[3.9] Omni-golem Primordial Chain Elementalist

So I've been keeping an eye on golems and this build for awhile now and was looking forward to playing it this upcoming league, might have to start out as a kinetic wand until I can get all the gear but had a few observations and questions.

Not much in the patch notes for golems other than the feeding frenzy nerf, not sure if it effects the build that much or if it should be replaced. Just realised that spirit offering got completely dumpstered so that will probably be an issue aswell. With the cluster jewels I feel like that golem notable and really just cluster jewels aren't that great in general for the points invested other than the Voices jewel, which gives 3 jewel sockets and since you can put in normal non cluster jewels in here I thought i'd run three Voices and just slot in Primordial Harmonys into all those, which I believe will be 4 points total, not including the actual Voices jewel socket.

But yeah really like your build man, looking forward to playing it, I love the idea of running around with 11 golems.
Last edited by Maballsaritchie on Mar 11, 2020, 12:52:33 PM
"
other than the Voices jewel, which gives 3 jewel sockets and since you can put in normal non cluster jewels in here I thought i'd run three Voices and just slot in Primordial Harmonys into all those

That is a VERY good point, I hadn't thought about that. Even more primordial Harmonies and we already have a ton lol. Now if only we could get ONE more golem we could run 2 of each. (tho i know its kinda a waste to run more than one of our weaker golems instead of more flame/ice but still)
Tempus Fugit
Any updates or changes so far? I've just gotten to maps and am slowly transitioning from a kinetic bolt spellslinger setup to golems proper, just trying to amass currency for chain/might to make it actually viable. I haven't been able to locate information on which clusters actually have primordial bond yet... Also looking for any suggestions on a cheap unique belt that might be good for this build until i can afford a good stygian vise; I'm following the life version otherwise I'd be using bated breath for ES.
Tempus Fugit
"
Shiken wrote:
Any updates or changes so far? I've just gotten to maps and am slowly transitioning from a kinetic bolt spellslinger setup to golems proper, just trying to amass currency for chain/might to make it actually viable. I haven't been able to locate information on which clusters actually have primordial bond yet... Also looking for any suggestions on a cheap unique belt that might be good for this build until i can afford a good stygian vise; I'm following the life version otherwise I'd be using bated breath for ES.

Large clusters that have the enchant/implicit of small nodes give minions deal 10% increased damage can roll Primordial bond. You can just alt regal one until you get it. You can actually check for the primordial bond roll on the official trade site if you type it in. I would just go with a heavy belt for the strength with a decent life and good resist rolls tbh. Can get a decent one for less than 5c.
Aside from primordial bond, which cluster notables do you think benefit us the most? I feel like Renewal is pretty strong since the golems are almost always at full health, raze and pillage seems good for going with the flame golems and flammability, rotten claws could be good if focusing on melee golems with impale, and dread march could be useful for the extra movement speed.

Though it has been a little rough finding the points to expand into clusters, I think we can drop some of the paths to jewel sockets in the normal tree in favor of these since you can still come out net positive by using a large cluster with 2 sockets with two harmonys, or 1 harmony 1 medium -> 1 harmony (or 2 medium 2 harmony) though I'm not sure if any of the mediums would be of real benefit to us.
Tempus Fugit
"
Shiken wrote:
Aside from primordial bond, which cluster notables do you think benefit us the most? I feel like Renewal is pretty strong since the golems are almost always at full health, raze and pillage seems good for going with the flame golems and flammability, rotten claws could be good if focusing on melee golems with impale, and dread march could be useful for the extra movement speed.

Though it has been a little rough finding the points to expand into clusters, I think we can drop some of the paths to jewel sockets in the normal tree in favor of these since you can still come out net positive by using a large cluster with 2 sockets with two harmonys, or 1 harmony 1 medium -> 1 harmony (or 2 medium 2 harmony) though I'm not sure if any of the mediums would be of real benefit to us.

IMO primordial gems are better than most all the minion nodes. The only ones worth getting are probably primordial bond and renewal. Primordial bond is large cluster only. Renewal can be large or medium. I ideally you would want a large with 2 jewel sockets and Primordial bond, then fit in a medium with a jewel socket and renewal. Both with the smallest amount of small passives possible. Honestly, though, a voices unique cluster with 3 sockets and the fewest small passives is probably better. The tree will be quite variable based on how you do the clusters, so it is hard to say one way is "correct" and everybody might not be able to get the exact optimal cluster jewel so basing the guide's tree on that is a little "meh". You also have to worry about where you are getting your raw stats like str. and dex. if you focus too much on clusters. I probably wouldn't use more than 1 or 2.
Gettin into the 90s and upper maps, and still not breaking 5k eHP, I opted to bring back a cwdt setup just to keep from getting oneshot so much...

I have CWDT-Steelskin-Temporal Chains-Increased Duration in my gloves now, moved arc and elemental weakness to a weapon slot (since I haven't pathed to +1 curses yet and might not in favor of more cluster points to work with), and due to the low lightning golem damage I shoved them into the culling strike setup with carrion golem and just left feeding frenzy up to the chaos golem hungry loop. this let me move stone golem to the other hungry loop so that I could full 5L the ice golems; my goal here was to make room for an awakened cold damage support for them since the +1 to level sounded pretty good. This setup didn't leave me any room for an offering though, so I'm temporarily using a bloodbond for blood offering, which I gotta say feels pretty strong. Our regen makes the health cost for casting it trivial, and straight up 50% more damage for the golems is pretty nice. What're your thoughts on this chest? It's definitely weaker defensively than a multi-ex crafted plate, but it's incredibly affordable and does still provide a pretty good chunk of % life.
Tempus Fugit
"
Shiken wrote:
Gettin into the 90s and upper maps, and still not breaking 5k eHP, I opted to bring back a cwdt setup just to keep from getting oneshot so much...

I have CWDT-Steelskin-Temporal Chains-Increased Duration in my gloves now, moved arc and elemental weakness to a weapon slot (since I haven't pathed to +1 curses yet and might not in favor of more cluster points to work with), and due to the low lightning golem damage I shoved them into the culling strike setup with carrion golem and just left feeding frenzy up to the chaos golem hungry loop. this let me move stone golem to the other hungry loop so that I could full 5L the ice golems; my goal here was to make room for an awakened cold damage support for them since the +1 to level sounded pretty good. This setup didn't leave me any room for an offering though, so I'm temporarily using a bloodbond for blood offering, which I gotta say feels pretty strong. Our regen makes the health cost for casting it trivial, and straight up 50% more damage for the golems is pretty nice. What're your thoughts on this chest? It's definitely weaker defensively than a multi-ex crafted plate, but it's incredibly affordable and does still provide a pretty good chunk of % life.

It is a decent budget chest. Blood offering however is INCREASED damage, not More damage. The golems already gets literally thousands of % of increased damage from the jewels so it is not actually a big difference from what I could calculate. If it was a more damage multiplier it would be like a strong 7 link which would be fairly rediculous. The life it gives is good too, but a Belly of the Beast would probably be better until you can afford a good Astral plate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info