To the guy who sold me the Inpulsas's (Anyone got good stories, too?)

"
PogoAttack wrote:
It's my favorite thing to do, I just wish it wouldn't take so much time to get people to accept the trade. I wish I could just drop the stuff on the ground and pick it up to get their attention or have a chat bubble over my head telling people I have free stuff for a character running this build or that build.

^--- This.

I certainly understand why they wouldn't want "Chat Bubbles" hovering around everywhere, though. (I can't stand those darn things.) But, if/when we get some sort of "Town Chat" then there will be a mechanism for Good Samaritans to distribute their goodies to the less fortunate.

Though, trying to shoehorn in what may be common in "MMO" games might not be something they want to do. /notsure I'd at least like the ability to have some form of less intrusive, more communicative, interaction with someone I come across than repeatedly aggravating them with trade clicks. Perhaps a "targeted /tell" sort of thing? An ability to send someone who you have targeted what amounts to a messsage without having to have them in your "Friends" list. (Not sure how Micro$oft would feel about people having communications with other people that they couldn't then track for usage and gameplay habit data, though... :/ )
Yeah that would be great too, anything at this point would be better than waiting on players to accept the trade over and over again.
I would be good with a Community Donation Stash in each town that would allow players to dump a few items into now and again.

Many times, I have found myself wishing there was a better use for some items I ended up just dumping into a vendor window simply because the item won't resell for anything worth while, and I do not have the room to keep it.

Would be a much better use if others could use the items once we personally decide they are not worth the space or resell effort.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Oct 6, 2018, 5:54:39 PM
"
I would be good with a Community Donation Stash in each town that would allow players to dump a few items into now and again.

That'd make it too easy. Plus, it'd be detrimental to general gameplay if players could click a "magic button" and win a prize, even if it's a "used" one or a throwaway leveling item.

It's all about having someone do something nice, out of the blue, for no other reason than to do it.

"
Many times, I have found myself wishing there was a better use for some items I ended up just dumping into a vendor window simply because the item won't resell for anything worth while, and I do not have the room to keep it.

Would be a much better use if others could use the items once we personally decide they are not worth the space or resell effort.

I've been going to Lioneye's Watch and The Forest Encampment, handing out leveling items. Targeting someone is a terrible chore, though.

In Lioneye's Watch, there's the "Exile Letters" whatsits at the bottom of the stairs to the Portal, right were a portal scroll dumps people off. I was able to easily target someone and give them a decent unique leveling wand at that spot. I tried giving away a decent noob unique bow, but no takers. Got a couple of Wildswings to dump off, so will be running around tomorrow looking for takers. Quilrains, etc, too, maybe.
I've have recently upgraded the quad tab I was using to gather all the lower unique items to public and just started pricing them at low costs. 2 jewelers orbs, 2 alterations, stuff like that. It's usable currency that I can use everyday. I've been selling my lower tier maps for 3-4 jewelers orbs for a few months now with a great response from the trade board. Every 4 jewelers gets me 1 fusing orb so stacking those become a lot easier, and everyone is typically looking for those. Still try to give some out from time to time during peak hours.
I price-to-sell. Unique items fall like rain in Delve, so they're a lot cheaper at this point in the League than usual. (IMO) Especially the common leveling uniques and mid-stage build items.

I hand out leveling uniques whenever I can. I get multiples of them, so it's waste to just crack them at a vendor and few people actually bother with buying them, anyway.
You're not imagining things, low level (and even many many higher level) uniques are cheaper this time around. Some to the point of being completely valueless. So much so that I've begun dropping most straight to the vendor window, or not even bothering to pick them up at all the past few days.

I give away what I can, when I can get players to accept random trades. The rest, vendor food.

It's good to see others trying to make sure minor items are put to use by those who may need them. The sentiment says a lot about the player base. Well, some of it anyway.
...narf
I've been trying to hold onto "neato" lowbie leveling items, just to give away. But, most people don't accept trades. Some may be veterans on their second/third/fifteenth character this season. But, they're still wearing crap... So, I try to hand them something worthwhile.

"Sir? Here's five-dollars. I want you to go buy something to eat with it."

"But... I'm not homeless or poor. I just have a terrible fashion sense and don't bathe frequently..."
"
Morkonan wrote:
..."Sir? Here's five-dollars. I want you to go buy something to eat with it."

"But... I'm not homeless or poor. I just have a terrible fashion sense and don't bathe frequently..."

LMAO. That about sums it up.
...narf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info