Things people loathe about PoE

Aside trading wich has no hope to even be a thing one day and will remain the most disgusting part of this game, the only thing i can't stand with is the rushed agenda to maintain 4 leagues per years wich clearly killed few leagues that could has been amazing success because they simply wern't ready.
I would rather prefer to spend my time on PoE for 3 leagues per years with a content a bit more polished and ready to be played, and not falling under 2 patchs per weeks trying to randomly correct the design issues that come with.
Quality over quantity.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 10, 2018, 9:54:35 PM
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
You forgot:
-Small rocks
-Trees
-Chest-high walls
-Certain ramps and bridges (was able to fire projectiles UP towards the camera in a Vaal side area...)
-The edges of most of the above, because box-bounding in 2018 (excluding heavily detailed, rounded objects...RIP framerate)

nope. just doors. i hate being stopped by them, clicking to open them, and getting blocked by mobs in them.
OP you have put good effort into your post thank you, but still you can solve and ignore many problems you have put into the list if you have some practical thinking, i dont really want to pick point it out one by one you know what it is.
1 - The absence of a REAL defense. This is the thing that more of all others is driving me away from this game. I smelled this lack right from my very start more than 3 years ago (this is my 3rd account), and on the base of this absence i decided to not never ever spend a single Cent of my money on this game; and i was right in keeping my wallet closed, because in all of this time not only i have seen nerfs (Saffell nerfed, Diamond skin nerfed, Elemental adaptation removed, ruby/sapphire/topaz flasks nerfed etc), but i have not seen addressed the randomness of defenses like block/spell block and dodge/spell dodge. You can have 82 spell block and 75 spell dodge together (Perfect form, Atziri's step and Vaal grace), a Purity and an elemental flask up too, but for personal experience, if the stars align, YOU DIE.
Moreover, i have not seen addressed the lack of a REAL physical defense. I had a Juggernaut, back in times when Oak's reward was still an additional endurance charge. 10 EC, immunity to crit extra damage (Brass dome), 48K armor, stationary with Arctic armor and Red Trail, Chaos golem, soul of steel, 800 life regen, and... guess what? Died in 2 seconds against lvl 79 WHITE SIREN SPAWN hasted by a rare and empowered by another rare with "allies deal substantial extra psysical damage" in a WHITE map. Now come and tell me that this is not smoking hot shit.
A tank should not be a "block-block-block-block-JESUS CHRIST 10 LIFE REMAINING O.O-block-block-block-PIG HEAVEN I DIED!!! 10% EXP LOST". A tank should be "no matter how hard you hit me, i reduce your damage so much and i regen so much that you and all of your adds will never kill me". But no, this game is all either RNG defenses, or bullshit immunities (Immortal call, Chaos inoculation). And immunities (read: invulnerability) should not exist. But even going invincible route (go see Immortal poet pathfinder), still you can die, because a REAL tank does not exist -.- And this leads to the second problem....

2 - EXP PENALTY!!!! Lack of a real defense, one shots, lags, freezes, "unexpected" disconnections (yeah, "unexpected", sure. So much "unexpected" that they happens several times in 2-3 hours a day that my work, albeit turn-based, allows me to play)..... in other words, you die more often by bad game design and by tech flaws than your errors in char development, and STILL you are being robbed of something that you earned. Recovering some of the exp lost by touching your gravestone like in other arpgs... no, huh? -.-

3 - RNG in "crafting". I don't care that "Vorici exists", he costs too much for a not no-lifer. In a game that seems to shout "variety is my flag", i WANT to be able to create a 6 linked all blues Brass Dome for a "tank" mage. Fuck idiotic off-colour rule, fuck idiotic orbs of de-fusing, fuck idiotic orbs of de-socketing and fuck idiotic orbs of de-colouring!!!! But no, you must suffer, you must BUY from other players (for absurd prices, absurd not because the mods of the item, but because the lottery of 6 linking), because the commander in chief (God only knows how much i hate that man with his gigantic ego, with his unbreakable presumption of being right even if a million people says the opposite to him, and with his failure-of-a-man philosophy "no pain no gain" that makes players always sweat and suffer) is probably a failed Economist that seeks compensation of his real life failures in studies in creating a virtual "economy" -.- .

4 - Shitty designed fights like act 8 Doedre or act 10 Kitava: clusterfuck-oneshots festivals. Because professional 1000 hours devs think that clusterfuck is good game design -.-

Luckily, many good arpgs are about to see the light, so FINALLY i can stop playing PoE

Edit: Forgot number 5: clusterfuck of effects! Because is NECESSARY (example) to fill 90% of the room (Garukhan) with tornadoes that makes your fps go to 5, right? -.-
Last edited by Radees on Oct 11, 2018, 3:18:31 AM
@saltyvu - lol he a rudeboi for sure :D it is annoying when ppl take several mins to find an item though yeah :D

@diablofdb - increase your attention span :)

@IIPhexII -
19. Saying things like "it's a game, you don't have to do it" is not really an argument. You know very well that it's far more nuanced than that. It's content that's core to the game and meant to be done. You either don't do it and miss out on spawning elder/his guardians and all the extra stuff in maps from elder/shaper influence, or you do it cos u'r forced to KINDA :p

28.No, you shouldn't be forced to make an account in and use third party websites to buy stuff in PoE. Specially when you could easily do so before. This is literally making them not get as much money as they could from purchases and many people have stated that this Xsolla crap is just crap. It ain't people's fault, if they are using a system that GGG has offered to them.

45.The right to look down? Lol and everyone else has the "right" to ridicule them. A strong person doesn't put others down btw, he/she lifts them up. Supremacy is some ego/inferiority complex shit anyway. I don't feel the need to be supreme over other people. It's some sociopathic thing tbh and i wasn't even talking about a better player stating that he's better or that he has a better view of the game's mechs... what i meant is that devs shouldn't only be listening to these extreme people, cos they are not the majority and if you fashion your game after 100 people, then everyone else will have nothing to enjoy. Like you shouldn't be Usain Bolt (fastest runner) and expect everyone on the street to be up to your standard ffs.

46.Doesn't affect me either, but i loathe parrots.

49.If you agree with this, why did you put it into the "i don't agree" category :D?

Yeah i hope the masters/hideout parts are getting changed well in 3.5. Hah took me quite a bit of time to go through the numbers you mentioned , but i did :) Yeah man, yeah :D

@Arrowneus - ain't my problem if your attention span is so small :D Also i DID mention the "elephant in the room". Trade is mentioned in like the first paragraph... did you even read lmao?

@DoubleU - lol

@LeetbakaDX - true, those small objects are bloody annoying.

@Magnummaniac - yeah right lmao.

@Heli0nix - i kinda agree.

@dvasan - feel free to point them out :D
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Oct 11, 2018, 3:53:16 AM
@ Radees - i totally agree with the "real defense", the "exp penalty" and the "framerate drops" parts of your post man.
Last edited by Paldamus on Oct 11, 2018, 3:59:47 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:

@IIPhexII -
45.The right to look down? Lol and everyone else has the "right" to ridicule them. A strong person doesn't put others down btw, he/she lifts them up. Supremacy is some ego/inferiority complex shit anyway.

This is absolutely spot on. I actually owe apologies to community for my short fuse on these things, since seeing this makes me react in overtly negative manner -it is my personal weakness for which I have many times had regret. After calming down and analyzing I still do loathe this general attitude Paldamus is describing and I find it deeply immoral. It doesn't only poison small communities like PoE player base but the society at large. A strong person doesn't need to stroke his/her ego by putting others down.

I can't help but see some deep misunderstanding of Darwinian thought here, whenever the issue of whether might is right comes up. It truly saddens my heart because these generalizations of might and power are also plain wrong.
---

By the way, a few words about trading: I'm only playing SSF so it doesn't directly affect me. However, it's really weird to say you can't have auction house since it would 'ruin the economy'. I take it as worrying over trading becoming too easy and everyday business. Well, any economist worth their salt could add that you can always raise transaction costs if you want less trading. You could, say, add a price for taking part in auction house activities, whether it be buying or selling or both. The argument simply doesn't hold, because you can actually make trading less common with an auction house if the game designers really wanted to. It's all about transaction costs, people. Now you are just having a transaction cost of not playing the game while doing those trades. Of course, setting transaction costs right is a whole different thing, but that is a question calling good design, not a design at all.

Do your econ 101.
Last edited by vmt80 on Oct 11, 2018, 6:51:28 AM
The only thing I truly loathe is leveling masters in a new league. Sure there are some annoying things but that probably tops the list.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Yeah vmt80, like the auction house in WoW used to have a cost related to it. Dunno what goes on there today though, cos i quit in realy Cata, when they turned the game to shit :D
"2 - EXP PENALTY!!!! Lack of a real defense, one shots, lags, freezes, "unexpected" disconnections (yeah, "unexpected", sure. So much "unexpected" that they happens several times in 2-3 hours a day that my work, albeit turn-based, allows me to play)..... in other words, you die more often by bad game design and by tech flaws than your errors in char development, and STILL you are being robbed of something that you earned. Recovering some of the exp lost by touching your gravestone like in other arpgs... no, huh? -.-"

This. More than anything else in this game I absolutely despise this. Grind away for hours only to lose bars of experience with just one death. I have a level 88 templar and it's tough just wanting to even play him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info