Audio Device Changing Bug

Changing OS's default audio device while playing doesn't change the game device.
But it will cause game to display Audio Device incorrectly.

Let's say i have Audio A and B and want to change the playback.
A is the default.
when i change default device to B, game say i am still using A this is display bug.
but when i change game's device to B game still playing sound in A, and then in game device list A and B swap places.
now i need to change to A again they swap places again but this time the sound are coming from correct source.
now i can finally change game's to B.

I think the problem come from game using index of device in the array as identifier for sound engine, but use dropdown's value as changes checker.

This can be easy fixed by refresh device list every time sound option page show up.
Or the hard way (but make sense) is to catch OS's device change event and change to that device.
My Builds: view-thread/2656038
http://poemaid.com
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2018, 2:08:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've been suffering from this bug for at least a year now, was gonna post a thread but found this one first.

It happens almost every time I try to switch audio between my motherboard's built-in soundcard and my USB headset (with its own sound device), and is very frustrating.

Also it's worth nothing that since Windows 7, a software can target the "default" device instead of having to manually select one.
So, feature request for the audio engine team: please add "Default" audio device on Win7+ machines (like the majority of games already support), so that switching the Default device in Windows also makes the game seamlessly switch.
Bump, still present in the current patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info