[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

its slipperyjim8s filter sounds. you can get it here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wta1qDH-rG9aPpGesxeMAMG09D5X4HK/view

im just unsure how its going to get updated for betrayal. is there a way to just use neversinks filter and load these sounds in? or do i need to use jim's full filter. in which case is it updated or not i do not know.

im not good with the filter stuff nor do i want to start trying, but yeah i love these filter sounds.

oh ya looks like this is the updated version. sweet.
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 7, 2018, 1:18:29 PM
Molten Strike build always looked interesting to me, and I like the ranger variant... giving this one a try this league. Was wondering, are the final builds in the main post current? Wasn't sure how drastically you were thinking of changing the build for 3.5

Thanks for the guide!
they're current enough. this is kind of the tankier version of the build. in 3.5 im going to try to make a more zoom zoom version of the build.

everything stays the same except picking up frenzy charges and getting avatar of the slaughter, and every jewel that i can has 3x attack speed mods for 15-18% attack speed on it.

also in 3.5 i'll most likely be using an eventual 6L daresso's defiance (20% attack and movement speed with new onslaught buffs to it) and can use w/e helmet you want. this will be a net DPS loss because the helmet shown here is essentially a 7L, but dps was never an issue anyway.

this will make it easier to get the new nerfed molten strike 2 additional projectile helm enchant, which is more necessary in 3.5
"
xMustard wrote:
they're current enough. this is kind of the tankier version of the build. in 3.5 im going to try to make a more zoom zoom version of the build.

everything stays the same except picking up frenzy charges and getting avatar of the slaughter, and every jewel that i can has 3x attack speed mods for 15-18% attack speed on it.

also in 3.5 i'll most likely be using an eventual 6L daresso's defiance (20% attack and movement speed with new onslaught buffs to it) and can use w/e helmet you want. this will be a net DPS loss because the helmet shown here is essentially a 7L, but dps was never an issue anyway.

this will make it easier to get the new nerfed molten strike 2 additional projectile helm enchant, which is more necessary in 3.5

Ok, thanks... I certainly don't mind respeccing a few points here and there as needed, I'm just a pretty casual player and it'll be sometime before I can dump a lot of currency into a full respec.
right now there are only 2x beltimber blades listed with one at a price of 1.5exalts. zero grelwood shanks. they may have gotten too rare, we'll see as the league goes on. i'll definitely still get them eventually but...

right now im sneaking up on level 60, i'll probably just shell out for a ngamahu's flame axe and go that route for currency building.
"
xMustard wrote:

Where do you pick up the frenzy charges in the tree now, and what did you drop to pick them up? Sorry, pretty new and not great at tweaking build guides yet. Love the build so far.
as of right now this is my character in standard as the zoom zoom version

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xMustard/characters
under molten nuts lvl 99.

i think i just dropped some life nodes. still over 8k life on that dude though.
So you don't think that taking Quartz Infusion + Avatar of the Veil is the way to go anymore?

Also, what do you think about taking Vaal Pact? I know it might be unecessary once you get Life Gain on Hit rings, but until then I think it might be decent.
i personally think vaal pact is garbage. i'd rather have the regen for sure.

avatar of the veil is the way to go if you want to be tankier. being ailment immune and not needing ailment flasks and the extra dodge + phasing is great, but avatar of the slaughter will give you more damage and quite a bit more attack speed if you want full zoom zoom
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 9, 2018, 7:17:32 PM
Hi. Sorry for a newb question. How and when do u use charged dash? I saw your standart and betrayal builds. U use golem and dash or blood rage and dash (other skills are similar: cyclone ancestral molten strike and 2 auras). Why don't u use golem and blood rage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info