Resturant getting lobsters high to lessen pain

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlotte-gill-lobster-thc_us_5ba27a67e4b0823ea19a852d

first stoned then boiled lol
I dont see any any key!
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2018, 12:16:05 PM
So clearly a promotional gimmick to get stoners to come in. Pot is not an analgesic. I mean if they were getting them stoned on heroin it would make sense.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Pot is not an analgesic.

You sure about that? I'd be willing to bet that countless chronic pain sufferers that are being treated with medical cannabis would beg to differ. ;)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Well not strong enough to work on being boiled alive. Trust me. Years ago, in my wasted youth, I was stoned and hungry. Dropped a pot of pasta on the floor and some of it boiled my foot. EXCRUCIATING!

I took codeine that night to sleep and it still hurt. Doctor put me on vicodan and it still hurt unless you kept it in room temp water. Worst thing ever. Pot didn't make a difference.

I guess there is pain and there is PAIN. :(

Edited to add: you should really pithe them.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Sep 19, 2018, 6:42:01 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Well not strong enough to work on being boiled alive. Trust me. Years ago, in my wasted youth, I was stoned and hungry. Dropped a pot of pasta on the floor and some of it boiled my foot. EXCRUCIATING!

I took codeine that night to sleep and it still hurt. Doctor put me on vicodan and it still hurt unless you kept it in room temp water. Worst thing ever. Pot didn't make a difference.

I guess there is pain and there is PAIN. :(

Edited to add: you should really pithe them.

Jesus that sounds painful. How long ago was this? If it was like 15+ years ago cannabis has come a long way since then in regards to potency.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it would lessen the pain of being boiled alive. Lobsters may not even have cannabinoid receptors so it's probably not going to do anything for them anyway. Who knows?

Either way after the whole #mariokart thing this is the kind of "news" I need right now. lol
Yeah, Shovelcut, it was over 15 years ago. You cannot tell it happened, left no scar (after a LONG time).

OMIGOD I cannot, even with my boiling water incident, imagine the hot oil. It sticks. I feel sorry for anyone that gets burned at all. It is just horrible.

Yes, we did have this conversation. I have not had lobster since (not because of the conversation but I don't usually eat them since I don't like cooking them and I don't like restaurants boiling them alive).
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Sep 19, 2018, 7:57:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Related to the pasta incident: old friend of mine was working in a fairly high end restaurant several years ago, cleaning up for the night. She was on the bench, cleaning something, stepped down, foot went straight into a bucket of hot oil.

That reminds me of a guy that went to my high school, he was working at a Burger King and someone bumped into him and he fell hands first into the fryer up to his elbows.

It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I don't doubt cannabis is an incredible pain management component but not all gut issues are born equal, and mine is sadly not one that would benefit from a little herb here and there.

Not all cannabis is the same, there is likely a strain out there that could potentially be beneficial for you.

And if there isn't one, you could find a breeder that could work with you to make a strain for your specific illness. Like this. :)

Though, I don't know what kind of medical cannabis laws ya'll have in Australia.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Related to the pasta incident: old friend of mine was working in a fairly high end restaurant several years ago, cleaning up for the night. She was on the bench, cleaning something, stepped down, foot went straight into a bucket of hot oil.

That reminds me of a guy that went to my high school, he was working at a Burger King and someone bumped into him and he fell hands first into the fryer up to his elbows.

It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

I don't even want to think about that.
Worst I heard out of the people I know in RL was probably my dad, he had to work with tar for something a long time ago and got some of that on his right hand. It took extremely long to heal according to him. There's no scar left, but sometimes (happens VERY rarely) when he grabs something, one of his fingers won't move and stays straight.

On topic: Never had lobster. I never ate snails either (those also get cooked alive afaik). I also never smoked anything in my life, so I don't know anything about the effects from my own experience. I have heard though that it is sometimes used to relieve pain, sometimes it even far outperforms synthetic painkillers.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
'can you just walk it off?'

This made me laugh, anybody ever seriously recommended that, like with a straight face and all?

Cmon charan, just be a trooper, walk it off.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info