[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

"
xMustard wrote:
you could go pathfinder but i personally don't see a NEED to do so, let me explain. this will also tie in about grelwood

so the main reason behind me picking raider, which is amplified by this league, is the evasion you gain from avatar of the chase. it is just extreme and is what inherently makes you tanky.
avatar of the veil, aka having permanent phasing just plays out so well with delve.

now you absolutely can do pathfinder. you would be lacking on evasion in comparison, so you'd probably have to make that up by 100% running grace at all times. this would most likely be an adequate counter.
im not sure you'd be any faster, either attack or running speed wise, so i don't specifically see the benefit. so this decision would be more of a personal preference.
pathfinder would have flask effect, which is always great, but as raider for gained charges you could easily run poacher's mark blasphemy instead of enfeeble blasphemy for 100% flask charges gained (as well as life/mana on hit...if you don't have elder ring).
you would also feel obligated to slightly respec the tree and pick up the almost mandatory PF flask nodes in the tree, using a bunch of passives.

grelwood however would straight up be bad in comparison. at most you would only save 2 passive points not directly spec'ing into point blank, and the iron reflexes would directly hinder you overall.
also the added projectiles only occur when you've been hit, when the name of the game is to get hit as least as possible.

Hey man thanks so much for that detailed explanation, makes a lot of sense. Will give this build a try and let you know how it goes!
Following your build and now i wonder if i use xophs blood even without a convertion watchers eye i have full fire dmg on my molten strike tooltip are there better combinations to watch out for a watchers eye or do i miss something?
im not sure what you're asking.
you have xoph's blood, which gives you avatar of fire, so no matter what you'll have 100% fire damage. molten strike converts 60% to fire already, so you could use a conversion watcher's eye without xoph's to get 100%.

since you have a xoph's blood, there isn't a point to running a conversion watcher's eye, so ya there are better combinations. they are of course extremely expensive, but its unneeded. could just get a good abyss jewel.

abyss jewels do better than regular jewels for this build. 50 hp is the same as 7%, and you'll have significantly more damage if you roll a murderous eye jewel with a scorched fire and get a bunch of flat dmg.
Ah ok didnt knew that avatar of fire gives 100% fire convertion anyways so that explains a lot.
I guess ill try to roll a good ilvl 85 abyss jewel then overall have to say a rly good and fun build keep it up :D
avatar of fire gives 50% conversion but makes it so you can't do any dmg type except fire. it makes it 100% with molten strike. doing 100% fire dmg is optimal because of the supports and penetration having more of an effect.

for people curious, before anyone gets a xoph's blood you can spec into avatar of fire pretty easily.
hey posting so you can see
Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide, really liking it. I have one question tho, is it possible to do ele reflect map ? You can do phys reflect if you have avatar of fire, but no idea for ele reflect.
"
Takezō wrote:
Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide, really liking it. I have one question tho, is it possible to do ele reflect map ? You can do phys reflect if you have avatar of fire, but no idea for ele reflect.

you can do ele reflect but it isn't the safest thing in the world. i prefer to just skip it, but if i hit random mods via zana map mods and such i can still run it.

what you have to do is turn off anger and roll with grace aura instead. this gives you higher base evasion because reflect can be evaded. then you also have to swap your pantheon to get 25% reduced ele reflect dmg taken via soul of yugul.

next, if you run xoph's blood its best to take it off so you don't get full ele conversion.

now you can run ele reflect maps but you still don't want to jump in there and kill everything all at the same time. you change the playstyle a bit, just taking it a little more slow. ideally you want fortify and wise oak up 100% of the time as well.

i've completed plenty of reflect maps but its also been the last couple times i've died, just hitting too many mobs at the same time. obviously you have less damage (i have pretty damn high damage) it will be less of an issue.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 4, 2018, 1:48:45 PM
so i've been testing a new variation of the build with using soulthirst belt to have soul eater. unfortunately you can't curse yourself with temp chains to prolong the effect. i initially thought you could use the watcher's eye with "unaffected by temporal chains when affected by haste" or w/e but it doesn't slow you at all even though you're still cursed.

anyway it still works and is still a nice bonus. you need soul taker axe and soulthirst belt, and helps to run MoM to reduce mana even more.

i'll update the 2nd post to include the version hopefully later today. so far during normal mapping i was able to reach 55 attacks per second, which is enormous.

i have a specific soulthirst jugg build for this very style but i really dislike it because honestly i think jugg is terrible at "tanking" compared to raider. at least with raider the build is not broken and complete shit without soul eater active. with jugg, it is.
Lets hope they dont nerf MS nxt patch :D otherwise this will be by league starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info