[3.7] Bella's Dancing Duo Occultist | Delve 700 | Uber Elder | 1M++ DPS |

Absolutely adored playing this in 3.6, can you refer to any build that makes DD playable in 3.7? I've looked through some scion builds but none seem to be up-to-date. Or maybe you already got around to the life based variant and would be able to share this?

Thanks for this awesome build, even though it's dead it was my most fun char ever. :)
I'm in a similar spot to the poster above; I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to make a DD generally workable (whether with life or whatever) - I thought this build was absolutely fantastic to play back in 3.5, but I can't seem to find a single up to date build for dancing duo for Legion. Poeninja even only has 6 characters above lvl 91 and most of them appear to be strange personal variants, so I'm not entirely sure how to go about emulating them.

Cheers
Uberelite is playing it on a Champion with Enhanced Vaal Fallen spectres, check out his twitch stream and profile

Is Dancing Duo good for monolith farm? Clears fast or it's not good for it?
Sorry for the stupid question but is this build completely non viable? Like isn't there a way for it to get viable again maybe with some expensive gear and what not?
EDIT: Nvm. Found it.
Last edited by sikker on Jul 9, 2019, 3:22:05 AM
This has been my favorite build since Betrayal, and I didn't want to give up on it yet. POB with current gear arrives at 7.1k es by 92 if anyone is interested in trying still.

POB: https://pastebin.com/cR5H6H9m
Its nice to see you keep trying, we need dedicated people that keep trying various builds :)

I tried myself some ideas with dervish but its hard, i wanted to go for a champion dervish maybe with even other mobs but especialy that could still fight himself but thats hard(impossible ?) to set up

I got other ideas to try but god theorycrafting on this game is painfull sometime
"
Beefcream wrote:
This has been my favorite build since Betrayal, and I didn't want to give up on it yet. POB with current gear arrives at 7.1k es by 92 if anyone is interested in trying still.

POB: https://pastebin.com/cR5H6H9m

I'm currently following this build with a few different points, currently at 6k ES (without Aul's).

I have a bit of leftover mana for reserving, I'm trying Flesh and Stone at the moment and it's pretty good for extra damage.

Update: 6.3K ES @ LV 90 - planning on grabbing Arcane Will once I'm 92 to reach 6.5k~ ES, ditched the jewel slot left of the Shaper node since it takes 4 10 strength nodes to get there. I did fill the Unnatural Calm node circle to get all the ES I can.

Update #2: 6,992 ES @ LVL 92 - grabbed Aul's Uprising for more damage (I think I'd be at 7.2 or 7.3K ES or more with a rare ES amulet.

#3: 7.6K ES @ LVL 92 using Presence of Chayula - albeit less damage.
Last edited by nome0000 on Aug 1, 2019, 7:28:00 PM
Thanks for not giving up on the build guys :) I haven't played much 3.7 in relation to a bit of a PoE burn-out so I can't provide up to date info but from what I've gathered the build is still playable but it begins to fall into a category of requiring too much investment to just get going.

One of the things I valued in this build is that despite Delve 700 and sub-3 minute Uber Elder kills requiring a lot of invesment you could still map red maps quickly at a fraction of the cost. The main reason I've discontinued curating the build guide is that I feel like I can't recommend this build to everyone as the investment to hit a recommendable ES pool is out of reach for a lot of players.

If the power-creep in 3.8 isn't too bad I've decided that I'll continue updating the guide with a variant that reaches a good compromise because I've observed from Scion DD's that the benefit from Profane Bloom in clearspeed in incomparable. I initially felt that the slightly higher top end damage of an Aurabot DD would make up for the lack of Profane Bloom but GD I miss it.

I'll do some experimenting and see if I can take a life-based Occultist to similar heights since the mechaic we really want is Profane Bloom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info