[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

Plan on posting soulthirst version before the league ends? Thanks for the build and guide :)
maybe.
it isn't an ideal version of the build at all, thats for sure. you basically can't use flasks. this means you're a lot less tanky, as in you get hit a lot more often.

right now im lvl 98 and 78%. i am going to level before swapping to soulthirst version to test it further and grab a video or two with it or something, because im afraid i'll die. it feels like i'll die.

next league i'll most likely run this build and do a full zoom zoom speed version. so leap slam for movement and stuff.

im also very interested in the new skill shattering steel and whatever impale is/does. it seems like it could really fit in well with this build as a massive clear skill. much like how people do frost blades/MS. only time will tell when more information gets revealed.
this build is still very much alive. i'll personally be playing this as my league starter since quill rain got fucking deleted.

so changes are as follows. you lose 2x projectiles. from 11 down to 9 if you don't already have the helm enchant. the new helm enchant being 2 projectiles could be affordable enough that essentially projectile count won't change - that would be good. either way it isn't an enormous loss.

the gem itself is buffed in damage by quite a bit. the weapons are already buffed in damage a decent amount.

the only changes that concern me is this
"
Items exclusive to the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians now drop less frequently. Uniques exclusive to the Elder's guardians now also drop based on map tier, with some items unable to drop until higher map tiers.

unsure how much of an effect this'll have on rarity of the swords. they're very underused but will apparently be more rare. they'll also become more used with the skills shattering/lancing steel.

they probably won't become too expensive by any means, but it may take longer for them to be acquired.

a positive change is the buff to daresso's defiance
"
Daresso's Defiance now grants Onslaught for 5 (up from 2) seconds per Endurance Charge when hit, and 60-90 (up from 40-60) Life. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb. New versions also grant 60-100% increased Onslaught effect.

this is pretty awesome. daresso's is a solid chest. having 90 life would be great. with attack dodge and endurance charges and good evasion + armour it'll be a great addition to the build.
not to mention the 100% onslaught effect. this effectively adds 20% attack speed and movement speed, which is fucking enormous.

this league i'll be running a more attack speed based variant of this build for way more zoom zoom. instead of avatar of the veil i'll be getting avatar of the slaughter and added frenzy charges. also instead of cyclone i'll be using leap slam

in standard at the moment with just changing jewels to attack speed based etc i have over 14 attacks per second. this will prove to be a very efficient map clearer.

can't wait to see what veiled mods and new mastercrafting options can add to this build
Will you be updating the guide on front page anytime soon? Also what changes do I make if I go both frost blades and MS with your build in 3.5.

People are also suggesting Grelwood Shank after it's buff, not sure what you think about that.
Please post the new gem setups you are testing before the 3.5 release.
"
PlainSage wrote:
Will you be updating the guide on front page anytime soon? Also what changes do I make if I go both frost blades and MS with your build in 3.5.

People are also suggesting Grelwood Shank after it's buff, not sure what you think about that.

grelwood shank is just the armor version of beltimber blade, which is what this build uses. they're essentially the same item. beltimber blade works great while grelwood KILLS this build because you do not want iron reflexes since you want to evade.
so no on grelwood

"
crispyexcal wrote:
Please post the new gem setups you are testing before the 3.5 release.

well i'll probably run a 6L chest instead of the elder helmet. this will free up available helmet slot to run anything you want with molten strike enchant.
as for best gems i'll have to test it further end game.

instead of cyclone, inc crit, combustion, fortify i'll most likely run leap slam, faster attacks, fortify, combustion or inc crit. that is essentially all that will change.

i will not update the main page for awhile. not until i get into the end game maps with semi-optimized gear.

spec into avatar of fire (3 passives) before getting xoph's blood. xoph's will be significantly cheaper this league because of breach zana mod again. hurray.
Hey I was planning to go for a raider FB/MS starter but using claws instead of swords. I want to play SSF too so with 3.5 it means :
- 1 wildfire jewel (+2 proj)
- No helm enchant
- No beltimber
- No dying sun until a long time

So that realisticly means I'll play with only +2 proj from wildfire. My question is : am I gimping myself real hard by not going swords (though in SSF I might have a hard time getting beltimber anyway)? I'd really want to play with claws this time but if 5 proj is too low for MS I'll think about something else (probably going FB for single target with fight for survival).

EDIT : Also thinking about going ST
Last edited by Inheritor on Dec 5, 2018, 5:41:29 PM
Hey there xMustard!
first of all thanks for the brilliant guide for proper Molten strike build!

was checking trough the skill tree and noticed that swapping 3points from acuity(near ranger start) to precision (near templar) you gain 4%more global accuracy rating and 3%movement speed.

so the question is , how important you think the accuracy rating is from acuity when leveling and mapping and how does it affect all in all for the play if you swap it to precision? like dont get acuity at all and go for precision when you have the lvl?
"
fleshw0und wrote:
Hey there xMustard!

you're right, those 3 nodes are better than acuity. 4% more accuracy, same attack speed, 3% more movement speed.

so you won't need accuracy at all while leveling. you get plenty from the rest of the tree as well anyway. so its fine for those passives to be delayed to a higher level.

actually in the new league with banner skills you could probably skip out on those 3 nodes all together. the War Banner skill adds 59% accuracy rating which is enormous. also the adrenaline effect when placed would benefit this build immensely. it cost 10% reservation, so might have to juggle something around or squeeze in an enlighten gem to keep it all together but it should be doable.

also, for the other guy, with only 5 projectiles nah molten strike i'd say is not worth it.
Curious it has not been asked but mind sharing that sound filter you got, it's the funniest i've heard so far :D

Cheers for the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info