Why is the constant crashing in Delve loading screens NOT a known issue??!

Is it because you have no intention to fix it? How could it not be listed here? Why don't you care about the product you put on Xbox? Why won't you hire more people to help the platform? Did you already give up on Xbox? If so, when are you going to Link our xbox accounts to PC so we don't have to be treated with such disrespect?
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2018, 11:34:40 AM
wow... so clearly they have no intention of doing anything to this game on xbox, will actively tell ppl to not play this game on any platform now
Yeah... it's awful. And not only in Delve, I play Standard for a while and I know I am gonna get a crash.. RIP this game on the xbox
"
Injuredviking wrote:
...Why is the constant crashing in Delve loading screens NOT a known issue??!...

I imagine it's because they don't consider it "their problem." And, they're not entirely wrong.

But, they're not entirely right, either.... IF that's how they think of it.

PoE seems incredibly fragile when it comes to loading instances on the console. I have no experience on the PC version, but I don't see a lot of outraged PC customers complaining about it.

If you have a bad connection, you're more likely to crash when loading an instance. If you have a poor connection, you're more likely to crash when loading an instance. If you have a mediocre connection, you're more likely to crash when loading an instance. If you have a fair connection, you're more likely to crash when loading an instance. If you have a decent connection, you're likely to crash when loading an instance. If you have a good connection, you're likely to crash when loading an instance. I you have a great connection, you're...

Somewhere along the line in PoE's code, there's something that is so very terribly fragile or something that is so very terribly destructive that, unless everything is perfect, loading an instance will crash the game.

But, I think GGG considers this "somebody else's problem." In other words, "it works just fine on our test machines, so you must be doing something wrong."

But, the bottom line is this - I am guaranteed to have at least one crash during every play session.

Guaranteed.

100%.

Microsoft says my connection is awesome, according to their machine. In other words, as far as the XBox and its "standards," I am well within the operating limits it deems necessary to play an online game. I guess GGG's standards are different. Someone needs to call a meeting about that...

Independently, I've checked my connection pipe to the Washington server several times. Looks good, no serious issues. My provider and the techs who've been here have checked everything - Looks good, no serious issues.

But, I'll login and, since GGG wants to show off MTX, I'll be greeted with having to load "Oriath," which is a crapshow of sparkly MTX and bots, either independent or GGG maniquins, standing in front of the Stash and all that crap has to be loaded up, too. Most of the time, I can load successfully. Sometimes, I can't and the game just crashes.

That's, supposedly, my fault, I guess, somehow. Delves loading up just fine five times in a row and then crashing? Maps loading up just as often and or crashing just as often? No apparent changes on my end during these events? Somehow still my fault with nothing from GGG other than "here is how you run da gamez on teh internetz connectshun" instructions?

No.

Fix your stuff, GGG. If your game is too fragile or is outside of XBox specifications, fix it. I cringe every time I am waiting for an instance to load. Every time. When it does load, I'm thankful... I am relieved and thankful for every time the game actually works. Imagine if that was printed on your product's display packaging as a review. How would you feel about that?
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 15, 2018, 11:36:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info