Resturant getting lobsters high to lessen pain

"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's sort of up there with 'have you tried changing your diet?', 'maybe you just need more exercrise' or 'can you just walk it off?'...I

Like has already been said, at one time I would have not believed this but the more I live and talk to folks that have illness in their family the more I find out how common it is. :(
Censored.
People like the restaurant owner are worse for "caring" and still boiling the lobsters alive than those who just kill them and make no bones about it.

Sentimentality is noxious in a greeting card, and poison in a person's character. Smacks of narcissism. I'd be willing to bet the restaurant is named after the owner....

HA, yeah... so I looked it up:

"Charlotte Gill, who has owned Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound in Southwest Harbor for the last seven years..."

Bet she's a fucking hellish boss.

Charan, invisible illnesses suck. Totally agree. Explaining oneself to those without any sensitive vision is just painful.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Doesn't help that I have what is called an Invisible Illness. I probably qualify for, say, a disabled parking permit but I'd never go for it because I've seen how some people attack disabled parking permit users just because they're not in wheelchairs. As if it's their place to judge and not, say, the people issuing these things.

Sorry that this is a little bit off topic, but could you elaborate a little bit on the invisible illness part? I'm starting a project soon that involves post surgery chronic and acute pain management and it could help a lot to understand it at a personal level.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Related to the pasta incident: old friend of mine was working in a fairly high end restaurant several years ago, cleaning up for the night. She was on the bench, cleaning something, stepped down, foot went straight into a bucket of hot oil.

That reminds me of a guy that went to my high school, he was working at a Burger King and someone bumped into him and he fell hands first into the fryer up to his elbows.

It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

I don't even want to think about that.
Worst I heard out of the people I know in RL was probably my dad, he had to work with tar for something a long time ago and got some of that on his right hand. It took extremely long to heal according to him. There's no scar left, but sometimes (happens VERY rarely) when he grabs something, one of his fingers won't move and stays straight.

On topic: Never had lobster. I never ate snails either (those also get cooked alive afaik). I also never smoked anything in my life, so I don't know anything about the effects from my own experience. I have heard though that it is sometimes used to relieve pain, sometimes it even far outperforms synthetic painkillers.

never had lobster?

you sir have not lived just yet!
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info