Some More Delve Improvements

"
Hey, GGG, you are cornered on your own wish right now and you know it. Everybody wondering, what is the reason of “sulphshit” existence and why it is so hard to obtain, why players are forced to run dozens of hard obtainable T16 maps to do few delves? Answer is simple and clear. You actually want to discourage players from delving too much, because it can very easy ruin your precious MTX and “supporter packs” business. Let’s assume there is no any sulphshit and players can actually delve as deep and as far as they want.

What will happen next? There will be next league, but hey, why participate in it at all, if we can delve at will, moreover, with all shiny gear stored in “standard”, all these legacy stuff, all powerful, well designed characters? And what happens to “supporter packs” and “MTX sell” in such case? That’s why there is sulphshit and that’s why we can get only 1000 of this stupidity per T16. If the limit would be higher, then people with 100+ T16 maps in standard could completely give up the new beta testing session… eee… “new league” I wish to say.

And hey, you inadvertently promised that after Delve there will be “Incursion” in core game too. So what now? If you will not nerf Delve and/or depths to the ground or gate it behind some insane grind/rng walls, you are just one screwed league (like Bestiary) from losing “league” playerbase in favor of standard. What does it mean? This means that server maintenance costs and other fixed costs will remain at the same level, while revenues from supporter packs and other trinkets will decrease. I really, really wonder what you will do now. Because I really do not believe that the answer will be "better content".

glad some people are realising it now

bad temp leagues mechanics are intended design caused by the need to
make players play temp leagues caused by the need to
sell hype in form of supporter packs caused by a
BAD BUSINESS MODEL!

which however is very interesting to follow, so I give ggg props for that. one can only wonder how they will attempt to maximize profits and piss people who don't get that off in the next league/expansion/development manifesto, again and again.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 2, 2018, 9:01:30 AM
GGG's current philosophy is screwed. They are applying RNG to content and not to items. This is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The content should be a progression system, not an RNG system. The items should be valuable and rare, not the content. GGG, fix your philosophy for leagues.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Voltaxic Sulphite Capacity

Players have indicated that they want to be able to store more Voltaxic Sulphite and have more control over when they Delve. We have added three new Sulphite Capacity upgrades, now capping out at 60,000 capacity. These are end-game upgrades, so require quite a lot of Azurite to purchase.

This is why I quit the league early. Why is there a cap to begin with?
I wont get any deeper, if I saved up a billion sulphite and were to spend it in one go than another player investing the same amount but is delving more frequently.

Let me, the player, control the gameflow and dont dictate it.
Especially if I cant trade down there. Allow me to delve for hours, if I can afford it, so I can turn off my trade tabs or flag myself DND.
Its frustrating on both ends, if I receive a trade offer and cant even answer, cant even ask the guy to wait because Im busy running behind the crawler and cant pause to type.
So Im annoyed because I lost money and the other guy is frustrated because too many players arent answering.

Cant believe it took you a month to figure this out and you still dont remove the cap.

ahem, maybe you don't want to be so loud about that, even though ggg don't read this forum ;-)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Baron01 wrote:
When are these changes going to be deployed? This is major information for players to decide whether to go ahead as usual or hold back if an update is coming soon.

I also honestly feel GGG is playing too tight with buffs to certain league mechanics lately. This happened in Incursion and now happened again in Delve. I can not believe you need to wait nearly 5 weeks to recognize that certain encounters are too rare. Also, league-specific encounters should be always frequent rather than scare within the league that introduces them. What is the point of introducing something players will not experience? This happened in Bestiary, GGG need to better reflect on their previous failures and avoid them in the future.

adding a few flare upgrades you can't afford anyway and upping the final boss spawn rate to 0.0000000000001FIVE is major info? lol
"
Bartulitto wrote:

Breach was such a good league because instead of giant RNG wall, you were behind multiple small-RNG walls called breach splinters.

The league is fun, but FFS *let* me encounter some boss after a month. PLEASE.

oh I remember the breach bosses you couldn't possibly even REACH cause of the ridiculously low countdown timer. and I collected splinters for how long for that?! that was fun for you?!?!!?
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 2, 2018, 9:03:38 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Bartulitto wrote:

Breach was such a good league because instead of giant RNG wall, you were behind multiple small-RNG walls called breach splinters.

The league is fun, but FFS *let* me encounter some boss after a month. PLEASE.

oh I remember the breach bosses you couldn't possibly even REACH cause of the ridiculously low countdown timer. and I collected splinters for how long for that?! that was fun for you?!?!!?

Gating behind clearspeed and dps is different (but quite actual) problem.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Oct 2, 2018, 9:20:04 AM
"
BassTone wrote:
GGG's current philosophy is screwed. They are applying RNG to content and not to items. This is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The content should be a progression system, not an RNG system. The items should be valuable and rare, not the content. GGG, fix your philosophy for leagues.

This.
I'm 0/6 on delve encounter IV so I hope this change makes is more possible. Thanks.
Time to write possibly my first ever message since I started some years ago.

I'm to old to comlain about many of the things that people here worry about and the envy I see in many posts, thank GOD for that :).

But what I do find very frustrating this league is the fact that you're punished with sulphite gain when you play in group of 2+.
I mean I play this game to have some fun with friends, but time after time many things were counter productive when playing teamed up.

The running of maps zombie mode to get sulphite to go back to delves is getting the feeling that I'm actually working instead of playing a game I should enjoy. Would be nice if I can at least map with friends and have a chat to pass the time, but now we've to run at least double or triple the amount of maps to get the same result on Sulphite, honestly I don't get this AT ALL!

I'm sure you can get some feature up to protect from quick farming abuse, you'd make me very happy to make this game feel less Solo Grinding like F. which it's become more and more.

Don't worry i'll still sponsor you for a time, but if this is the way forward then it will end sooner or later for me and I do think I'm not alone in this. Though I'm sure others will like this concept it would be a shame.

*regarding rareness, lvl 330 now and haven't seen a single AUL city (not even the boss but just a room) or a Perandus room or other encounters, I mean rare is one thing, but none existing kind of sucks..

gl developing the further...

Gremmore
"
LMTR14 wrote:

adding a few flare upgrades you can't afford anyway and upping the final boss spawn rate to 0.0000000000001FIVE is major info? lol

Maybe you missed other points in the manifesto that are much more important that just those 2 you picked..

Currently popular method is endless farming where you run same delve section over and over at no sulphite cost by not breaking any walls (this ensures you can reset the zone and run in again). This is, however, mind-numbingly boring and ignores certain portion of exploration, namely breaking the walls and looting spoils there.

Increase Aul's spawn rate by 50% is a meaningless information on its own but it is move in the right direction. I would like to see a lot more points of interest spawning between 220 to 300 depth, which I feel is appropriate depth considering cost of delving and how fast you can acquire sulphite while running mix of high yellow and red tier maps.

Lastly, people need to realize that delve must have cost otherwise it would invalidate rest of the content in PoE in terms of reward to time ratio. I would still prefer to have current pricing model, even if it could be made slightly cheaper to delve, than have no costs for delving but rewards would be significantly reduced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info