My love / hate relationships with Delve.

I love when I actually Delve, on my comparably tanky Scion equipped and specced for Delve. But I hate to switch gear, gems and passives as soon as I am out of sulphite and gotta work in maps to get it. Or to switch between my other character and let delver click on sulphite. I love blasting maps on my Deadeye, but I hate to realise that sulphite gained on that character is pretty much useless unless I want to delve at lower delves. Currency rooms having 1 or million chests is so...I love murdering koalas during certain encounter, but I hate these damn dogs, etc. etc. I also still don't really get what the hell is going on during Azurite encounters - who deals what kind of damage and what is rippy and where one should stand - who fucking knows. *shrugs*

You?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 21, 2018, 1:21:22 AM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2018, 3:00:42 AM
Delves in PoE are awesome, delve as a gated side mechanic of PoE is not.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Like with all gated mechanics, in my humble opinion, is similar to having waiting in line for a disney ride. The ride itself is awesome nonetheless...waiting time, not so much. It felt the same way with breach splinters, sacrifice fragments, abyssal depths, delves, etc, etc.

As long GGG strike a balance where the reward outweighs, the waiting or grinding period...they're onto something.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Edit: oh, and if you could make Delve a permanent option, almost like a full-time descent, isolated from the rest of the game, I'd throw thousands your way. On my word and honour as the Ruler of Wraeclast.

Hell yeah, money talks! I'll throw in another 10 euros for a permanent Delve platformer subgame. Make it happen!

You don't need to make a delve-only minigame, just put some changes that turns delve into something that you have to make choices and thinking before delving.

Like add some reality, take away the sulphite completely and also remove the teleportation platform. Let upgrade with azurite from the crawler itself, put a radio in the kart to keep contact with Niko. You can only get out by backtracking. So, if you want to go in and out, you'll have to keep staying pretty close to the exit, and accept moderate rewards and cheap fossils.

Want to hit the challenge and get the good stuff? Start delving deeper and deeper, knowing that the more you go down, the longer will take to get out, 'till you realize that u went too far and there is no way back, except keep delving. That's when it becomes delve-only minigame for that character your using.

What do you think about?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think TencentGGG should do a void-league zero-sulphite-required Delve event where we start in the mine camp but there's no waypoint and no exit. Whatever you find down there, you use.

Because I think most people agree it's a LOT of fun down there. The nodes are quite generous, especially at low level. The idea of iron manning Delve appeals to me greatly.

Sulphite was the usual half-measure we should be used to with these devs. Afraid of their core game being neglected for a possibly superior side interest, they put a cost in to ensure you can do it only so often.

I don't get what they're so afraid of, really. Delving is awesome. They should be proud of it. Delve league is...not that awesome.

Should the devs run such an event, I'll go back on my word regarding supporting a Tencent-owned GGG and buy a whole hell of a lot of support inn response, and they know I can and will. There: gauntlet's been thrown down; ball's in your court, Chris and co. Want some free money?

Edit: oh, and if you could make Delve a permanent option, almost like a full-time descent, isolated from the rest of the game, I'd throw thousands your way. On my word and honour as the Ruler of Wraeclast.

Please, buy Chris another yacht so he makes sulphite shared. That alone will make me so much happier.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 22, 2018, 5:31:49 PM
I find it kind of boring, I don't bother using it much, I've only gone down to about 100 depth. I wish they would get more creative with their leagues. They should do something like the movie Inception. Make it so you go into a dream then you have to fight the clock and figure out where you are when you get out of it.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Hmm... a Delve League of it's own. I actually could get financially behind that. I like it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
bablo wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Hell yeah, money talks! I'll throw in another 10 euros for a permanent Delve platformer subgame. Make it happen!

How isolated are you talking, Charan?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Completely. They'd probably have to create a few starter chests as they did with Descent/Descent Champions,

God I would love to see those again.

"
...some skill gems and maybe a special unique or two, but I *firmly* believe everything else you need is down there, or could be. I'd reduce the proliferation of azurite vein nodes *or* get rid of them and just increase the frequency of veins along each path and at each node. Increase the diversity of encounters earlier on.

To add 'risk v reward' I'd make it so that if you fail to finish a node, you can no longer go to that node. I wasn't sure if it were already that way but I believe not. I think you can just try again if you fail. Could be wrong.

The camp itself would serve as a proxy town/hideout. Again, design flexibility with vendor offerings as required. I think Delve should be SSF by default given its reliance on a single, moving light source but there's certainly room for multiplayer. Again, at the devs' discretion.

The key would be capitalising on how diverse and self-contained an experience a Delve can be in and of itself, especially with a chart layout with a wider range of possibilities earlier on. I tested one such version of Delve briefly and it was just so much more interesting than what we got.

This is just off-the-cuff stuff. Chances of TencentGGG actually doing it are pretty low, so I'm loath to put too much effort into conceptualising it. ;)

Thanks for elaborating. "Completely" certainly isn't a surprise, from you.

Personally, I'd like the mine to be in your Hideout, and you could invite a Master down there for vending and dailies.

I think that I'd also prefer the option to be able to crossover, and have a SSF option as you described also.

However, I'm not sure your version wouldn't be the most satisfying - it'd be cool to beta test several versions and collate something from the feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info