Trading is the worst experience I have in this game

It's just that simple. An absolute waste of time trying to get a map I need and findind lots of scammers, pricefixers, bots, afks, incredibly slow people etc etc. This is by far the worst experience for me in this game. I want to PLAY this game and trading is a huge wall for that.
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 4:18:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Espada86 wrote:
It's just that simple. An absolute waste of time trying to get a map I need and findind lots of scammers, pricefixers, bots, afks, incredibly slow people etc etc. This is by far the worst experience for me in this game. I want to PLAY this game and trading is a huge wall for that.

So what you're saying is people are shitty and you're impatient.

Instant gratification is clearly your jam and God forbid you realize that other players don't like being interrupted just to trade for an alch or so.

[Removed by Support]
Yep, totally over league play.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Oct 17, 2018, 7:57:55 AM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Espada86 wrote:

Instant gratification is clearly your jam and God forbid you realize that other players don't like being interrupted just to trade for an alch or so.

[Removed by Support]

Fanboy spotted !
That kind of problem would not even arise with a good automated trading system!
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Oct 17, 2018, 8:00:07 AM
I've got to admit, I haven't really had the same negative experiences other people say they've had with trading. These days I just assume it's just in high-end trading or particular times of the day.

Which maps are you looking for?

Also, are you using https://pathofexile.com/trade so you can easily remove the afk'ers and price fixers from the results?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Oct 17, 2018, 7:55:59 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
I've got to admit, I haven't really had the same negative experiences other people say they've had with trading. These days I just assume it's just in high-end trading or particular times of the day.

Also, are you using https://pathofexile.com/trade so you can easily remove the afk'ers and price fixers from the results?

This time I was just looking for a bazaar map and spent like one hour whispering different people, most of them seems to be price fixers that did not even reply. Didnt use that website, I was using poe.trade

But seriously, the fact that I have to use like 3 different programs and have to stay constantly checking different websites to check all this stuff... it simply means that there are some serious issues with trading in this game.
At the beginning, a standard statement: Trading in this game is an outdated nightmare, which has not been changed solely because of lack of competition, and should be changed long ago, at least semi-automatic."

Now about OPs post. If you spend an hour to purchase such a map like Bazaar, there is definitely something wrong with your currency or with your search algorithm/system. It means you tried to buy it dirthly cheap (for less then 1c) or from wrong people. Besides... yes, it is crap item for crap price, what do you espect? Somebody will leave Delves or Lab or even map do do 1c transaction with you? Sorry, no way.

Anyway, if you had so bad luck with Bazaar, you should switch to Wharf. Buy 3 of them and you have Bazaar. Besides, for what purpose you need this particular map? If for "Windripper", you can buy 4 or 5 of them, as chance of fulfilling Wind and Thunder prophecy is not that high and when you buy some more maps, maybe seller will leave map/depths more willingly.
"
Fredo81 wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Espada86 wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Fanboy spotted !
That kind of problem would not even arise with a good automated trading system!

I'm hardly a fanboi. I hate trading plenty, I just realize that a lot more of it has to do with the people themselves.

Just the other day I sold someone some dual res gloves with life. He then told me he bought the "shitty" gloves just so he could use wise oak. I clearly new they weren't amazing or I would have charged more, but I knew they were useful enough that someone would probably find a purpose.

He could have said nothing at all or a simple ty for the trade, but instead chose to turn the interaction into an insult over nothing.

Near the end of last league I had people demanding free stuff out of the blue.

The trade system is designed intentionally to be inefficient to help alleviate the market flooding, but a lot of the younger players don't seem to grasp the depths even a game economy has.

I don't bother selling low tier maps because the buyers are more likely to be inconsiderate and overly demanding over menial trades assuming I just sit in the HO waiting to serve them.

Lower end trade suffers the most from people lacking manners.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Espada86 wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:

This time I was just looking for a bazaar map and spent like one hour whispering different people, most of them seems to be price fixers that did not even reply. Didnt use that website, I was using poe.trade

But seriously, the fact that I have to use like 3 different programs and have to stay constantly checking different websites to check all this stuff... it simply means that there are some serious issues with trading in this game.

Personally I don't see a reason to use poe.trade any more since the trade site here is superior in lots of ways, just need to get used to the different layout. For low value shite like maps and cheap uniques you can set the filter to listed within the last day and then sort by listed time which poe.trade doesn't do as far as I can see.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Oct 17, 2018, 8:30:16 AM
I understand people being busy, but a simple "sorry in lab, can you wait a sec?" isn't too hard. I've had that happen a few times.

BUT, repeat offenders that consistently don't answer (price fixing I guess) need to be subject to some penalty. Something like if x amount of different people report them for non-response, they get a marker on their name for price fixing. This would be removable through successful trades in succession. I know it's likely not happening, but I'd sure like a way to see who is bullshitting.
"
At the beginning, a standard statement: Trading in this game is an outdated nightmare, which has not been changed solely because of lack of competition, and should be changed long ago, at least semi-automatic."

Now about OPs post. If you spend an hour to purchase such a map like Bazaar, there is definitely something wrong with your currency or with your search algorithm/system. It means you tried to buy it dirthly cheap (for less then 1c) or from wrong people. Besides... yes, it is crap item for crap price, what do you espect? Somebody will leave Delves or Lab or even map do do 1c transaction with you? Sorry, no way.

Anyway, if you had so bad luck with Bazaar, you should switch to Wharf. Buy 3 of them and you have Bazaar. Besides, for what purpose you need this particular map? If for "Windripper", you can buy 4 or 5 of them, as chance of fulfilling Wind and Thunder prophecy is not that high and when you buy some more maps, maybe seller will leave map/depths more willingly.

Ok there is another issue here, it seems that the community do not undestand that it is not people that do not want to leave a map to sell an item. Those people are just price fixers that fill pages with their fake sells and actually make trading a bad experience because they want to get a map a little bit more cheap.

As long as you justify and/or deny the issue there will be no solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info