3.4.3b Patch Notes

"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"
Baallerith wrote:
Why not simplify everything by changing the actual "variable" system by a "fixed" one?

Yes, I am suggesting a system like the Greater Rifts in Diablo 3.

Example (and I'm just dropping numbers):

Maps tier 1-5: you get 1-2 sulphite fragments.
Maps tier 5-11: you get 3-5 sulphite fragments.
Maps tier 11-17: you get 6-10 sulphite fragments.

Each Delve run would need just one fragment, no matter its length.

"But this system would allow too much "delve autonomy"."
Jesus Christ. Just let people do whatever they want.

I actually thought about system like this and someone else has also mentioned something along these lines. Well it would kill this tedious sulphite grind and retarded numbers.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback! ^_^

I think PoE in general has a "we are not Diablo" obsession, like there weren't lessons to be learned from your adversaries. But there are. Diablo has successful and interesting systems (like Greater Rifts), just like Path does. And I could bet that the new Diablo game will bring systems from Path of Exile. It's not copying. It's evolution.

But, apparently, people mistake making a game "simpler" and making a game "easier". In the end, PoE ends up with a huge and complex structure that sometimes seems stuck or rusty. It's a question of design philosophy.

Push players to their skill limit, not to their patience limit. Make it simpler. Less is more.
Noob question here - When you die before you finish an encounter and the portal appears...where is the other side of the portal? I checked my hideout, I checked the mine encampment and the town but can't find the portal to get back to the encounter.
All this patch has done is provided a temporary illusion of relevant change. Unfortunately, nothing is actually different, and won't be, until the total removal of sulphite from the game. Tick tock.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
So:
* Target - nerfing quarry seems to be achieved (there seems to be more variance in where sulfite spawns and the rate is now compleetly insufficient to anything besides T1-2)

* Cap for sulfite seems only increased in some upgrade levels, as such some people might be somewhat stuck in a circle of go to low depths and farm azurite in low-ish amounts till they can afford to increase cap to match new values (i would suggest in next patch to smooth out the progression of the cap values in the upgrade stages 7-9 (450-3000)

* Sulfite in maps seems to have more variance in values then before:
T1 white maps ranging from 30-48
T1 IIQ ~50 all were around 45 (possibly bad RNG streak)
T1 IIQ 95-118 58 - 73
Would personally suggest for areas of 68+ to lower the variance (for instance T1 white to around 40 ish, and increase the effect of IIQ partially)

* Side suggestion -> Add increased chances of 2nd/3rd sulfite node to maps (does not have to be huge but should probably be noticable)

* Sulfite cost vs income - to be continued.
I applaud GGG for their swift damage control! While quick and dirty solutions are far from ideal, there is still a lesson to be learned from all of this.

We learn from the past and from our mistakes. Although a mostly negative experience for GGG, it allows them to grow as a development team.
"
Aoikazega wrote:
I applaud GGG for their swift damage control! While quick and dirty solutions are far from ideal, there is still a lesson to be learned from all of this.

We learn from the past and from our mistakes. Although a mostly negative experience for GGG, it allows them to grow as a development team.

But they made it even worse.

The system is literally worse now for t16 map chainers than both 3.4.0 and 3.4.3.
I thought this might be the first league where I would grind to 100, but with these sulphite changes my enthusiasm is waning. I'm not going to claim to not be salty, because I definitely am lol.

As a "casual" player (with over 1500 hours), I have always known the balancing would be in favour of the top builds, top farmers, top players, etc. It's just a bit depressing when you feel your favourite game is stacked against those with a more casual playstyle.

This has been my favourite league so far. I had high hopes that delving would be added as an _alternative_ endgame activity. I love when more endgame activities are added to the game (I still hold out hope for raids like in the Marvel Heroes ARPG). Unfortunately it seems delving may be destined as just another "distraction" to break up the monotony of the meta endgame.

GGG please consider keeping delves as an _alternative_ endgame activity (albeit one tightly integrated with the current endgame).
GOOD JOB YOU BROKE THE GAME

i cant login for 2 hours.

When i get into the town, and ofc i spawn in lioneye because it lags the least, i go into my hideout, BOOM, instant hang/crash. Wonder what would happen if i actually logged out in oriath, my pc would probably explode.

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Aoikazega wrote:

But they made it even worse.

The system is literally worse now for t16 map chainers than both 3.4.0 and 3.4.3.

It is also nuch worse for casuals who still is below 200 depth. So it is pretty much everyone.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
I think that maybe there's a "design" problem with this league. For me, it's probably the best league I've played. The Delve mechanic is great, and it encourgaes you to play more and more to achieve depper leves on the mine and also trying to push your build or trying new ones.

It seems to me that GGG is aware that the mine mechanic is so great, that there's a risk that players want to play that instead of maps. So GGG's solution is the sulphite. That way, we are forced to play maps to gather sulphite and then we can play the mine.

There are players that would like to play the mine without being forced to play the maps. Taht's one option. As a lot of people has said, leave players play what they want. Me, for example, I stoped playing Blizzard's games (especially Diablo 3) because it's a very repetitive and boring in short term game, and also because Blizzard's stuborn policy of "you have to play the way we decide".

It's difficult to balance what GGG considers the game should be (for example, the fair decission of not wanting players to play only mine and play also maps), and what the players really want. If GGG gives us the option to play mines without the sulphite cost, I think that would be a very bad decision.

But also, it's a VERY bad decision that you force players to play maps so they can play mines. Playing maps should be a player's choice because of the fun of playing maps. For me, mine is a lot better because of several points:

- Density on mines is faaaaar better than on maps. For example, I play several Acid Lakes maps (tier 14), and there are several places on the map where I', walking and there are no enemies.
- Layout on mines is faaaaaar better than on maps. On mines, there's a clear way to follow (hidden paths apart, ofc). On maps, you clan play Gorge, Haunted Mansion, Strand, etc., but also there are HORRIBLE layout maps like Torture Chamber that are a pain in the ass to play. We players normally want to play fast, and a lot of maps are horrible for that. Please GGG (make map doors to be opened automatically as it happened in Incursion rooms.
- Drop on mines is faaaar better than on maps.
- XP gain is faaaaar better on mines (more magic and rare monsters).
- With sulphite, you can play all the mine, going as deep as the sulphite you have. On maps, you have to buy high tier maps because it's impossible to sustain a high tier maps pool playing maps (it's discouraging to play a tier 13 map and see that the drop sometimes are tier 5 maps; REALLY?).

The solution to all these problem is, first, to improve maps. Better density, better layouts, better drop, better xp gain... And second, you can adjust the sulphite gain so we can play maps first because they're fun to play, and then also because we need the sulphite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info