[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

what was deepest delve you can handle?
Bayern des samma mia
"
what was deepest delve you can handle?

I am currently at depth 450. She dies rarely in solo play, but I wouldn't recommend it for HC.

If your objective is to reach level 100, I recommend not pushing past depth 350 for HC.
ty great guide- read level section. will do this as league starter for 3.5.

hope it went out well.

only 300 ppl over delve 600 ... so its fine.

and uber elder builds that are fun are all expensive
Bayern des samma mia
SSF MoM Trickster "league start" field test: putting my money where my mouth is
It's worth noting that this was not a very lucky run. 6/10 RNG.

Act 5: Level 43

Act 9: Level 61

Early Maps: Level 68
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Nov 25, 2018, 10:50:37 PM
how would your endgame gear look like as trickster? u think its gonna be as good as occultist?

tanky and dmg (single target / clear speed without profane bloom)

Bayern des samma mia
"
how would your endgame gear look like as trickster? u think its gonna be as good as occultist?

Damage? Probably not.
Survivability? Probably not.
I'm gonna try this build. It already plays similar to my Caustic Arrow build, but with slightly better damage and seemingly much better survivability due to that monstrous ES pool, so I already understand and actually enjoy the play style.

I'm gonna use this as my starter in 3.5 too.
"
I'm gonna try this build. It already plays similar to my Caustic Arrow build, but with slightly better damage and seemingly much better survivability due to that monstrous ES pool, so I already understand and actually enjoy the play style.

I'm gonna use this as my starter in 3.5 too.

Nice! I hope Scold's Bridle is still cheap in 3.5. Will you be changing up any of the gear choices?
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
Nice! I hope Scold's Bridle is still cheap in 3.5. Will you be changing up any of the gear choices?

Hmm probably not too much. Obviously I'll do the budget version while the league is young. I'm a very casual player, usually only playing less than an hour a day, so I don't imagine I'd be drowning in currency too quickly. I imagine Scold's Bridle will still stay around the same price, though the new skill types might actually benefit from it so maybe the price will go up a bit. We'll see. D:

In any case even when I was running really cheapo gear on my Caustic Arrow build it was still fun and reliable to play (was using a 5L Silverbranch/Silverbough until around T6 maps), so I think it'll feel more or less the same with this build. I'm patient enough heheh. I just wanted a simple build that I don't already have in Standard that's cheap to get started, and this seems to fit the bill.
"
Obviously I'll do the budget version while the league is young. I'm a very casual player, usually only playing less than an hour a day, so I don't imagine I'd be drowning in currency too quickly.

If that's the case, I wager you'll be running a life + MoM build for quite a while. I bet you're going to have a hard time deciding whether to spend your currency on right-now upgrades or low-life gear for later (because I know I did).

The one glaring issue to watch out for: once you get to a certain level, there aren't any efficient points left to grab on the skill tree. But given that budget gear is often lacking in the life department, I guess I'd just fill out the rest of the life nodes.

114-point skill tree, in case you have a hard time getting low-life gear together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info