest getting if you can.
Minor God - Soul of gruthkul is probably the best for all around use, Shakari with the upgrade for running Poison on hit maps and Ryslatha if you feel you need the uptime on your life flask/increased effect on low life.
For my push to 100 i used Brine king and Shakari, mostly to avoid weird deaths to chain stun/freeze (Beyond bosses are a bitch)
I had forgot to add pantheons into the main thread so i shall do so.

"
Oplox wrote:
For leveling progression which nodes do you suggest i trek for first?

The build isn't all that complicated, i would fill out the start of the tree for sure in shadow, Then take the peirce nodes as they will help a ton while leveling. Phase acrobatics next if you feel you need it. Then prettymuch head to all of the large damage/life nodes. There's not a whole lot of optimization to aim for in the tree for leveling.
Another suggestion i got for early leveling when you don't need the survivability is to rush for "Growth and Decay" and "Method to Madness", Although growth and decay isn't in the final tree you're totally not wrong to keep the wheel. (I'm Just keeping with the archetype of mostly tanky by not taking it.)
Does gripping gloves actually work for CA?

I tested them and it didn't show any dmg increase, as well as the implicit says projectile "attack" damage.

Edit; I've enjoyed the build, always liked doing CA but they've always been sort of weak until now.

Done most things now, still need to do Shaper & Uber elder (not sure if I have the dmg).

Not sure if Trickster is the best choice for boss killing, CA is probably better at low investment t15 mapping.

Thanks for the guide.
EU Gmt+1

Jag gillar fisk
Last edited by callmescootaloo on Dec 22, 2018, 5:32:29 AM
Woop, just killed Shaper on BHC at lvl 91 with this build. Although a little different links

Didn't even get a 21 caustic arrow, vaaled 6 :( 217k tooltip dps in hideout.

Spoiler

Was quite safe. Phaserun + a lot of ms from tree made it really easy to dodge slams.

Also killed t13 elder earlier but Elder is such an annoying fight for this, too little recovery.
Last edited by Hilllo on Dec 22, 2018, 1:34:56 PM
How to easy craft +3 bow (taken from another CA topic)

Fossil crafting method is currently the cheapest way to craft +3 bow. It's not 100% reliable, but usually costs only a fraction of classic method in the long run. Should take below 10 attempts to get one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fossil crafting:
Requirement: 6-linked bow ilvl 64+
Method: Corroded + Metallic + Jagged

Step 1: Spam 3-fossil combo until you hit +2 Socketed Bow Gems AND +1 Socketed Gems
Step 2: Craft 33-40% Non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
(This gives a lot more dmg comparing to flat % increased chaos dmg craf)

NOTE: You can also use Prismatic Fossil instead of Jagged, but the bow HAS TO be within 64-82 ilvl.
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Dec 22, 2018, 2:02:18 PM
"
judikator wrote:
How to easy craft +3 bow (taken from another CA topic)

Fossil crafting method is currently the cheapest way to craft +3 bow. It's not 100% reliable, but usually costs only a fraction of classic method in the long run. Should take below 10 attempts to get one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fossil crafting:
Requirement: 6-linked bow ilvl 64+
Method: Corroded + Metallic + Jagged

Step 1: Spam 3-fossil combo until you hit +2 Socketed Bow Gems AND +1 Socketed Gems
Step 2: Craft 33-40% Non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
(This gives a lot more dmg comparing to flat % increased chaos dmg craf)

NOTE: You can also use Prismatic Fossil instead of Jagged, but the bow HAS TO be within 64-82 ilvl.

This is a pretty viable method for crafting and i agree it might be cheaper, but it ends up curving out a bit weird for the progression of the build. Grabbing a Porcupine div set and slapping an essence on it, is very cheap. (20c for a bow and 8-10c for the essence) With the idea of later on investing in a +3 instead. +2 can carry the build for a long time.

"
Hilllo wrote:
Woop, just killed Shaper on BHC at lvl 91 with this build. Although a little different links

Didn't even get a 21 caustic arrow, vaaled 6 :( 217k tooltip dps in hideout.

Also killed t13 elder earlier but Elder is such an annoying fight for this, too little recovery.

Grats, like i explained in the main post, Endgame bosses are doable but totally not recommended for the build, Sadly the biggest downside to the build.

"
Does gripping gloves actually work for CA?

Done most things now, still need to do Shaper & Uber elder (not sure if I have the dmg).

Not sure if Trickster is the best choice for boss killing, CA is probably better at low investment t15 mapping.

Thanks for the guide.

Gripped gloves was a little mistake on my part you're right it doesn't apply, Since the CA gem only scales from generic projectile damage and not "Attack projectile" i did remove it from the main thread in my last edit.
As mentioned i didn't even attempt uber elder on this char, It's totally doable damage wise i imagine. But the survivabilty is lacking a whole lot.
yo great build! a question...can I have 3 socketed + vicious proj and still be available to enchant chaos dmg and if not how good is it if you replace vicious proj with the chaos enchant ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info