[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
rainbowsin wrote:
OMF Meatball Spaghetti Monster this took too long.

At least now I can craft such for anyone.

Just a sidenote to everyone else: you can use the bow even if it's not "complete". At the moment I'm using one with only Vicious Projectiles, +1 gems and my own temporary attack speed craft. Miles better than my old 5-link Quill Rain.

When I get the currency, I'll continue the crafting. I did kill uber elder with this bow already and T16 trash dies in an instant so it's not direly needed.

And I might use your crafting service unless I can find them myself by then.
I sent you the link to the video in a message, I have a link in its description linking to this guide :D
"
Akathriel wrote:
I sent you the link to the video in a message, I have a link in its description linking to this guide :D

Awesome, nice video! I added it to the video section, thanks for recording :)
Had real problems at act 4, got like 1-4 stacks on bosses so my crawler did like 0dmg

Playing HC, 6linked tabula for Agony and 4 green linked quill, any tips?
"
saxisa wrote:
Struggling with this build- looked fun, but I'm dying a lot. At lvl 44 and gear is crappy, but there are a couple of issues. First, when running into a room by the time I fire RoA and crawler shows up I die before crawler has a chance to do it's thing. Second is that it seems unless I'm aiming at something the crawler wont shoot at it. The proximity shield challenge mentioned above is a pain too. No HoGM with this build I take it.

Is it just because I'm low level that I'm struggling? Or am I doing something wrong.

Your RoA isn't linked to poison, so it's not applying any virulence stacks. You have toxic rain linked to poison and curse on hit - put RoA in there instead.

You specced into dual curse, but you're only running one curse. I would put those points somewhere else until you run a second curse.

You really need resolute technique so you don't miss with your arrows. You're only 4 points away from it, I'd put the points from whispers of doom there. This also lets you get rid of all that accuracy wasted on your gear.

Zealot's Oath isn't normally picked up until you convert to CI/full energy shield.

I'd get more life and energy shield on your gear. You only have a few pieces with life and only one piece with energy shield. I would try to prioritize getting life or energy shield on every slot of gear if possible (after maxing resists)

You might want to consider using a jade, granite, basalt, or stibnite flask in place of 1 or 2 of your current flasks for more defense.

Lastly, you may be getting stunned a lot, but you're close to being able to do cruel lab which will give you stun immunity if you have energy shield, that will help a lot.

Just the things I noticed, hope it helps
Probably my favorite character I've tried in a long time. Recently got my two six link setup going and breaking into higher red maps has been a breeze. I'm shockingly not bored with it, and there are still plenty of improvements to work towards.

Awesome guide OP!

On a side note, for the one point do you guys find Zealots Oath to be worth it; trying to figure out the best path for these final points in the build?
Is there a reason why you don't use a corrupted Quiver with Fire/Lightning damage instead of added fire damage in your HoA?

Wouldn't HoA-Maim-Empower(4)-DamageOnFullLife-MinionDamage-VileToxins give better results combined with such quiver?
Mana-Reserved problem could be solved with -5% reserved mana on helmet
Last edited by Zwirni on Mar 27, 2019, 5:55:29 PM
"
Came into this league with this build as my focus and I must say I love it. Crafted everything myself for a few ex within the first few days and melt every bit of content this game has to offer. Just wanted to post my gear as another reference for people looking to use the new ring.

Gear
Spoiler

Amulet is still quite bad and boots are under construction atm it's my next upgrade I use current for capped res.

Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

rare jewels need upgrading as well will be the last upgrade

Thanks for the build guide really helped to get everything up and running much easier <3
IGN: Memory_Nexus

Yo fam your chest isnt the best for the build, spider is being supported by links in your chest increasing mana reservation, also Ele equib is being negated because you have cold damage from your quiver.
So I'm enjoying the build but so far my single target seems extremely weak. My aoe is great especially with the 3rd lab but when i get to bosses they take forever. I know my gear isnt the greatest and i need to get a shapers touch with temporal chains and my 5link weapon isnt great either. Am i doing something wrong? (also semi new player, only 2nd league so i'm pretty sure i messed something up)

Edit: i am constantly at 40 stacks due to the gem that reflects poison, just did a tier 7 shaped strand and trash all dies instantly, get to boss and even with 40 stacks it took me almost a minute and a half to kill the boss
Last edited by gobbles04 on Mar 28, 2019, 9:35:17 PM
"
gobbles04 wrote:
So I'm enjoying the build but so far my single target seems extremely weak. My aoe is great especially with the 3rd lab but when i get to bosses they take forever. I know my gear isnt the greatest and i need to get a shapers touch with temporal chains and my 5link weapon isnt great either. Am i doing something wrong? (also semi new player, only 2nd league so i'm pretty sure i messed something up)

Edit: i am constantly at 40 stacks due to the gem that reflects poison, just did a tier 7 shaped strand and trash all dies instantly, get to boss and even with 40 stacks it took me almost a minute and a half to kill the boss

Your Herald of Agony is level 9 and its exp bar is full. If I had to guess, you stopped leveling it ages ago for some unknown reason and forgot about it. Open your inventory and see the bottom part. Level up the HoA gem and keep leveling it until it's 20. There are also some other gems which you should level but you chose not to (CWDT setup, Convocation and RoA itself should not be leveled to max though).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info