Temporal chains and 75% limitation question

Yes, that value is capped at 75% to prevent bugs.
"
Karvarousku wrote:
I was really hoping this wouldn't come up.

There are actually two caps, in different parts of the code. In normal circumstances it's capped at 75%. If you actually push the effect to more than 100% slower (time going backwards for buffs/debuffs), a earlier catch logs a warning message with details about the situation and forces the value to 100% slower (not ticking down at all), adn bypasses the normal code for scaling it (which includes the 75% cap). This isn't supposed to actually be possible for players, but there was a case where it seemed to occur with a specific boss which caused bugs in the past, and the safety check is still there. We've known about this for years, but improving it was never a priority because players scaling the effect this high was not supposed to be possible. Probably we'll have to rework some of that now - certainly we don't want to be spamming warning logs whenever a player does this if it can be done legitimately now.

"
The_x_ile wrote:
this is totaly contrary to what rory just said in this thred.
For the record, I'm not Rory.
"
Shppy wrote:
on the topic of temp chains, i was wondering how action speed modifiers stack... are they all additive with each other or all multiplicative or are some one way and some the other?
Freeze/Petrify set action speed to zero, skipping modifiers. Temporal Chains is a multiplicative modifier (effectively "less"). All other sources are additive (effectively reduced). Descriptions for these stats are scheduled tob e reworked to make this clearer, hopefully in 3.5.0, but I can't promise that yet.

"
Shppy wrote:
And is there a cap on action slows in general, like if i get 75% from temp chains and apply chill will enemies be slowed even further?
Not in general. There's the stat from Unstoppable which prevents being slowed below base speed, and there's a generalised version of that which exists on some bosses and prevents it dropping below a specified value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info