[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

Is it still running Addes-fire + EE with the 3.5 nerf to HoA ?
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Is it still running Addes-fire + EE with the 3.5 nerf to HoA ?

@ Thanarchy

Yes, it is still worth running as the "nerf" of Herald of Agony changes nothing for this.
"
El_Pakito wrote:

We have no room in our mana reserved to do the "Generosity + Hatred" trick, but I will definitely go myself for cold damage, so that I can give the Herald of Agony Crawler "Added Fire damage" and "Physical to Lightning" support gems (which then makes the gem "Elemental Damage with Attacks" outstanding !) !

Hi,

Seems very interesting to use "Physical to Lightning" and "Elemental Damage with Attacks" with cold damages and EE, but then which supports do you remove to be able to add these 2?
"
BillyLeB wrote:
"
El_Pakito wrote:

We have no room in our mana reserved to do the "Generosity + Hatred" trick, but I will definitely go myself for cold damage, so that I can give the Herald of Agony Crawler "Added Fire damage" and "Physical to Lightning" support gems (which then makes the gem "Elemental Damage with Attacks" outstanding !) !

Hi,

Seems very interesting to use "Physical to Lightning" and "Elemental Damage with Attacks" with cold damages and EE, but then which supports do you remove to be able to add these 2?

@ BillyLeB

My planned setup for Herald of Agony is :
Herald of Agony - Minion damage - Damage on full life - Added Fire damage - Physical to Lightning - Elemental Damage with Attacks

You can even switch "Minion damage" or "Physical to Lightning" for "Summon Phantasm on kill" for better map/delve/incursion clearing. Just be sure to put back the original blue gem for bosses !

The only problem with this setup is that Elemental Damage with Attacks has a 140% mana multiplier, which turns into very little mana left after reservation...
Last edited by El_Pakito on Dec 7, 2018, 5:21:48 AM
OK :)

Little change proposal about the tree, I choose to remove "Lord of the dead" to take "Righteous Army", seems beter, no ? And for the jewel I take the one with two "+8% mana" near "Shaper", better also than the two +10 INT on top of "Lord of the dead"...
"
BillyLeB wrote:
OK :)

Little change proposal about the tree, I choose to remove "Lord of the dead" to take "Righteous Army", seems beter, no ? And for the jewel I take the one with two "+8% mana" near "Shaper", better also than the two +10 INT on top of "Lord of the dead"...

Thank you for the idea! However, Lord of the Dead grants minion accuracy rating, which is vital. For comparison, Lord of the Dead gives 2.5% total dps, while Righteous Army gives 1.9% dps. Plus, we don't really need any more mana, and with my current gear, 10 intelligence grants 46 ES, which is pretty decent. So I would still go with the current skill tree, but thanks for the idea, please be sure to let us know if you think of something else :)
"
Vatinas wrote:

Thank you for the idea! However, Lord of the Dead grants minion accuracy rating, which is vital. For comparison, Lord of the Dead gives 2.5% total dps, while Righteous Army gives 1.9% dps. Plus, we don't really need any more mana, and with my current gear, 10 intelligence grants 46 ES, which is pretty decent. So I would still go with the current skill tree, but thanks for the idea, please be sure to let us know if you think of something else :)

Don't miss the one to go to Righteous Army, it gives 10% damage and 20% accuracy, and the one to reach Lord of the Dead grant nothing...

So Lord of the Dead gives 15% damages and 30% accuracy, and Righteous Army gives 30% damages and 20% accuracy :-)
I've read the 17 pages of comments (yeah !) without clicking on video links and... I was pretty disappointed with the clear speed tbh :/
You can't tell with boos videos, but the ones in elder atoll is really meh :| seems like to take 1-3 shots of arrows to clean every pack which is VERY slow to me. And I didnt play some "crazy fast" builds
Was gonna pick this build as a starter but now, I really don't know :(
"
Thanarchy wrote:
I've read the 17 pages of comments (yeah !) without clicking on video links and... I was pretty disappointed with the clear speed tbh :/
You can't tell with boos videos, but the ones in elder atoll is really meh :| seems like to take 1-3 shots of arrows to clean every pack which is VERY slow to me. And I didnt play some "crazy fast" builds
Was gonna pick this build as a starter but now, I really don't know :(

This is not supposed to be a fast clearing build or fast bossing build. Its a build that can do any content any mod and on a reasonable budget.. I find the cleaspeed once you know how to use convocation preepmtively in mapping really fast, and yes the atoll vid looks a bit slow but it is faster than that once you master the quirks of the minion.

Tbh the only thing slowing me down and it is really annoying with this build is proximity shields..If you have one mob with it its ok you get on top of it and recall the Crawler on it but if you got a second or a third you wait for the convo cd..

Other than that once you learn the layout of a map it becomes really fast. If you want a build that runs a single map the fastest this is definately not for this purpose. But if you want to be delving, atlas clearing, temple building, master farming, shaper/UE killing then you wont be let down.

"
El_Pakito wrote:

@ BillyLeB

Herald of Agony - Minion damage - Damage on full life - Added Fire damage - Physical to Lightning - Elemental Damage with Attacks

You can even switch "Minion damage" or "Physical to Lightning" for "Summon Phantasm on kill" for better map/delve/incursion clearing. Just be sure to put back the original blue gem for bosses !

The only problem with this setup is that Elemental Damage with Attacks has a 140% mana multiplier, which turns into very little mana left after reservation...

in PoB i get a drop of 100k if i switch to those gems instead of vile toxins and VP..im wondering what is the reasoning to go for those instead of the original ones?mana reserve is higher and your EE on hit is narrowed to only cold damage instead of having to option for lighnting as well making it more flexible on the jewlerry..
Last edited by TeosMaoMao on Dec 7, 2018, 8:18:20 AM
"
TeosMaoMao wrote:

"
El_Pakito wrote:

@ BillyLeB

in PoB you i get a drop of 100k if i switch to those gems..im wondering what is the reasoning to go for those gems instead of the original ones?mana reserve is higher and your EE on hit is narrowed to only cold damage instead of having to option for lighnting as well making it more flexible on the jewlerry..

@ TeosMaoMao

Are you sure you have checked "Enemy hit by Cold Damage" in PoB config tab ?
Then again, I don't know your full setup, so maybe it is indeed a loss of 100k for you.

Aayway, this setup is all because I'm playing only in SSF !

Which means that getting a 6L Quill Rain will be a huge problem for me. Yes, I know the trick of Porcupine Divination Cards + Chance orbs, but I can not fully rely on this.

Therefore, I will go and try the "Spell way", by using "The Whispering Ice" which is the easiest 7L in the game (only need 6 sockets).

So I will poison with "Icestorm", and in this configuration, I have found it is better to go "Elemental Equilibrium" and Elemental gems :-)

I'd love to have your feedback on this idea. If you are interested, I can always share a PoB !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info