Nice random death on random disconnect still exists in 2018. [100/10 FIber Optic] EU - RESOLVED !

I thought we solved this crap long time ago...i logged back in and saw 1 death on my character, but when i disconnected randomly in the delve depths with no mobs around wtf...like seriously ! Wanted 1 deathless character on this soft core delve league and than i die to random disconnect...i better take another 2 years brake !
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 25, 2018, 4:05:35 PM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2018, 4:06:14 PM
never had a random dc like that, especially not a death from it.

its quite hard to just one-sidedly blame the game for this issue. its a game that is played on the internet, there are many variables to consider.
"
Farystar wrote:
I thought we solved this crap long time ago...i logged back in and saw 1 death on my character, but when i disconnected randomly in the delve depths with no mobs around wtf...like seriously ! Wanted 1 deathless character on this soft core delve league and than i die to random disconnect...i better take another 2 years brake !

First of all - you meant BREAK not brake.

Second, what crap - you really should read up on how the internet works.
Yep, totally over league play.
Nope. GGG clings to their "old school hardcore arpg" game philosophy right down to their own rolled (in-house created) netcode that will always be super sensitive to Internet latency spikes. It's a terrible shame that none of the commercial game engine companies had a low cost way in 2005-2006 for garage game startups to get a game engine licence on the cheap. Today we all (GGG and players) are suffering daily with the consequences of not being able to afford to use a top quality game engine. Also too bad that crowd-funding wasn't a thing back then either so GGG could have player financed a commercial game engine at the start. SIGH!...  :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
They made amazing things so far for this game i absolutely love it, don't get me wrong. I have 100/10 fiber optic connection on which this shouldn't happen. I'll play with lockstep and predictive bit as well...it is just sad when you want to play hardcore and this things happen :(. i want to support this game much further down the road again, but things like this are major setback for me...as an early supporter i feel very attached to the game long term.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 23, 2018, 5:59:25 AM
Your connection is only good to the first hop. Run a trace to the game and you'll see how many hops you have. Probably a dozen or more. Any one of those could go bad.
Your download and upload speeds aren't relevant to the issue.

A WinMTR log (guide) will generate data regarding latency and packet loss. As said by Shagsbeard, your internet package doesn't impact how your traffic will be treated after it leaves your ISP's network and enters backbone infrastructure, which is something that a WinMTR to the server will shine a light on.

If the issue you have is intermittent, I'd suggest not running WinMTR until it crops up again. If the problem isn't present while the test is running, the log won't contain any useful information.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I'm having some issues recently that forced me to stop playing also. It might be my 8 year old laptop, running a Geforce 650 M GPU. I dunno. I actually bought a large fan which I prop next to my screen, else my keyboard gets hot enough to cook an egg. Aside from that my game jumps in latency from 30 to 3000+ ms quite often. Resulting in my nonresponsive character's death and eventual disconnect. First and only game that overheats my laptop to this extreme.

Its always wireless if your on wireless, that shits shit.
Yesterday my game froze repeatedly because of a divine shrine. There were so many monsters there when I approached it the game froze for like 5 seconds until I decided to force shut it down.

Of course that wouldn't have happened it I could simply kill the monsters instead of diving into the pack but hey, outdated mechanics for the win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info