[3.7] Bella's Dancing Duo Occultist | Delve 700 | Uber Elder | 1M++ DPS |

"
Bellabong wrote:

Dancing Duo has a 25% chance to grant a rampage kill upon killing a unique enemy. If you look at the Forge and Pit video's you'll see I only use the flasks to keep up rampage while looting, I'm still on the same initial rampage when I reach the boss room.

The only time in the game when rampage uptime is even close to an issue is if you want to keep the rampage stacks you gained from the shaper mini bosses.

I quess you've meant hitting, not killing.

Actually I've had no idea that's the case. For some reason there is no info about that on the main Dancing Duo wiki page, only on the Manifest Dancing Dervish one.

Edit. One more question. Are those flying swords actually immortal and always on full life? According to wiki:
"
The Minions themselves have a lot of damage reduction while active and will not die that easily. A little bit of minion life regeneration suffices to keep them alive and healthy.
Last edited by Amongalen on Oct 10, 2018, 8:27:53 AM
"
Amongalen wrote:
"
Bellabong wrote:

Dancing Duo has a 25% chance to grant a rampage kill upon killing a unique enemy. If you look at the Forge and Pit video's you'll see I only use the flasks to keep up rampage while looting, I'm still on the same initial rampage when I reach the boss room.

The only time in the game when rampage uptime is even close to an issue is if you want to keep the rampage stacks you gained from the shaper mini bosses.

I quess you've meant hitting, not killing.

Actually I've had no idea that's the case. For some reason there is no info about that on the main Dancing Duo wiki page, only on the Manifest Dancing Dervish one.

Edit. One more question. Are those flying swords actually immortal and always on full life? According to wiki:
"
The Minions themselves have a lot of damage reduction while active and will not die that easily. A little bit of minion life regeneration suffices to keep them alive and healthy.

Indeed I meant hit haha.

Dancing Duo is a bit peculiar, they draw aggro normally and can be targeted but they seem to have 100% damage reduction. (PoB says they have 7000 HP and expected damage reduction) There are rumours of a rare bug involving a can not die rare and reflect. causing a sword to "die". I've played DD for the majority of my PoE playtime and have pushed them far and have never encountered this bug.

The Wiki in general is highly unreliable, the minion damage rampage effect has now proven to be false.
i like it
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
What Spectre's do you mainly use?
"
Bellabong wrote:

Indeed I meant hit haha.

Dancing Duo is a bit peculiar, they draw aggro normally and can be targeted but they seem to have 100% damage reduction. (PoB says they have 7000 HP and expected damage reduction) There are rumours of a rare bug involving a can not die rare and reflect. causing a sword to "die". I've played DD for the majority of my PoE playtime and have pushed them far and have never encountered this bug.

The Wiki in general is highly unreliable, the minion damage rampage effect has now proven to be false.

Post by Rhys: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9mtgtf/ive_posted_a_guide_to_my_occultist_dancing_duo_as/e7jkjk9/

"
They are not immune to damage. You can see this when they take a large hit like a Shaper/Malachai slam. But they are tanky enough that a small amount of life regen will keep them at full hp most of the time.

Doesn't make big difference but they in fact are not dmg immune. But yea, I guess it's still worth using dmg on full life then.
"
Nick18 wrote:
What Spectre's do you mainly use?

I use Kitavas Heralds and Stygian Silverbacks, I touch on why in the guide.

"
Amongalen wrote:

Post by Rhys: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9mtgtf/ive_posted_a_guide_to_my_occultist_dancing_duo_as/e7jkjk9/

"
They are not immune to damage. You can see this when they take a large hit like a Shaper/Malachai slam. But they are tanky enough that a small amount of life regen will keep them at full hp most of the time.

Doesn't make big difference but they in fact are not dmg immune. But yea, I guess it's still worth using dmg on full life then.

Ah finally a straight answer; in the long run full life is better since they're on full life nearly all the time. Wait a second, with this build you're giving the swords a nice juicy discipline aura, that's probably the reason why I've never noticed them taking damage!
Super Build,nice dmg)
I’m curious, have you tried the phantasm staff with this build? I know this is a dancing duo build... but everything I have read seems like it would also work with with the phantasm staff. It could be kept as a weapon switch and it might be interesting to have the two modes.
Last edited by ImAncient on Oct 13, 2018, 6:01:02 AM
"
ImAncient wrote:
I’m curious, have you tried the phantasm staff with this build? I know this is a dancing duo build... but everything I have read seems like it would also work with with the phantasm staff. It could be kept as a weapon switch and it might be interesting to have the two modes.

By all accounts you're essentially a buffbot for physical and chaos damage so the fundementals of the build should work with a lot of things :)
Enjoying this so far (79) but do find it tricky keeping the swords up sometimes, & if you get caught without flask charges in delve forget it xd.

With no evasion can kill myself quite quickly to porcupines

Otherwise though, swords up and rampage stacks and it is amazing

Bought this ring, what's best way to use an additional slot? Was thinking putting convocation there and inc. duration then linked to phase run, have to recolour shavs though

I'm not sure how beneficial bone helm is, it's not like spectres are doing any damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info