Help with evasion build.

So I'm a lvl 88 ranger and I need help on survivability.

Is there anything besides block and evade chance that's helps with evasion build because I keep getting 1 shot by bosses.

Tried Uber lab and got 1 shot by his leap slam on the last fight

And after that got 1 shot by a t12 map boss

I have 4,800 health and % chance to evade and a bunch of other stats that help block and Dodge hits

I got plenty of life Leach and with any luck I could get more from the hungry abyss jewl I have since I primarily do chaos damage but I know Poe rng will just fuck me in the ass if I corrupt any of my gear

Any tips will be appreciated
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2018, 3:14:06 AM
60% chance to evade**
there is acrobatics and phase acrobatics
"
dvasan wrote:

I have that plus all the nodes after AND I went to the bottom corner and got the projectile Dodge node as well
If your problems are onehits, then there are only a few things you can do.

-If your char is melee and you haven't done so already, get fortify.
-Cap resists (in a way that you will keep them at cap if you're cursed)
-And most importantly (the other two are basics) increase your life

Alternatively you can manually avoid damage, but generally, evasion, dodge and block don't reduce damage of the hits that damage you. So if you want to survive those, you need more life.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
I have that plus all the nodes after AND I went to the bottom corner and got the projectile Dodge node as well

From what I remember, that node increases your chance to evade, not dodge. All damage avoidance methods have a hard cap, so you still need to survive a hit if you're hit at all.
Last edited by DER_PSYCHOPATH on Sep 20, 2018, 10:18:11 PM
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
"
dvasan wrote:

you should not take arrow dancing for uberlab because izrao is melee hit and arrow dancin gives -20% chance to evade melee hits
I'll have to get health because as far as I know ranged attacks can't be supported by fortify as great as that would be but nearly ever piece of gear I have (except my bow and quiver) has at least 80+ health and I picked up most of the health nodes I could along with 2 jewels with +7% life.....

It truly sucks that it's this freaking difficult to make a good build. Been playing for over a year and this is the best I could do and I still can't even do half the end game content.
I'm close but have no idea how to improve.

If anyone is willing I'll post a link to my build tomorrow
ya biggest thing is to just manually dodge everything.

evasion is decent, but IMO should only be attempted as raider because you'll get +25% more evasion. meaning if you have 50-60% then it'll turn into 63-75%

evasion builds also tend to almost always run grace aura (massive flat evasion) and run a jade of reflexes flask. if you don't have those, good luck actually getting enough evasion to even be noticed.

at lvl 95 with good evasion gear, jade of reflexes, and grace i have 65% evasion. as a raider when i have onslaught that equals 81%. i also have 8800 life to soak up any damage i do take, and yet i'll still get one shot under specific circumstances like bad map mods and such.

evasion is great if you can get enough. it feels super tanky for most of the game but everything has its faults.
Evasion chars' survival kit:

1. Grab every HP node around
2. CWDT + IC
3. Blasphemy + Enfeble
4. Enduring Cry
5. Fortify
6. Lightning Coil/Kintsugi - optional

But you mostly die because of a ridiculously low HP pool which doesn't correspond to your level and content you are doing, combined with the nature of EV builds.
Any higher phys damage (and not only) in the content you play destroys you.
So before you manage to up your HP by at least 1K, don't even fuck around with higher tier content.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 21, 2018, 6:37:25 AM
Im using a quarts flask (mostly because it really usefull in the mines) and I'm using 2 dps flasks and I am using grace tho I was using hast for most of the new league so grace isn't eleveled up completely and at 0 quality.

And I have absolutely no clue how I'm going to get 6-8k health when the highest iv had this caracter was little over 5k
I could switch my quiver back to my old one and get back to 5k but then I'd lose the Dodge chance that the unique I'm using gives but for all I know that quiver is useless haha 😅

To be honest this is my first ranger to get past end game and my second evasion character to get to end game tho I am proud of it since this is the first character that got me my first ever exalt drop (after 1+ years of playing Poe)
And 2 if you count the shield I got that sold for a exalt so I'm definitely not giving up on it

And I'm grateful for all the help and tips I'll be posting a link to my build in a few hours

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info