Honestly don't know if I will continue playing this game.

For starters unless you are made of currency any good builds are impossible when any good items on trade or worth exalts (I have only found 2 after 58 days of gameplay)

2 only way to play is by following build guides because of how bad the game is at explaining how the mechanics work (can't even accurately tell you your damage output) and how impossible it is to get good life damage and defense. And not all build guides are even good.

3 after 58 days of gameplay I have only had 1 character able to do red maps and it can barely do t13 without constantly getting one shot

And 4 after making so many failed buildes the campaign gets so annoying that don't even want to play just because I don't want to go threw it again.

This game is so frustrating especially when you go on YT for help and %90 of players have characters that just flash through maps doing infinite damage and you go and make a new character and its all slow with the damage and defense of a wet napkin.
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2018, 5:37:26 PM
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
For starters unless you are made of currency any good builds are impossible when any good items on trade or worth exalts (I have only found 2 after 58 days of gameplay)

What league and platform are you playing? I guess the XBOX?

There are lots of builds you can play without even trading.
I can name different totem builds, minion builds etc.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
2 only way to play is by following build guides because of how bad the game is at explaining how the mechanics work (can't even accurately tell you your damage output) and how impossible it is to get good life damage and defense. And not all build guides are even good.

You´re right that explaining of the mechanics is rather vague in the game but there are tools that can help (Path of building) or good written builds for new players (see the character section and lf builds that refer to beginners friendly, ssf and such).

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
3 after 58 days of gameplay I have only had 1 character able to do red maps and it can barely do t13 without constantly getting one shot

It´s hard to say without knowing how your character(s) are built.
You should post a screenshot and add some information and we can help you then.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:

And 4 after making so many failed buildes the campaign gets so annoying that don't even want to play just because I don't want to go threw it again.

This game is so frustrating especially when you go on YT for help and %90 of players have characters that just flash through maps doing infinite damage and you go and make a new character and its all slow with the damage and defense of a wet napkin.

You shouldn´t compare your builds and/or gameplay to any streamers or "pro" players. They have a lot experience and infinite resources to supply their builds with tons of expensive items etc.

On the other hand you can always ask for help here.

So don´t hesitate to ask more questions we are ready to help nice people to enjoy the game as we can:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Oct 13, 2018, 11:13:30 AM
Don't know what guides/builds you were following but if you have limited budget and no clue of the mechanics, maybe don't pick the most expensive and complicated youtube builds out there but rather start with something basic? I've done like 3 trades in my 8 months of playing otherwise i am fully selffound and i already have 3 chars that can do red maps rip free without any issues. I guess i am not just running through the map in afk mode while everything around me dies automatically, i actually have to play the game but i am far from slow and rarely die.
I get your frustration. Like every highly hardcore game, it unveils its wonders if you're willing to push further and further. The first 100h is basically you getting your ass kicked in every possible way. But it just comes to this: if you like the game enough, you will take the extra time to get info on the mecanics, the builds and the items.

I have personally never beaten The Shaper after 2000h of gameplay but I just love the game enough to push it so I can beat him one day.

If you don't have fun and don't feel like keeping going on, I totally understand. the game's not made for you.
I only followed 1 actual guide and that was a strength based zombie build using the Barron head piece because I really wanted to use montrguls grasp and in the end it just sucked because your zombies would survive but you wouldn't.

And I do use path of building but since I obviously have no idea how to play every build is trash. I either end up with no survivability and no damage or mediocre damage and little survivability...

Even when I plan with capped resists fortify and armor I end up getting ripped.

And I don't have most of the builds I have done because I get them to maps and after a while just delete them since they turn out to be garbage
Well just a few builds can just facetank the bosses therefore you need to learn about the boss mechanics what to dodge and such things.

I don´t know what Baron build did you play but it´s usually quite safe build but you need to move around.

Creating good endgame build without knowing the mechanics is hard though.

If you want to fix your build you can post the PoB link here and we can help you in the more specific way (unless you deleted the build).

I would suggest to choose a simple build that require no expensive items or difficult gameplay from the character subforum.

Quad totem hierophant is just an example of such build.
Skill could be arc or glacial cascade.

You don´t need six link or any expensive stuff to clear red maps just fine but don´t expect being super fast or deleting t16 bosses in a few sec.
Last edited by Rakiii on Oct 13, 2018, 4:27:32 PM
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:

There are lots of league starter builds available. Look up builds for Gladiator and Juggernaut, there are plenty of builds that are cheap and can clear out tier 13 maps no problem.

"

I don't usually follow guides because I've played the game enough and read enough through the Wiki that I understand the mechanics. So I can usually do better designing my own build. Figuring out the mechanics is part of the game. When I did my Witch build shown in my signature I didn't know that crit and projectile buffs only boosted about 1/4 of the damage until I started experminenting with it. Once I figured out the mechanics of Essence Drain, I could design my build in a way to get my damage higher than any Essence Drain build I could find.

"
Before I learned the game, most my builds would fail. Usually I would start dying as soon as I got to the maps. So nothing un-ordinary about that.

"

I agree it can get boring repeating the story line part of the game. I think they made some of those Acts too long. But use that time to experiment with different skills, see how they compare and learn the mechanics to each of them.

"

Well, you can start a thread showing us your build. People would be more than happy to offer tips.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Even good rares cost alot anymore. And can't really learn the mechanics if the game doesn't explain or tell you your stats correctly.

If they added a option to see what kind of damage you did when hitting enemies like most games like this or how much damage you take it would be easier but no trying to learn anything is like trying to pull teeth.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
Even good rares cost alot anymore.

Maybe define "good rares" and what realm are we talking about XBOX?

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:

And can't really learn the mechanics if the game doesn't explain or tell you your stats correctly.

What stats? Well tooltip isn´t accurate for a lot of things but we are using PoB as you do.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
If they added a option to see what kind of damage you did when hitting enemies like most games like this or how much damage you take it would be easier but no trying to learn anything is like trying to pull teeth.

It would be cool but you can still learn the fight by practicing it, reading guides/info and/or watching videos on YT.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
Even good rares cost alot anymore.

Maybe define "good rares" and what realm are we talking about XBOX?

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:

And can't really learn the mechanics if the game doesn't explain or tell you your stats correctly.

What stats? Well tooltip isn´t accurate for a lot of things but we are using PoB as you do.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:

It would be cool but you can still learn the fight by practicing it, reading guides/info and/or watching videos on YT.

Yes I'm playing on Xbox and any end gamish rare usually costs 20-40c and weapons can get higher then that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info