Good bye

"
Nubatack wrote:
Free, means you don't have to pay anything extra for it, [Removed by Support]

Your definition does not match the dictionary.

adverb
without cost or payment.

Notice how you use "pay"? The only way to get a mystery box, is to pay for it. That is not free.

Why the fuck are you defending GGG?
Hi guys. Several posts have been edited or removed for containing antagonistic comments or not contributing to the discussion. Please remember to follow the Code of Conduct when posting on the Path of Exile forums.
"

adverb
without cost or payment.

Notice how you use "pay"? The only way to get a mystery box, is to pay for it. That is not free.

Actually, it is according to the definition:
You decide to pay x pts for a specific MTX. That is the purchase. GGG just gives you an extra mystery box without your giving them anything else in return. That is "without cost or payment", because your payment was for the original MTX.

And if you try to wrap the original purchase into the "free" bit, note how it says you "get a free mystery box if you do xyz". xyz in this case is the normal purchase you can do at any other time without getting the free box.

Easy, innit?
May your maps be bountiful, exile
There is some legal stuff regarding what counts as paying for something versus getting a free addition.

One example I can think of is an enterprising teen decided to sell pizza at her high school during lunch. She was told she couldn't sell pizza. So she started selling napkins and added in the pizza just because and staff had to let her because she wasn't actually selling the pizza anymore even if it was a loophole. And she did admittedly invest in good napkins.
People not ignoring it...
GGG being fine with so much trolling...
This thread...

BTW I remember seeing identical troll thread last year or so. Perhaps it's even the same author...:P
Something something a divider between posts

📸 Screentober 2021 🦚 — Please Participate!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3182966
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"

adverb
without cost or payment.

You decide to pay

Your entire argument fails before the end of your first sentence.

How much is GGG paying you?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
"
Your reading comprehension is truly off the charts. I never in a million years would have thought to split "get a free mystery box when you spend points" into its component parts. It's so obvious to me now, everyone should have gotten a free carnage mystery box regardless of points spent.

I'm going to now use this superior reading and argumentation technique to get free stuff from every store that runs a "buy one, get one free" sale. I'll show them! Haha! I'll show them!

Talk to a lawyer first.

oh, please do. And share with us how it goes. As someone who deals with lawyers on the semi-regular, particularly regarding IP law, I can't wait to hear how a lawyer would react to your...argument. They'd take one look at that ToU and send you packing, I think. But only after taking as much of your money as possible without looking like scammers.

Better Call Saul!

PS you suck at goodbyes. I'm feeling genuinely disappointed that you didn't mean it. :(

I apologize for the title. It was a theory I was testing. Maybe call off the hounds and I wouldn't have to resort to such measures.

I suspect you don't have juice. Your move.
Just a note:

"The Law" = Whatever the people in the country in which something takes place define it as.

There are few "International Laws" and where there things that look a lot like "International Laws" they're more like treaties that have a enforcement clause.

The point being: This is a topic that has no clear legal ground, right now. It's "International" and it's dealing with the very new theater of "electronic commerce."

An opinion is not "Law" unless it comes from a body empowered to make Law. That being said, everyone's free to have opinions, since forum arguments need them in order to reproduce...

In my own opinion, I am against anything resembling "Loot Boxes" or purchases that have randomized results. That's only because younger people can be very easily manipulated into purchasing them and there are no true, reliable, safeguards in place for minors online. Until the electronic marketplace matures, we're going to see all sorts of stuff that we just don't have rules or protections in place for.
"
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"

adverb
without cost or payment.

You decide to pay

Your entire argument fails before the end of your first sentence.

How much is GGG paying you?

Wow, kids these days can't quote correctly anymore. Just the other day some loser misquoted me so badly and maliciously that he got a probation for it. Your skill seems no better. Maybe you go to the same preschool? Your parents really should talk to the teachers there.

Anyway, have fun fighting for your concept of "free" out in the real world. You'll be suprised...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
This thread has been locked as it is generating many posts that breach the Code of Conduct. If you have any concerns about this, please email support@grindinggear.com and let us know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info