Things people loathe about PoE

EDIT: UPDATED FOR 3.6

Hey, so to start off with i'll say that obviously i like PoE, otherwise i wouldn't play it. I think it's the flagship of arpgs (could do with some improvements, specially in the trade and performance optimization departments and also in being less cryptic to new people) and i think GGG are solid devs, because they really take the feedback from the community and implement it in patches etc.

This is a thread in which i mention various things related to PoE that i personally loathe. These are all subjective opinions so calm your tits and i admit that this is a moaning post, so there's no point in pointing that out. Feel free to leave your points aswell, so we can see what people loathe about PoE and maybe some dev will read it at some point and get some good ideas, or it will just be an entertaining list for someone who's bored :)

This is a wall of text and i'ma be adding points here as i think of them. These points are in a random order.

1.Azurite getting stuck to your character in delve and you not getting it...
2.Decay moving in too quickly in some cases. It's specially crappy when the layout of the area is crap too(like moon temple).
3.People who buy a supporter pack in the start of the league, or worse yet BEFORE it even begins. I mean you might not even like the league, but you've already kind of spoken with your wallet. Such purchases should be delayed until you've atleast played the league to some extent...
4.Betrayal bugs, like empty researches or only getting 2 encounters instead of 3.
5.Having to activate a 1 charge tile, in order to "confirm the placement" of an adjacent one in some situations.
6.Synthesis crafting system = utterly convoluted, poorly communicated, third party cheatsheet requiring (in this case PoeDB with it's 2 THOUSAND mods) system.
7.Crafting mods gated behind the RNG of Atzoatl/Delve. Specially Atzoatl.
8.Various past leagues' mechanics always interrupting gameplay. Oh now my sulphite is full, oh now i have a temple, oh wait i need to run a safehouse, oh now my memories are full etc...
9.Scammers.
10.Only being able to check your delve map within the azurite mine and the same deal with the other ones.
11.NOT BEING ABLE TO PRAISE LE TOUCAN IN GLOBAL!!!111!!! :p
12.Too many veiled mods to unlock, i mean seriously just remove the trash ones.
13.Not being able to change the order of your characters in the character selection screen.
14.Tormented spirits being annoyances that i can never be bothered to "push" towards mob packs and just kill them alone if at all.
15.Clicking on smth that is on the ground (char goes to pick it up) and then at the same time a volatile comes your way and u get toasted :p
16.Elder doing his slow cone and his expanding circle at the same time and those 2 overlapping in such a way that there's only like a 1 cm slither of land you can stand on...
17.Ppl that find it too hard to say "ty" after you give them a free u-lab trial in global 820.
18.Legacy items existing in standard.
19.The amount of different menus that the game has now... like seriously.
20.RNG challenges, specially ones that have multiple layers of rng... like the "kill this specific lich" one in Incursion.
21.Meh optimization... and the lack of a particle slider. FPS is more important then some shiny effect.
22.Spending a ton of fuses and regressing from a 5l (trying to get a 6l) into a 4l... /sigh
23.Chaos damage. Most builds have no chaos res incorporated and ppl don't bother with it. It's such a weird mechanic. It's like noone cares about it and gets it and then you come across some chaos spamming shit and get clapped... #feelsweirdman.
24.Golems getting killed like 10 times per map, even 20/20 ones. Like just increase their survivability man... (i don't like putting them on CWDT)
25.Some memories only having 2 usages.
26.Friends list not showing, how long it's been since a character was last online.
27.Those fucking "allies cannot die" totems and rare mobs. /SIGH
28.Getting ported into town, when you die during an elder guardian/elder fight... wtf is up with that really?
29.Bots.
30.Being forced to do maps that i don't want to do, just to push around shaper/elder influence.
31.Certain challenges and ways of gameplay, working against each other like in Incursion where let's say you didn't have the Atziri room upgrade III yet and let's say you had 5 incursions left and you just got a room where you could either turn it into a t3 room with good rewards or change it into a t1 Atziri room. I mean the chances were that during those next 4 incursions, you were not gonna get another 2 upgrades for the Atziri one, but well you kinda have to try ey? So now you just lost a good t3 room with juicy rewards, to have a small chance to get a t3 Atziri for the challenge.
32.Douches who enter your map and start doing it.(Extremely rare though.)
33.Abysses that make you backtrack in a map.
34.The death penalty. Sigh @ regression mechanics. I mean noone likes the death penalty and removing this archaic thing would just make more people try to push to higher levels and what's bad about progressing your character? Isn't that the purpose of an rpg? Some people who think "well then all will get to 100 and it won't be special" are full of shiet, cos most people don't even play their builds much past 90 and most people wouldn't even bother with 100 anyway... get real. All it would do, is allow more people to push. I mean it doesn't stop the veteran nolifers that go for 100 every league anyway, it only stops everyone else. Pointless and unfun mechanic imho.
35.Narrow corridors with mobs that spam some kind of ranged attack at you.
36.Vaal skills not gaining enough souls during boss fights. Ik they didn't gain anything before at all, but still i'd like them to gain more.
37.Wonky chat moderation, where you can get muted for saying 1 cuss word, but at the same time someone else is spamming the shit outta global with cusses and nothing happens to them. Also gms not taking the context of the situation into account.
38.That Xsolla crap which stops so many people from basically making purchases from the Shop.
39.Having lower fps in league, than in std... even tho standing in the exact same spot with nothing going on, with the exact same mtx. Wtf?
40.Game crashes.
41.Disconnects.
42.Bugs and glitches obviously.
43.Ranged having so many advantages over melee, that there's next to no incentive to play melee. Why can't devs come up with boss mechanics that punish ranged, but don't punish melee. Like let's say if you're ranged, the boss shoots a bolt at you every 5 seconds and if your melee, he simply doesn't. Easymode ey?
44.Some unique maps costing like 4 ex (perandus manor)... ffs
45.Pantheon feeling so meaningless...
46.Leagues that are convoluted and add a lot of items to the game that you then have to store, which means you basically have to buy more stash tabs. Go back to the simplicity, but pure fun and rewards of Breach please... seriously. No extra screens, no storage... just FUN and rewards.
47.Every league these days having the same 3 mtx. Some random 12 chall one, back attachment for 24 and portal for 36. Didn't we get like 4 mtx per league back in the day, including weapon effects, armor pieces, footprints etc... and they weren't always the same types continuously? Cmon now...
48.More and more content getting added to the core game which means that each league it's harder and harder to get everything you want done cos you have the same amount of time to get more and more things done. Where's the point at which people will just say "man there's too much to do in this amount of time". Now the small portion of nolifer veterans will obviously argue this, but the fact is that by the second month's end in Incursion, only about 2 % of the playerbase had 36 challs... i mean cmon lmao.
49.Attention whores that stand in their full mtx in the act 1 city, trying to impress random nubs to stroke their ego.
50.Almost never getting any liches in abyssal depths.
51.Having shittons of loot drop, 99% of which is filtered out by a loot filter cos it's utterly meaningless.
52.Bosses never really dropping anything, just make em drop some currency or maps ffs.
53.The first month of every league feeling like a beta.
54.Almost never getting anything good out of crafting... hence why almost noone bothers with it even tho the "currency" of the game itself is literally focused around crafting.
55.Elitists acting like playing 18 h a day, every day, in a 6 man group with an aurabot/cursebot, while being on cocaine and using the most FOTM clearspeedbuilds + pooling resources etc is the NORM of playing and that everyone (99% of the playerbase) who doesn't do that is a "noob".
56.People who don't make their own builds (not talking about beginners) and copy/paste streamers etc every time they make a character.
57.Getting nowhere enough silver coins to constantly run prophecies.
58.Not being able to turn off shadows in dx 11... it's not even for performance, i just don't like shadows in games.
59.Boxes, chests and canisters almost never dropping anything good or of value.. why do they even exist tbh?
60.Lab being so annoying.
61.Movement abilities not taking priority... oh man. I mean doing certain abilities locks your character in the animation and then let's say you wanna avoid a mechanic and press your leap slam, only to find out that it didn't trigger cos you were still stuck in your animation and now you're slapped...
62.Immunity phases on bosses /siiiiiiiiiiiigh
63.Maps that require backtracking.
64.Getting a shitton of mobs come at you, while simultaneously an EMP is dropped (lights go out) and one of those mobs that does the pulse attack is blasting you in the azurite mine.
65.Straggler mobs /sigh
66.Not being able to load into the game and immediately start in your hideout.
67.The music bugging out sometimes (rare though).
68.There still not being any voiced acting for characters in part 2. Like you know when you first enter certain areas in part 1, or kill certain bosses, the character will say something.
69.There not being more skill buttons on the UI.
70.The premium stash tab, sometimes not pricing stuff right or at all.
71.Mobs still being alive after a delve encounter ends... man is it annoying to target them through all the loot, the crawler and other mobs. Why can't there be some aoe explosion that kills all mobs in the vicinity after an encounter ends?
72.Usually not taking any damage from anything in a map at all, and then the stars align and you get some mob with "powerful crits", being buffed by some totem that is off the screen and some other shit and you get 1 shot or almost 1 shot. It's like the base damage of mobs is unexistant, but when shit stacks, it REALLY stacks into damage that is literally impossible to mitigate. Defences are wonky af tbh in PoE.
73.Whispering 30 people, out of whom a single one finally replies... trading /siiiiigh
74.Still after all this time (adding in all kinds of currency items), giving only 4 stash tabs to beginners... like cmon lmao
75.People with unexistant attention spans, whining about posts being too long xD
76.Breaches that spawn in bad locations that ruin them.
77.Those party etc notifications on the right lower corner getting in the way sometimes.
78.The "area is inhabited by undead" mod. /siiigh at killing mobs and considering an area to be cleared, only for some summoner off the screen to bring the skeletons back to life and confusing you if those are new mobs or old ones (give no xp) when you pass that place by again as you're clearing the map.
79.The lightning storm or whatever it's called where bolts of lightning repeatedly come from the sky and strike you. Gl trying to identify the mob that's causing it, when you're in a breach or something and the terrain consists of stairs and narrow corridors etc.
80.RMT "gold sellers" in global.
81.People linking their random garbo items on global.
82.There not being an ignore function on the forums - would be nice to have it.
83.Losing map portals sometimes upon disconnects or whatever.
84.Mtx being overpriced.
85.The ignore list being so small.
86.Over 500 helmet enchantments, out of which less than 50 are actually good. Like who even gets their own helmet enchants??? This is literally crazy.
87.Things being "announced/talked/questions answered to" about in Reddit, while not being "announced/talked/questions answered to" about in the official forums.
88.The namebox of the stabiliser in memories being in the way of loot on the ground.
89.Building a path to a distant memory and getting clapped at the end of the chain you built because of going into the wrong direction in the beginning of the tile and then decay moving in real fast + the layout is shitty too, so it's next to impossible to move out of it.
90.Einhar taking so long to capture beasts.
91.Memory leaks (or memory not offloading) where PoE (a top-down view arpg from 2013) takes about 8 gb of RAM after an hour of play, whereas smth like Skyrim takes 1gb...
92.Betrayal still causing stuttering for a while, even after the map has loaded.
93.GGG not releasing chall/skill etc statistics similarly every league. Release the first batch after 1/3rd of the league and another batch after 2/3rds of the league.
94.Betrayal board getting wiped after defeating the Mastermind.
95.1+gb patches to fix like 10 bugs?
96.Having to clear mobs in a circular area around the betrayal npcs, before interacting with them. It takes some time to make your choice on the board obviously and during that time your screen is covered and mobs can come and kill you.
97.Betrayal requiring you to alt/tab to a cheat sheet. Like why isn't this information in the game? Why can't you just press alt while hovering your cursor over a syndicate member and it tell you what rewards that npc gives in each 4 divisions? I mean this isn't some "secretive/find it out yourself" type of stuff anyway, because cheat sheets for these type of things are made by players during the first week of the league anyway, so why not just have that information in the game?

More to come as i think of it :)

Write what you loathe! :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 20, 2019, 7:32:59 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2019, 4:48:48 PM
14. Hold your mouse over the icon to the left of the name on friends list. Shows what you seek.
35. Pantheons are not meaningless. In fact they are extremely important.
Last edited by arknath on Oct 10, 2018, 4:51:09 PM
std lul
"
arknath wrote:
14. Hold your mouse over the icon to the left of the name on friends list. Shows what you seek.
35. Pantheons are not meaningless. In fact they are extremely important.

Pantheon is meaningless though... let's not act like it "super important". It's a gimmick man, for most builds it doesn't change jackshit xD

EDIT: umm it doesn't show that in the friends list though...
Last edited by Paldamus on Oct 11, 2018, 5:40:11 AM
"
golan4840 wrote:
std lul

golan4840 lul
1. the lab
2. the absurd PC requirements
3. the general lack of polish and UI improvements
4. the idea that the developers enjoy making their fanbase suffer
21.Douches who enter your map and start doing it.(Extremely rare though.)

lol, my friend did this.
"
saltyvu wrote:

lol, my friend did this.

he a straight up douche xD
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
saltyvu wrote:

lol, my friend did this.

he a straight up douche xD

it was friday,drunk and buying things off of poetrade. the guy spent 2mins looking for it, so my buddy ran in to finish his map. I told my friend he was a rude boi.
62. Post that are way too long to read in the forum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info