3.4. Walk-to-Walk Chieftan. (Abberath's Hoves 50k per step)

The idea behind the build was to try making Abberath's Hooves viable from the bigining till the endgame. And make it the main sourse of damage. Because to my taste if you clear the whole screen with Inpulsa's chain explosions its is Inpulsa's build and it doesn't matter what is the sourse of first hit, because without Inpulsa's it won't work, and wit Inpulsa's any kinds of damage will give the same result.

We gonna walk to death every single motherfucker out there.

Qucik gameplay video.

Spoiler

Some random t10. Thats my first expirience with recording programs, so there is no editing, just few minutes of map run. I will add some boss fights later.

https://streamable.com/dcmrg

Quick overwew:

Spoiler
- Currnt lvl is 88
- Current content progress - t10-11. Cutting thgough everything like hot iron through butter. It feels like it will go up to the end. Will deffenatly try Shaper. Would be interesting.
- Pretty tanky, pretty fast tho.
- Has very unusual playstile, because you need to run in circles to maximise your dps on bosses and high HP enemys. Abit wired, but a matter of expirience.
- Deffenatly not the most efficient build out there. But who cares efficiency if there si fun on the line, right? :))

Mecanics and damage scaling explenation:

Spoiler

As it was stated, our main source of damage are those boots.

Every time we make a step a spell is casted which deals 50 to 75 fire damage.

We are limited with 4 supports that you can put into this boots. There are not many flat damage sourses oth there, so our cookie cutter here will be this glorious staff:

Monstrous 400 - 579 flat physical damage to spells. Holy fuck! Its actually one of the best dps staves out there. Idn why it cost so low. I got my for 2 chaos.

And from this moment we nedd some hard synergies to make it work. Because of heavy limit in supports.

First of all we are Chieftan. Best accendancy for this build.

- 50% fire convertion, 100% with Avatar of Fire.
- +70% added phys as fire damage for 3 secs
- covering bosses with ash (+20 % more damage)
- +10% strength
- + fire damage penetration and leech
- + 100% fire res and lots of life regen
- good synergies with Endurance Charges.

Second lair of scailing is strength and iron will.

To get iron will we use:

To make it even better we use:

Very good flat strength and unique power - strength gives +3% instead of 2% per 10. That means +87% additional increased spell damage straight form chest.
Block chance per 50 str is a nice little bonus.

Anger and Herald of Ash are making good addition to oure synergising symphony.

And ontop of all we have elmental overload to give +40% more.

As a result we have pretty fucking heavy step!

Defences

Spoiler

Because of specific playstile we need to be pretty durable do run around enemeys till they die.

My defencive stats unbuffed, only with molten shell.

Spoiler

We use several lairs of defences.

1st is armor and resistances.

While fully buffed we have areound 25 armor. Resistances are standart, and of course, capped. Because we use lots of uniques, resistances are a problem. And there is when +100 fire res as Chieftan comes to save the day.

Second lair are reductions.

We have 10 physical taken as fire from Accendancy and 8 from Formless Inferno helmet. It also has unique power that gives us +% armor same as our uncapped fire resist.
+24% from EC.

Which gives us - solid 42% reduced physical damage daken ontop of armour.

Because i'm using Wise Oak, all of my 3 resistances are similar, to have +10% reduction for all 3 elements. We also have +8 if we haven't been hit yet from Soul of Solaris pantheon.

Third lair is regen.

As chieftan we have pretty hight regen.

I use

and

to get fortify and make consecrated ground, which gives +6% life regen.

+0.7% per endurance charge makes oure 6 charges work even better.

Fourth lair is block

With
i have 55% block chance for attacks, which is pretty nice. We can add +12% from tree but it will take us 4 skillpoints more. I personaly don't think its a good trade.

Last and most straightforward lair of defence is our HP.

Because of hight strength we are pretty beefy. Its is pretty easy to reach 8500+ hp to lvl 95 with some investments in gear and some skill tree tweaks. But my current 7714 is ok too.

Few tips about gameplay

Spoiler

To scale even more damage i run with arcane surge. With recent changes to instant spells best way to do it in our case is to use

To make it easier to run trough the pacs we may want to be fasing.

is our brst friend. One of my favourite utility skills. With increased duration even without frenzy charges it lasts 3.10 sec, what means that with 4 sec cooldown, we are not fasing less than a second.

To scale some more damage i use shockwave totem. It scales godly with our gear and it leech 1% of damage to us. And we ere talking about almost 100k dps here. It dies pretty fast tho, but it can live full duration during boss fights if you place it right.

Vaal Righteous fire is our Ultimate CD. Some bosses on t10 maps die during it 4 sec duration :)

My current gear

Spoiler

Flasks:

jewels

Skill tree (link to POB)

Last edited by maxkardinal on Oct 17, 2018, 6:05:25 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2018, 3:34:25 PM
Will update with content progress.

Edit1: added short gamplay video.
Last edited by maxkardinal on Oct 17, 2018, 6:14:55 AM
Very unusual items we got here... can you put a video?
I am really interested on this build, a video showcase will be perfect.

Was bored, looking for builds/ideas to do.

I will try it tonight for sure, thank you.
So I haven't played much this league but I was checking prices on Abberath's and noticed they're quite expensive this league, any particular reason why?
"
savas_1875 wrote:
So I haven't played much this league but I was checking prices on Abberath's and noticed they're quite expensive this league, any particular reason why?

I've noticed it too. I got mine for 30 chaos. Now they like 3 ex. That price jump was sudden and fast. In two or three days prices skyrocketed.
"
Ghammari wrote:
I am really interested on this build, a video showcase will be perfect.

Was bored, looking for builds/ideas to do.

I will try it tonight for sure, thank you.

Added few minutes of gameplay.
how deep are u in delve with this build? def gonna try this out,looks rly fun :)
Unless i'm wrong i don't think that your armour piece gives any damage to spell, it's only to phys melee damage.
"
Khmaaw wrote:
Unless i'm wrong i don't think that your armour piece gives any damage to spell, it's only to phys melee damage.

But Iron Will makes melee physical increase work for spells. So it gives + 3% for every 10 strenght.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info