[3.4] Wild Strike Elementalist - Quad Herald, Terminus Est

TLDR:
4 Heralds, Lots of ele penetration, Crit based. Abuses Prolif for clear speed.

Pro's: Fast clear speed, Good single target, Elementalist looks cool holding 2H sword

Con's: Uses Inpulsa so can be expensive, Evasion/dodge based so you will fail to avoid an attack and get one shot at some point, triple balancing resistances for wise oak is a pain.

Here is my a link to my character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Slappy_Cheese/characters?characterName=Pseudo_random_name

I am currently at Level 88 cleared up to t15 maps and Delve depth 255.

Here is a video of me clearing T13 Shaped Shore map, The map rolled Temp Chains and No Regen two of the worse mods possible and I was still able to clear it no problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq2yHDKO0xM

Hopefully this gives you a taste of clear speed.

Lastly here is Path of Building for my character:

https://pastebin.com/zeRNKemH

Wild Strike is pretty interesting skill it converts all phys damage to a random element. I think it works well on elementalist because Heralds boost the damage from wild strike a lot and Elementalist has an ascendancy especially for Heralds in Mastermind of Discord.

I've designed my build around this by running 4 Heralds, Ash, Ice, Thunder and the new phys damage herald, Purity.

I get ele penetration from mastermind of discord as well as from a wise oak, I have my resistances triple balanced especially for the wise oak. Which gives us a tonne of elemental penetration so the build has excellent single target damage as well as fast clear speed.

Other thing that helps boost clear speed is Prolif from Beacon of Ruin. This ensures we are igniting, shocking and shattering just about everything. I also run an Inpulsa's for ever more clear speed very satisfying to set off large chains that kill everything on the screen.

Defensively I have Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics on the tree for dodge and have opted to take a few evasion nodes and run a jade flask this gives us a little more survive-ability. I currently have the leech lab enchant on my boots but this was mostly for mana sustain while leveling leech does not really play a big roll in this build but it is useful for things like no regen maps. Note because our defenses are based around evasion it is possible to get unlucky and die to one shots when you fail the dodge/evade, random thing in delve are especially frustrating for this.

The weapon I've opted to use is a Terminus Est. Mainly because the Elementalist looks cool holding a 2H sword.

Gem links:

Immortal Call, Cast When Damage Taken, Increased Duration, Summon Ice Golem

Pretty standard CWDT setup, The ice golem gives some accuracy and crit chance.

Leap Slam, Faster Attacks Fortify.

With frenzy charges up leap slam is pretty fast on this build feels nice to use

Herald of Ash, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice, Herald of Purity

With all 4 heralds and Master Mind of Discord you will have 24% of mana unreserved which is plenty

Ancestral Protector, Ele damage with attacks, ele focus, faster Attacks, added cold.

I use this for bonus damage against bosses. I am a terrible player so half the time I forget to place it. My terminus Est is only 5 links it I had a second 6L I'd run added lightning as 6th gem. Vaal anscenstral warchief might be a better choice as that can follow bosses around.

Wild Strike, Ele Damage with attacks, added cold, added lightning, multistrike, increased crit strikes.

According to PoB it is a toss up which gem gives more dmg as the 6th link inc crit strikes or inc crit damage. One thing to be aware of is multistrike can lock character in place while animation is playing this can be scary sometimes with high attack speed it feels a lot smoother but early on while leveling I'd leave multistrike off until attack speed is higher.

Here are the Key Items for build:

Terminus Est is nice because it has a bunch of Accuracy and Crit chance on it and gives you frenzy charges for free. Also not too expensive. Some other alternatives are to use something like Touch of Anguish + Lycosidae (this gives you frenzies and takes care of accuracy) other weapons that could be good would be something like voidforge but then you'd have to rejig whole build to slot in frenzy charge generation (at the moment pretty severely constrained by socket availability).

Wise Oak is so good for this build try to balance all 3 of your resistances for best effect and try to keep this flask up at all times, seriously it is probably single best item you can get.

Inpulsa I will also list here it is not essential but will boost clear speed a lot. It can be expensive I was fortunate enough to find someone selling corrupted 6L with right colors for my build for 4 Exalts.

Other alternatives are Shroud of the Lightless (I feel like our Ele pen is already really good so it seems like over kill to me)

Tombfist are also not essential but nice to have a 1 jewel tombfist not all that expensive either I think I paid something like 4C for the corrupted pair above.

The rest of your items you can pick and choose as you like

The 40% Wild Strike Lab Enchant is good damage increase and not all that expensive

Other than that just do your best to balance resistances for Wise Oak You will probably need to grab strength on some of your gear as we don't get much at all off of the passive tree. In my build I have strength on my Amulet and on my Belt. Other than that you should be good to go.

Flask wise I am using:
Instant life flask with Bleed remove
Alchemist Jade flask of Adrenaline
Silver Flask of Warding
Diamond Flask of Heat
Wise Oak

I have no dousing or poison removal flask so be aware of these two things, For chaos/poison I use the Shakari pantheon with upgrade.

In general try to keep flasks up all the time they make a big difference. In delves enemies come at you so fast it is almost impossible not to keep flasks up 100% of the time.

As far as which map mods you can run I run everything except ele reflect. This character is evasion based so things like high crit damage with high crit chance and some other added damage can be rippy as enemies can 1 shot you in higher tier maps if they get a lucky crit and you fail to evade.

Leveling advice:

Note that most of gems for this build you cannot get as Witch until after Act 6. I purchased all the gems I'd need in advance on another character. I used Molten strike until I hit level 38 and could use wild strike.

Early on I used Tabula, Goldrim and 2 screaming eagles with molten strike. I used ewar's mirage around the time I swapped from molten strike to wild strike and sued that until I could equip terminus Est. Which was somewhere around Act 8.

The damage was good all the way through leveling I did not really have any issues. alternatively you could level as something else and respec just as easily.

Last edited by Slappy_Cheese on Sep 29, 2018, 7:29:48 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2018, 7:29:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info