Possible Bug: Madness Propagators (Uber Elder) do not generate Sentinels On Hit

Hi,
I have been really enjoying Delve league especially new skills such as reworked Dominating Blow and Herald of Purity. Together with some really dedicated players, we have been min-maxing Templar Summoner build to the point where we managed to complete almost all major encounters available in game.

Our discussions and build can be found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1

My videos recorded for different encounters and gear setups od DomBlow/HoP can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cmnKQX3XnPJEzFEZXlF4A

Recently I have tried to do Uber Elder with a really min-maxed setup. After some tries and analysis of recorded videos, I have noticed one very strange thing which makes this encounter extremely difficult/impossible for DomBlow/HoP characters.

It seems that you cannot generate Sentinels on Madness Propagators (squids which spawn degen on the floor and make the encounter unbearable) while they have their ES on. They spawn with shield and you simply cannot summon anything using HoP or DomBlow while hitting them. If you burn down their - ES skills start to "connect" and minions begin to spawn.

I don't know if its just this encounter or this is true for all ES shielded mobs. I haven't noticed that before while mapping or delving.

Last bumped on Oct 23, 2018, 1:02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
kilgorek wrote:
Hi,
I have been really enjoying Delve league especially new skills such as reworked Dominating Blow and Herald of Purity. Together with some really dedicated players, we have been min-maxing Templar Summoner build to the point where we managed to complete almost all major encounters available in game.

Our discussions and build can be found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1

My videos recorded for different encounters and gear setups od DomBlow/HoP can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cmnKQX3XnPJEzFEZXlF4A

Recently I have tried to do Uber Elder with a really min-maxed setup. After some tries and analysis of recorded videos, I have noticed one very strange thing which makes this encounter extremely difficult/impossible for DomBlow/HoP characters.

It seems that you cannot generate Sentinels on Madness Propagators (squids which spawn degen on the floor and make the encounter unbearable) while they have their ES on. They spawn with shield and you simply cannot summon anything using HoP or DomBlow while hitting them. If you burn down their - ES skills start to "connect" and minions begin to spawn.

I don't know if its just this encounter or this is true for all ES shielded mobs. I haven't noticed that before while mapping or delving.

Thanks for your report.
A Sentinel shouldn't be able to spawn when you're hitting a Madness Propagator with Dominating Blow or with Herald of Purity active.
The only time a Sentinel should spawn is when you're hitting a Unique or Rare monster. Otherwise you will need to kill it in order for it to spawn.
By any chance was Elder close to the Madness Propagator when you were using an Attack skill and you hit Elder with it?
Dear Jatin thank you for your response.

Now I understand... I havent noticed that Madness Propagators are normal rarity monsters... Well my bad.

thx for your support.
Would it be possible (maybe in 3.5) to change that mob type to unique? It's a pretty crippling issue for a few summoners. Off the top of my head, it's a potential issue for Dancing Dervish/Duo (only generate "rampage" on hit of unique mobs), a dominating blow or herald of purity build, and even rangers for frenzy charge generation/maintenance. These mobs have significant HP and we are heavily punished for leaving them up.

It does seem the most crippling, however, to sentinel based builds (dominating blow and herald of purity).

While you're at it, maybe take a look at scion sub-ascendancies for recently reworked ascendancies like pathfinder and guardian, as these are missing any bonuses to new aspects of these classes (poison and sentinels).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info