A bug about decimal reservation

——————————
First apologize for my poor English.If you can, please read the attached Chinese instructions.
——————————
I designed a set of BD in the game, mainly relying on the superposition of multiple halos to achieve the maximum use of blood and blue, leaving only one blue of the skill to achieve a numerical satisfaction. However, I found that the design of the "magic retention" reduction in the design of the game not only retains an integer on the display, but also an integer used in the specific calculation process. This makes me very troubled.

我在游戏中设计了一套BD,主要依赖于多个光环的叠加以实现对血量和蓝量的最大利用,仅剩下一个一个技能的蓝量以达到数值精准的满足感。但是我发现了游戏中设计中关于“魔力保留”减少的设计方式不仅在显示上只进位式的保留了整数,在具体的计算过程中也是使用的整数。这让我十分困扰。

——————————
First of all, I have to say that this is a waste! The numerical design of the Enlightenment Gems is (96%, 92%, 88%), and a common defensive aura (35%) has only 33.6% (35%*96%=33.6%) with the aid of Enlightenment Gems, but In the actual game, it is 34%. 0.4% of the magic is wasted.

首先,不得不说这是一种浪费!启蒙宝石的数值设计是(96%,92%,88%),一个普通的防御光环(35%)仅在启蒙宝石的辅助下的作用为33.6%(35%*96%=33.6%),但实际游戏中为34%。0.4%的魔力被浪费了。

——————————
Second, this is a mistake. Because POE is a data-accurate game, many data often appear at a threshold of 0.5%, but the 1% value is ignored on each aura when dealing with "magic retention." This is a pity. In general, the player will open multiple auras at the same time, so this 1% will be magnified 3-4 times in each player who opens the aura, which is equivalent to an Lv2 enlightenment gem. This error cannot be ignored.

其次,这也算是一个错误。因为POE是一个数据精准的游戏,许多数据常常以0.5%的阈值出现,但是在处理“魔力保留”的时候却在每个光环上都忽视了这1%的数值。这是一种遗憾。一般来说,玩家会同时开启多个光环,所以这个1%会在每个开启光环的玩家身上放大3-4倍,相当于误差了一颗Lv2的启蒙宝石,这种错误不容忽视。

——————————
Written at the end. This bug is a fatal mistake for a player who is keen to maximize the use (yes, that is me). He led me to either give up the last aura or give up the POE. But given my love for POE, I hope to choose to respect the last 1% of the value. Adjust the number of bits reserved for magic! thanks!

写在最后。这个BUG对于一个热衷于最大化利用的玩家(对,就是我)来说是一种致命的错误。他导致我要么选择放弃最后一个光环,要么放弃POE。但是鉴于我对POE的热爱,希望能选择尊重最后那么1%的数值。调整下魔力保留的位数吧!
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2018, 1:26:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Unfortunately the rounding off is part of the design of the game. As a general rule, decimals that benefit the player are lowered, example being block chance from Nightmare jewels. Diamond Skin passive gives 5% block chance instead of 5.25% block chance because the decimal is removed. This includes mana reserved reduced from Enlighten Support.

Perhaps the easiest way of getting more mana reserved reduction for your build without changing too much is to use Vaal Orb on your jewels. IF successful, a single jewel can give 1% mana reserved each.
Last edited by lyndoff on Oct 19, 2018, 1:26:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info