It seems Scorching Ray need a special pvp penalty

Penetration:

Yea I think something around 50% ele pen cap should have been implemented since a long time.

Physical damage got a lot options to get countered, from reflect items to phy mitigation to complete temporary immunity.
As example I could site shroud of lightness phy immunity,immortal call, endurance charges, flasks+derphinders, bramblejack+guardian.

I can t imagine the average pvp player reaction if GGG had give us an immortal call for elemental damage for example.

Take this in perspective a minute to think, how that would be fair. A lot of people don t give a shit about physical build so the idea someone could get immune to it is not a problem. The inverse (being immune to elemental damage) would create a riot on this forum.

Global penetration on Item rendered one of the main defense against elem players (talisman/conversion) useless. On the other side GGG keep introducing -res mods on rares and uniques.

It is very easy to get 100% elem pen now with very little effort while physical damage get hard countered without any way to circumvent unless converting it to elem damage too (and doing so physical players are pushed to abuse themselves the stupid ele meta).

That being said once you cap elemental damage you need to think about tanks. The only reasons players are using that much pen is because some trolls only enjoy playing those stupid tank builds.

Scorching ray:
Scorching ray is actually the only active skill to my knowledge a player with low budget can try to use on swap to hurt those tanks.
Nerf SR further and GGG need to give players a way to counter tanks actively and not hope they stand in Frost bomb aoe.
In past we had bleed/ignite, but genius GGG decided to give immunity to them.

Glass canon?
About glass canon definition a long time ago 5k life was kind of an average pool. Since 2.0 I see it is now considered glass by some people.

The only reason 5k life is considered glass is because the player damage is so off the chart now that a 4l skill can 1 shot 5k lifepool (but then what would be considered ok lifepool for not being glass in this meta? 10k? Even at 10k life you can get 1 shot easy without some sort of lucky dodge or high block).

There is no reason for players to stack life/es pool if they don t have access to some legacy or expensive items. They are better off going 3k life full ms.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 2, 2018, 3:59:21 AM
you can't asses the state of elemental damage only from comparison to phys damage tho
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
you can't asses the state of elemental damage only from comparison to phys damage tho

Uhm....ya you can. Just like you can assess the state of HP vs ES, you consider the tools provided/damage potential/access-ability.

Why do you and 98% of the other stooges play elemental builds? Easy answer, it's fuuuuuuuuuucking EASY.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
lol at least 10% of my damage was phys, your damage was 100% fire while using oro's. : )

pvp forum aside, some sort of armor penetration ability for 2H weapons would be good. for pve too. That said, poe is not a pvp game and GGG wouldn't care to invest on such thing. Whatevre comes out from pve content as long as it doesn't destroy pvp experience totally, they won't change it.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info