[3.4]"The Unrelenting" All Content, Ultimate Tank Dual wield Nebluloch Juggernaut, semi budget

This is the first build guide I've done, so I'm open for criticism.

Table of Content :

1. What this build is all about
2. What this build can do
3. Ascendancy choice
4. Skilltree
5. Items
6. Gems Links
7. Pantheon/Bandits
8. "Semi Budget"

1. What this build is all about
Spoiler
This build focuses on wielding two unique maces

The important lines ( at least for this build ) are those that give you reduced elemental damage taken, 4% chaos resistance and +500 armor. All of these buffs are gated behind endurance charges. This build aims for 10 of them giving (if you dual wield them) 20% reduced elemental damage taken; 80% chaos resistance and 10.000 armor. Combining it with the juggernaut ascendancy that gives us 5% generic damage reduction, 40% chaos resistance, 8% reduced elemental damage taken and a lots of additional armor makes this build nearly unkillable. For damage we take elemental overload combined with the accuracy from juggernaut and point blank for huge damage multiplier, additionally we gain damage by stacking endurance charges cause of the nebulochs ( the added physical is global, so we get double the added damage for both weapons). My current character sits at ~2.5 million dps WITHOUT Xoph's Blood

2. What this build can do
Spoiler
This build is able to do everything in the whole game and even should be able to get you to depth 600+ for being one of the most tanky builds available(besides Zerphi abuser and 100% elemental resistances builds that cost 40+ex to make them good).
Even though this build is very tanky it CAN'T do elemental reflect

3. Ascendancy choice
Spoiler
So you may ask, why not go chieftain of any other ascendancy, to this I can only reply that juggernaut gives us a lot of things like free accuracy and insane endurance charge sustain even while bossing that no other ascendancy gives us. The only reason to go chieftain would be for the insane damage, but this comes with a hefty price tag of having to get accuracy on gear and some sort of endurance charge sustain. You can't reasonably argue for any other ascendancy other that these two

4. Skilltree/PoB
Spoiler
PoB: https://pastebin.com/42DfDzfA
Current Skilltree (lvl. 89): Skilltree
If you got more points to spent, there are lots of life nodes and jewel sockets nearby that you can pick up.
Leveling
22 Points
39 Points <-- Only take Elemental Overload if you've ascended and already took Undeniable. Don't forget to respec out of Resolute Technique.
75 Points
Level 90
Level 100 Tree for the Insane, you'll have arround 7,24k life and 2 more jewel sockets

Ascendancy Order:
Undeniable -> Unbreakable -> Unflinching -> Unrelenting

5. Items
Spoiler
Weapon:
Spoiler
Obviously there is only one choice
and of course we use two of them. Try to focus on the Physical added as extra Fire damage.

Helmet:
Spoiler

Best enchantment is +3 Molten strike Projectiles, you can use any other rare helmet with lots of life if you can't balance resistances otherwise

Chest
Spoiler
Just BIS for this build, you can use a rare chest with life and resistance instead but you won't hit the amount of life this chest gives you

Rings
Spoiler
We use two kaoms WAYS, not the cheap kaoms sign, the important line here is the .4 of life regenerated per second per endurance charge. Because we stack up to 10 endurance charges we get 8% of maximum life regenerated per second from those rings alone.

Amulet
Spoiler
Just get a nice rare amulet with lots of life, resistances and if you can physical damage to attacks, mine is not the best but it serves its purpose. If you're rich you can get yourself a Xoph's blood, but it's more of a luxury upgrade then a requirement.

Boots
Spoiler
Kaoms Roots is the best option here, try to get a corrupted one with +1 to maximum endurance charges

Gloves
Spoiler
Another great slot for a nice pair of rare items with lots of resistances and life

Belt
Spoiler
Belt of the deceiver is a nice item because of the nearby enemies are intimidated mod, which results is a nice 10% more damage multiplier, but if you can't fix your resistances just go for a rare belt with life and resistances
Flasks
Spoiler
If you got the money than replace the ruby flask with a dying sun and the sapphire flask with a taste of hate, it really makes a difference in both dps and tankyness

Jewels
Spoiler
2 Wildfire Jewels are a must, they add a LOT of damage bacause of the added projectiles. If you get higher level and get more Jewel sockets get yourself
A: Abyss Jewels with added Fire or Physical damage with attacks/ with mace attacks and life or
B: Normal Jewels with Life>Attack speed with maces/Attack speed while dual wielding>Generic attack speed/physical damage with melee attacks/physical damage with mace attacks/fire damage>Attack and Cast speed

6. Gem Links
Spoiler
Molten strike:
Molten Strike > Elemental Damage with Attacks>Concentrated Effect > Combustion > Vicious Projectiles > Ancestral Call; Switch ancestral call for fire pen for endgame bosses.
Movement setup
Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Blood Magic
Utility and Auras
Purity Of Fire; Enduring Cry; Blood Rage; Herald Of Purity; Herald Of Ash; Ancestral Protector - all in your weapons and CWDT Setup that suits you, I chose CWDT > Enfeeble > Cold Snap > Vortex
Don't use a CWDT immortal call setup as it uses up all your endurance charges and thus throws away all your dps and tankyness

7. Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandits
For bandits I personally killed them all, but if you're like level 100 and got no more points to spent on nearby jewel sockets or life nodes than feel free to kill Oak.
Pantheon
Take Soul of Tukohama for the Life regeneration and Soul of Solaris for the Reduced elemental damage taken and reduced AoE damage taken.

8. "Semi Budget"
Spoiler
I mean with semi Budget that you can to pay ~20 exalts for one of the most tanky builds that can get you all the way through the game and into very deep delves. But you can also start of the build very easy on all rares and just the dual nebulochs and after you've gotten enough currency you buy the rest of the gear.

Last edited by DriedRain on Oct 10, 2018, 10:10:03 AM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2018, 4:12:44 PM
Did you u tried UE with this one ?
UE/UA/any Devle boss - eazy. played in that build more than 1 mounth.
"
pauldousen wrote:
UE/UA/any Devle boss - eazy. played in that build more than 1 mounth.

Well, i have to say, even though we have similar builds, your's seem to have the same ammount of life ( maybe like 100hp more) but less Damage mitigation and like way more expensive gear. And even though you were using a xophs blood you still have less dps than my build. You should replace the diamond flask with a dying sun and the quecksilver with something like a rumis ( taste of hate is useless in your build cause of the loreweave, that's why I'm not using it)
"
DriedRain wrote:

less Damage mitigation

Small diference

"
DriedRain wrote:

less dps

Use pob dude cmon

"
DriedRain wrote:

diamond flask

That was just a fun test. Ofc i use dying sun.

"
DriedRain wrote:

loreweave

Loreweave the best choise in all situation and for bosses to(except delve depth 700+ than you need belly and all purity of /cold/fire/lightning).

And if you talk about surviability you should lets try to use aspect of spider on amulet.
Last edited by pauldousen on Oct 11, 2018, 7:09:11 AM
"
pauldousen wrote:

Use pob dude cmon

I did and mine has more dps, but it doesn't really matter, because I just wanted to say that my build doesn't need a xoph's heart or a loreweave to compete in dmg and survivability with a build that uses them. And no, loreweave is only a good option if you want to use vitality instead of purity of fire or other of ice, because if you use just use a resistance flask you already outscale loreweave. And you only really need +maximum fire and cold res when it comes to endgame bosses, as wise oak if your lightning res is the lowest gives you the same ammount of defense as a +maxres flask
"
DriedRain wrote:
"
pauldousen wrote:

Use pob dude cmon

build doesn't need a xoph's heart or a loreweave to compete in dmg and survivability with a build that uses them.

Ofc dont needed all this stuff. Mandadory item is nebuloch + kaom's way + kaom roots(without endurance charge to) like you say in op post.

Anyway build is very strong.
Hi there,

I love the build. I just do not have the corrupted boots for the moment, just the simple ones ;-)

Once you have 9 charges, you are very strong, BUT I wonder how you enter the first fight when you have no charges ? Because when I jump into the first fight, I often get oneshot, lacking the huge cumulative protection of the charges.

There is the trick of the charge-generating blades, but it's tedious, i have to wait 20 sec, and then swap weapons, and rebuff 2 heralds and 1 aura...

Nothing easier ?

And thx again for that great build !

EDIT : I just bought the boots. Even stronger now ! Just need the enchant now... ;-)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 25, 2018, 6:17:38 PM
You can dual weild thoose weapons, you can just stand still before the fight starts and then enter the fight for full endurance charges, or you could just rush in, use enduring cry and ez.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info