[3.6] RF Scion | 1.8m+ DPS VRF // 400k+ DPS RF | 10k+ Life

Straight-forward RF build capable of outright facetanking most content. No crazy mechanics.

Rundown
1.8m+ VRF DPS
400k+ RF DPS
10k max life
4.3k life regen (2.5k without flasks/ascendancy bonus)
Can't run the usual RF showstopper map mods, namely "Cannot regenerate life"

PoB
https://pastebin.com/54WCR8qE

Gems/Links

Primary Links

Vaal Righteous Fire - Elemental Focus - Arcane Surge - Swift Afflication - Burning Damage - Concentrated Effect
This will go in your Helmet and Burning Damage + Conc Effect will need to come from Elder mods.

Purity of Fire
From your boots.

Vitality - Purity of Ice/Arctic Armour - Enlighten
Purity of Ice and Arctic Armour can be swapped out depending on if you're expecting cold or physical damage. Can also opt to just drop either plus the Enlighten for two open slots that you can run whatever in.

CWDT - Enfeeble - Wave of Conviction - Purifying Flame/Immortal Call/Frost Wall
WoC is a big QoL increase because you don't need to set down a totem. Purifying Flames creates a lot of Consecrated Ground to take advantage of, while IC does IC things.

Additions

Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Increased Critical Strikes
Provides additional mobility and a source of Fortify, as well as on-demand EO/EE procs.

Cyclone - Culling Strike - Fortify - Increased Critical Strikes
Culling + EO/EE procs.

Consecrated Path - Culling Strike - Fortify - Increased Critical Strikes
Cyclone but with Consecrated Ground.

Phase Run - Increased Duration
Gotta go fast.

Summon Stone Golem/Summon Fire Golem

Gear

The first thing to know is DO NOT under any circumstances add fire damage to your attacks in any way. EO is a significant portion of our damage.
Buyer's Guide by MrBubuX

Suggested Uniques

Doryani's Delusion
A non-insignificant portion of this build's viability comes from these boots. Do not get ones with added fire damage - ONLY cold or lightning.

Kaom's Heart
Obvious.

Doon Cuebiyari
Pretty standard.

Rise of the Phoenix
The fire res is really handy, although you can absolutely sub Saffell's Frame if you want to.

Saffell's Frame
Alternative to RotP to improve all of your resists.

Cyclopean Coil
All-around great RF belt.

Meginord's Vise
All-around great RF gloves.

Blood of the Karui
There's basically nothing in the game that can kill you before this flask pops you back up to full health.

The Writing Jar
Lets you proc your Trickster ascendancy's regen easily against bosses. Alternatively, consider taking Pathfinder, Inquisitor, or Guardian instead of Trickster.

Gear/Links as of 2018-09-29 ~5ex

Gear/Links as of 2018-10-22 ~8ex [Current]

Bandits
Help Oak

Pantheon
Major: Arkaali
Minor: Abberath

Ascendancy
Start with the Strength and Dex/Int nodes for your first lab, then grab the Trickster node in the second one.

Levelling
As with most RF builds, leveling is less than joyous. You can convert over to RF at about level 45, but before that just use Scorching Ray or whatever other spell you like best. Your priority early on is health regen nodes. Make sure you grab the ones in the Duelist area as well - do NOT try to wait until you've finished Uber lab and can start from the Marauder area.

Changelog

2019-03-26: Updated build for 3.6
2018-10-22: Added current gear, updated numbers, updated PoB link from https://pastebin.com/cDHRQBQc to https://pastebin.com/g7t7NGXq (minor tree adjustments and now includes Jewels).
Last edited by GovernorJebBush on Mar 26, 2019, 11:38:01 AM
Last bumped on Oct 14, 2019, 4:26:41 PM
Hi, I'm going to do this build, I like what I see, let's see how I do it ... do you have any recommendations to give me ??
"
bonguero wrote:
Hi, I'm going to do this build, I like what I see, let's see how I do it ... do you have any recommendations to give me ??

Build's pretty straight-forward. I'd personally suggest just leveling with Cyclone or Scorching Ray + Flame Totem. If you've got any specific questions I'm more than happy to help.
so what about your resistances?
"
Redemption91 wrote:
so what about your resistances?

Ah, I probably posted the wrong PoB code. I'll fix that tonight. They should all be a fair bit over max.

EDIT: Updated
Last edited by GovernorJebBush on Oct 2, 2018, 10:07:18 PM
Can this build do Uber Elder?
I just tried this, and as a new player this is disgusting. I literally just walk through everything and then stand on top of the boss until he dies.
"
dexhunterz wrote:
I just tried this, and as a new player this is disgusting. I literally just walk through everything and then stand on top of the boss until he dies.

First try playing a build with some crazy mechanics (flask managing,...). After 2 weeks you'll love this one. I can even talk to my wife when playing RF build LOL ;)

"
Tigrewurmut wrote:

Haven't attempted Uber Elder yet, but I put this together with that intention. Shaper was a piece of cake. I should be spawning UE soon so I'll definitely update once I've taken him on.
"
"
Tigrewurmut wrote:

Haven't attempted Uber Elder yet, but I put this together with that intention. Shaper was a piece of cake. I should be spawning UE soon so I'll definitely update once I've taken him on.

Tnx, i'll try it later then!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info