Some More Delve Improvements

Its not only those challenge that need buffs, but almost all challenge needed good buff
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
RNG based challenges are not fun and they are bad in terms of game design.
We have enough RNG in the game already, a "CHALLENGE" should finally be something that takes skill, maybe practice and should be hard to do in terms of content, not hard to do in terms of RNG. Shaper is a good example for a (relatively) hard and fair challenge.

I´ve already given up the big goals this league, it´s too time consuming, repetitive and frustrating.
Keep your boss encounters for yourself if you´re too stingy to let players play them.
Last edited by IamLoco on Oct 2, 2018, 3:20:58 AM
Too little, too late. You deserve all the hate.
"
ktmnet wrote:
Nerf Veil of the Night & Worm Flasks.

this isn't league of legends. if it's strong, USE IT, and don't complain other players use it cause that got absoutely nothing to do with you!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Dex8172 wrote:
"
Elf_97 wrote:
"
ktmnet wrote:
Nerf Veil of the Night & Worm Flasks.

I'll never understand why people love so much nerf in a game, we play game for having fun, isn't?

Man, he was joking. Veil of the Night is the WORST unique there is, and Worm flask was nerfed so many times already.

Well he forgot some emo if it's the case :p
Last edited by Elf_97 on Oct 2, 2018, 5:41:48 AM
"
If sulphite was easier to gain, as it was before the nerf, then the majority of the playerbase would delve all the time, and few people would map.
Leaving the entire map system largely obsolete.

So long as you're running red maps (and no, it's not difficult to sustain them, tier 15/16 maybe, but you can get a lot of sulphite in tiers 11-13), you'll be gaining what I think is a fair amount of sulphite.

Some people are going so far as to demand a complete sulphite removal, allowing you to effectively delve for free.

So you're getting loot, currency and exp with an investment of absolutely fuck all. How does that make sense?

Delving is mostly fine as it is now. It might require a bit more balancing and QoL improvements, but it's not nearly as bad as you people make it out to be.
And your desire to be able to completely ignore maps and just delve 100% of the time is perplexing.

I had a 150 Q map Tier 11, it gave me 500 Sulphite... If you consider that running a T8 with 70Q gives you 400, then there is something very wrong in this system.

One delve can cost up to 1k at 160.
"
nskLantash wrote:
I'm genuinely curious about how the players who, apparently, hate mapping so much they can't even fathom the idea of running them without thinking of quitting are still playing the game at all. Or how're they going to play the game after Delve rotates out, because with the amount of complaining, yeah, you bet this is gonna share Bestiary's fate.

Still, while some of the changes are nice, there are some hiccups.

I personally already don't get to the sulphite cap and usually start delving once i hit 11-13k, so the cap upgrade is pretty much useless to me. And, if anything, it's, IMO, counter-productive to the consistency of gameplay, because it encourages you to first grind maps for a long time, and then delve for a long time - while switching things up fairly often would be way more benefitial.

Increasing the flare limit to 20 is cool, but doing it without adding the "buy max amount" button is offensive.

Also, while it's good that the rare few people who get past 1k depth get a lot of good rooms, but don't you think this should be scaled back a bit? Because right now running depth 80 is arguably more profitable than depth 300, with the exception of outpost locations.

We are probably going to stop playing. It is a conversation that my group of friends and myself have been having for sometime now. Between the constant RNG nature of everything in this game and how much we dislike the Atlas system, we are just not having as much fun anymore, we feel like we are battling RNGesus more than actual content. While it might take awhile, around two weeks for us, we can reliably kill shaper and red elder (have not done uber yet because I do not want to deal with setting him up again on the atlas) and we were looking forward to what delve could offer as an alternative to the current mapping system. A system that was not defined by RNG but rather gear and some skill.

I have already stopped playing the league because of these issues, or to be fair what I see as issues. I hope Delve does go core, though with some major changes, like sulphite removed, or cost per delve massively decreased. If those changes happen I'll be here next league, or most likely ill finally just play on standard for once and play the crap out of delve there. As it stands continued focus on RNG gated content (such as sulphite in maps, or league bosses, or maps) is not something that I want to put my time into anymore. Which kinda sucks, mainly because I love ARPGs and I find for the most part PoE to be the king of those. Either way at this point my friends and myself probably won't be here for the next league, or on standard.
These changes were badly needed, thank you for introducing them.

I really like the idea of more rewards behind fractured walls, right now I feel like it's better to just speed-run maps and delves for drops from the events.

I'm really glad to see you increase the capacity to 60,000. It was sorely needed. Still, I can't help but ask, is there a reason to have capacity on sulphite in the first place? If I feel like mapping for a while, why shouldn't it be possible to just rush through 100 maps without having to go delving in the middle to not loose out?
"
nskLantash wrote:
I'm genuinely curious about how the players who, apparently, hate mapping so much they can't even fathom the idea of running them without thinking of quitting are still playing the game at all. Or how're they going to play the game after Delve rotates out, because with the amount of complaining, yeah, you bet this is gonna share Bestiary's fate.

I want to map but I can't progress any further on the atlas cause no tier 11 drops! so if I want to delve deeper (where I am right now in the mine I can get tier 8 at least), I have to run tier 8-9 maps which by now are below my level for at least 30 min so I can do around 5 more delves!

so at that point I am getting insight on what these people are talking about more and more, even though my problem is literally the opposite one (I am forced to delve (which I dislike a lot cause of its wasted potential and shit mechanics) in order to being able to map). yeah, sulfite should be killed outright, it's one brick wall too many in the equation.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 2, 2018, 7:32:23 AM
"
Breakleg wrote:
DELVE HAS NO OBJECTIVE, I'm done wasting my time.

PLEASE add points of interests that show boss locations/temples that we can mine to. This is one of the most upvoted topic on the reddit with many posts about it, WHY won't you comment on this!

who the fuck would want that!?! at least now when I complete a node I have the slightest sense of exploration cause I can see just a tiny bit further into the darkness (and there might be harbingers there, the only good thing in the mine). if you take that away and reveal the map it's like "yeah I need 20 nodes to get to that point, which is 100 maps to run to get the sulfite" - fuck that. very bad and counterproductive idea

what needs to be done INSTEAD is to add more interesting nodes that give you something completely different from 1) loot and 2) challenge completions. esp if they want to make delve go to core, "the usual shit" ain't gonna cut it at all

because that part is true, delve right now has NO OBJECTIVE. it's as endless as it is pointless
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 2, 2018, 7:39:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info