Advice for getting the damage/ defence balance right for a 4 Ancestral Warchief Hierophant

Hi guys,

Just started running a Templar and wanting to try a 4 Ancestral Warchief Hierophant.

Originally wanted to go mace/ Shield combo with MOM to be tanky but soon relised I'll fall pretty short on passive points to get all I want!

So looking for advice on which kind of path I should take with the build considering the below options.

NOTE: playing SSF

1. Mace/ Shield
2. 2H Mace

Obviously option 1 will be safer to play but will I be dealing enough damage? Also will I need to invest in shield passives or will the base block defence the base shield provides be enough?

Option 2 will be great for my totems deal good damage but will I be just to squishy even playing from afar?

Not had ANY experience playing a totem build before so any pearls of wisdom are very welcome. As mentioned its where to invest my passive skill points thats the real headache for me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys!

Last bumped on Sep 22, 2018, 7:13:49 AM
I would go for 2H build with MoM as Hiero.

2H - more damage and you just need one weapon

MoM - an easy option for more EHP + bonus from Hiero

It also depends what you will drop eventually but it would be my preferences.
Yeah I've started leaning that way as I can simply attempt to stay out of the "fray" as a form of defence as well I'll just use enduring cry as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info