[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

ty for the build guide having a blast with this build got lucky to have a vitality watchers eye for leech purity of ice for freeze immune (dont have to wear dream frags) and purity of lightning for shock immune (i can pop unlimited vessel of vinktar without downside)also squeeze in some aspect of the crab in my build for more physical reduction (situational like uberlabs just shield charging my way.this build is so versatile you can tweak it with your own liking and ofc i pick up the chayula variant for stun immune with attack speed corruption (cheap) already lvl94 atm with 25 challenges (can still push farther but my playing time is so limited) THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE SOLID BUILD GUIDE (all rounder all content solo or support with mediocre items )
loving this build so far! thanks a lot for sharing this. what other combination of skills could i put in mjolner? right now i'm trying out arc and storm brand. so far no problem cleaning up t16 maps. just charge and they all die! got a ring with warlords mark for more leech too :P
Last edited by donmsp7 on Feb 19, 2019, 7:12:45 AM
Thinking of using this as league starter for 3.6, how did you find getting the items early league?

Ignore this, went through to page 7 and read your replies to multiple of these questions :P
Last edited by NoAimNecessary on Feb 20, 2019, 10:16:28 AM
"
Thinking of using this as league starter for 3.6, how did you find getting the items early league?

Ignore this, went through to page 7 and read your replies to multiple of these questions :P

It is possible thou, but I definitely would not recommend it. Getting the items one by one early is not difficult, what makes it tough is the fact that you need at least Shavronnes and Mjölner, and good rings or Astramantis. Thus, you have to spend 60 chaos at min(current price) and on league start even more. By that information, you can decide by yourself whether it is feasible or not.
"
Akorius wrote:
"

It is possible thou, but I definitely would not recommend it. Getting the items one by one early is not difficult, what makes it tough is the fact that you need at least Shavronnes and Mjölner, and good rings or Astramantis. Thus, you have to spend 60 chaos at min(current price) and on league start even more. By that information, you can decide by yourself whether it is feasible or not.

Cheers, I did manage to pick up a mjolner for 15c start of this league, shavs on the other hand will probably cost abit. Its becoming difficult to decide what to use for new league.
"

Cheers, I did manage to pick up a mjolner for 15c start of this league, shavs on the other hand will probably cost abit. Its becoming difficult to decide what to use for new league.

As per next league, I'll go for a conc path build to start things of and might come back to this build, since I really like it, aside from it's downsides.
Hey, thanks for the guide! I want to use it as a starter for 3.6 unless they release something better :D

BTW what do you think about this one? Looks like it fits just perfectly :P

Last edited by mapcar on Feb 23, 2019, 7:02:58 AM
Nice build... really enjoy playing it ^^
But i kinda hit a wall at T14 and higher, specially with syndicate encounters :(
i barely manage to break the 100k dps in POB with all flasks up.

If anyone has any suggestions on where i can improve, happy for the input ^^
https://pastebin.com/LnvumYJM
Am planing on getting a jewel socket by the scion, taking the 2x spell dmg nodes leading to it. Don't know if attack speed will be of any use at this point.
Was looking to replace the watcher's eye, with one that had lightning pen as well, but they are out of reach... 50+ ex
Last edited by Sith90Lord on Feb 24, 2019, 4:15:24 AM
"
Sith90Lord wrote:
But i kinda hit a wall at T14 and higher, specially with syndicate encounters :(

Am planing on getting a jewel socket by the scion, taking the 2x spell dmg nodes leading to it. Don't know if attack speed will be of any use at this point.
Was looking to replace the watcher's eye, with one that had lightning pen as well, but they are out of reach... 50+ ex

Hey bud,

I checked out your PoB character. PoB does not understand or account for Mjolner's trigger when calculating Arc's dps. Since you are using Arc and Ball Lightning, Arc will trigger every other attack from Smite. Your Smite attack rate without flasks is 7.42. So, Arc will trigger about 3.71 (half of 7.42) times every second. Your Arc damage (again without flasks) is about 50K. So, your Arc by itself is doing over 185k dps. I don't know how Ball Lightning mechanics work, so I can't help there.
Path of Exile, the poe.trade mini-game.
"
jsmoothPOE111 wrote:

Hey bud,

I checked out your PoB character. PoB does not understand or account for Mjolner's trigger when calculating Arc's dps. Since you are using Arc and Ball Lightning, Arc will trigger every other attack from Smite. Your Smite attack rate without flasks is 7.42. So, Arc will trigger about 3.71 (half of 7.42) times every second. Your Arc damage (again without flasks) is about 50K. So, your Arc by itself is doing over 185k dps. I don't know how Ball Lightning mechanics work, so I can't help there.

Maybe, it is better (dps-wise)to go arc only rather than mixing ball lightning into the mix.

btw. Mjölner can not trigger more than 6,66 times per second since it is caped to 150ms. Thus, 6.666(~6,7) aps is the way to go(as mentioned by the author).

"
Sith90Lord wrote:

I am having the same issues, you are pointing out. I guess the build is designed to outtank the sh** rather than down-dps-things fast. From my perspective the build has impressive map-clearing but lacks in bossing.
Last edited by Akorius on Feb 25, 2019, 1:20:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info