[3.4 Hardcore Delve] Jugg Elemental Hit - Tanky and High DPS

Update on 30 Sep 2018: Spent 16 ex trying to craft a delve bow - and failed to RNG. Taking a break from POE and going to wait for the next big thing. Overall this is a very solid build - I never felt the risk of dying even in Delve bosses. DPS is also very solid. If only I was able to craft the delve bow, the character would be breezing through any content in the game - maybe even Uber Elder.

Update on 27 Sep 2018: Balanced cold and lightning resist for reduced damage taken using Wise Oak. Fire damage is mitigated through Dying Sun. Overall, a lot tankier now - elemental damage mitigated through flasks + Unrelenting - and physical damage mainly through endurance charges. Also managed to craft a decent helmet

Update on 26 Sep 2018: Managed to self-craft a pretty nice quiver. Also managed to get a Dying sun. Not really necessary but it does help a lot with DPS since I can now 6L a Damage on Full Life. Kept Quicksilver Flask instead of Silver Flask. Also set up a Shield Charge on my Brightbeak to traverse around when my Quicksilver is used up.

Update on 25 Sep 2018: Finally got Yoke of Suffering. The DPS scaling of this item is pretty insane. I did not expect such DPS increase at first. Definitely worth using over any life amulet.

Update on 24 Sep 2018: Used up 280 chaos trying to corrupt a Level 21 / 20 Quality Elemental Hit and failed. Decided to just straight up buy one from trade.

3.4 Hardcore Delve Jugg Elemental Hit - Tanky and High DPS

Introduction

Currently level 95. Made this build for HC Delve. Good defenses and good DPS makes this one of my favourite builds. Ascendant version may have higher DPS potential, but given that we can already scale Elemental Hit to insane DPS levels without the need for unique jewels and passive combinations in Ascendant starter area, Jugg's ascendancy defenses are just too hard to beat. The Slayer Ascendant life leech also feels very good though

In general playstyle is activate Blood Rage, do an Enduring Cry, pop flasks and then start killing. Stacking Endurance Charges to 7 is very easy since Jugg Ascendancy is pretty overpowered. I also use a Vigilant Strike weapon switch setup to trigger Fortify - might seem annoying at first but it is actually fun and rewarding

It is easy to trigger Elemental Overload since we attack pretty fast. Also took King of the Hill for safety measures. My current bow does not have an increased crit chance mod which is a shame.

Build Idea

Pros
- Tanky (9.5k HP at level 95 and still have life nodes that I need to take). Immortal call with 7 Endurance charges also feels very good - and subsequent auto 7 endurance charges again due to Jugg Ascendancy
- Able to run Fortify via Vigilant Strike weapon switch setup. Might seem inconvenient at first, but it is actually quite fun and lots more defenses
- High DPS for both mapping and boss fights
- Semi-Ranged (Point Blank for boss fights)
- Pretty fast map clear
- Blood Magic (no mana headaches) - very high life regen in combination with life leech to sustain attacks and Blood Rage
- Can do any content in the game

Cons
- Expensive to get going. Can get even MORE expensive later - but fun at the same time - getting all the gear too early makes the game boring
- CANNOT run Elemental Reflect or no regen
- Cannot run any auras since we run Blood Magic - which means we cannot use any Watcher's Eye. If the DPS at very end-game can take it, I might consider popping in an Essence Worm to run Determination with Watcher's Eye mods to increase even more tankiness
- Requires weapon switching if want to min-max

Skill Tree

Gem Links

Spoiler
Bow
Option 1 (No DPS weapon switch)
Spoiler
Map Clear
Elemental Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Combustion - Mirage Archer Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles

Boss Fight
Elemental Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Combustion - Mirage Archer Support - Slower Projectiles

Fortify Weapon Switch
Vigilant Strike - Melee Splash - Ancestral Call

Option 2 (DPS weapon switch)
Spoiler
Map Clear
Elemental Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Combustion - Mirage Archer Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles

Boss Fight
Elemental Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Combustion - Mirage Archer Support - Damage on Full Life

Gloves
Vaal Haste/Grace - Increased Duration

Boots
Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Enfeeble

Helm
Enduring Cry - Blood Rage - Decoy Totem - Blink Arrow

Current Gear

Spoiler
Still need: GG 30% movement speed boots

Last edited by tecknit on Sep 29, 2018, 1:12:24 PM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2018, 8:32:13 AM
Updated to include Vigilant Strike weapon switch set up for Fortify tankiness