[3.8] Scourge Arrow Ignite prolif Elementalist 🏹 Melt the Atlas on a budget, 1M+ Shaper Ignite DPS

Hi, thanks for the detailed reply!

Devouring Diadem is incredible, I completely forgot about the reduced mana reservation part it had too. Definitely gonna use it, thank you.

Escape Artist is something I am still unsure about. I am not a fan of low ES pools even if its "only" EB/MoM but I've seen other people do it and work out just fine, especially since Trickster has ghost shrouds to recover it from burst damage. But yes, Swift Killer would be incredible to implement into this for sure.

The tree you gave me is very nice, I like it a lot :)

I've got the budget to afford a pretty beefy Bow right now so I'd prefer that over Hopeshredder. Gonna play around a bit more but that looks very very nice, thanks for your good response again!
I tried to modify this build after importing it to pob and I noticed that even with relatively low dex, a rare bow with cold damage per dex can reach similar or higher dps, do you think it might be worth it to go further this way?
Nothing here
Guide is up to date for the upcoming 3.8 Blight League

And the build got buffed, a lot.

Good news a lot of Ignite buffs are comming, new modifiers, buffed nodes on the tree... Elementalist also got buffed numerically you can also add Freeze immunity to the list.
I think this will be the best iteration of thé build both for smoothness, ease to gear and for damage (With the buffs my optimized setup went up from 1m3 to 1m7 dps with no gear change )
More info on the guide !

As always I will update this guide as new Uniques/crafts are revealed, so stay tuned.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
trolldemort wrote:
I tried to modify this build after importing it to pob and I noticed that even with relatively low dex, a rare bow with cold damage per dex can reach similar or higher dps, do you think it might be worth it to go further this way?

Dex stacking bows are great and can be a good upgrade. I chose Hopeshredder because it's very cheap even at near perfect rolls and gives a bunch of mouvement speed, lots of Accuracy and elemental damage dodge.

If you can find or craft a well rolled one it might even be worth going further on the right side of the tree, I will try something on PoB later today.

EDIT : I have a hard time making anything close the the current dps with a Dex stacking bow without going full stupid 3k hp, even with super expensive well rolled ones going for 100+ex on the market. If you can enlighten me on that I would appreciate a lot !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Last edited by Swiks on Sep 5, 2019, 3:31:21 PM
I've been thinking of trying a bow - ignite build for a while, and this looks like just what I wanted, can't wait to try it all out :)

Might also grab Golem Commander for moar golem power.
"
Xzarg wrote:
I've been thinking of trying a bow - ignite build for a while, and this looks like just what I wanted, can't wait to try it all out :)

Might also grab Golem Commander for moar golem power.

As someone suggested in the Reddit thread of this build, you could also go Primordial chain amulet + Golem Commander get 7 total golems.

Meaning 140% general damage increase and 420% increased buffs of golems :

* Ice Golem : +156% Crit chance and +156% Accuracy
* Lightning Golem : +46% Attack and Cast speed
* Flame Golem : +104% increased damage
* Stone Golem : +546 HP/s
* Chaos Golem : +20% Physical reduction

The missing resistances on the amulet will hurt a bit but it might be a good idea going that route, Yoke isn't available early in the league and can be expensive sometimes.

Edit: Also later in game, crafting Golem Commander with Oils on your Yoke may be the best solution. Frenetic/Savagery/Fervour (+1 Frenzy) or Growth and Decay can be good too. Or Constitution of course if you want more HP.
Last edited by Swiks on Sep 6, 2019, 9:57:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I probably wont go with the Primordial chain, to many sockets needed, and the golems will likely die to quickly. I already have to support what I have with minion Life gem and minion life regen jewel.

I spend the day mapping, and it feels pretty great. clearing multiple packs with one quick shot feels awesome. Still struggling a bit with the bosses, but I still have gear to improve.

The build performs pretty good with the blight events. Shooting a line of enemies off screen by using the minimap to aim is hilarious. Until the unique monsters come barging in through all your defenses. I think I had some success in holding them of using the minion tower. The minions managed to contain the unique mob long enough for them to to finally burn.

Tried one blighted map and it became next to unplayable close to the end, maybe it's map, or maybe all the ignite prolif going off between hundreds of monsters.

The bosses in Blight encounters are really tanky. Sometime even more than the boss of the Map they are in. But you have a lot of damage to get so I'm not worried.
4th lab, Stormfire+HoT, 6 link, flat damage jewels, ...

For the Blighted maps it's not the build. The server have a hard time managing all those monsters and the majority of the players are lagging or even crashing thé instance server side. I have seen people crash with Summoner builds, poison builds, Mines builds. I hope it can get fixed.
Hi, I was looking to give Scourge Arrow a try one of these days and I'm a fan of Ignite builds in general, they just have felt very lacking ever since the double dip removal. My last Ignite build was a Fireball trickster in Synthesis, and while the build was fine, reasonably scaling it into endgame seemed pretty far off.
So with the huge Ignite buffs this patch, I feel like giving Ignite another whirl and this build seems like it could be very fun to try as my second character of the league. I just have a few questions:

- I LOOOOVE Inpulsa explosions and like to stuff them in a build whenever I have an excuse for it. But it seems like since the removal of proliferation from Elementalist, the anti-synergy of corpse destruction with Ignite could have a considerable negative impact on the clear. As far as I know, Inpulsa explosions can ignite thanks to Stormfire, but doesn't Inpulsa hamper the clear as much as it helps overall if the Ignites from the explosions no longer proliferate since 3.7's Elementalist nerf? That kind of stuff seems hard to judge without actually trying it out, so I'm asking the people who have played the build after 3.7.
I know I can just go with loreweave as the "safe" choice of chest for the build, but if Inpulsa is competitive at all after the prolif removal I'd love to use it instead.

- How important are the flat damage abyss jewels for the build's DPS? High elemental damage bow jewels are always expensive due to how sought after they are for magic find bow builds, so getting the needed currency would take a while for me.

Thanks for any responses!

Overall, this guide is very well made and comprehensive. Props to the OP, also for the creative scaling to make a chaos bow skill into an Ignite powerhouse.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Sep 10, 2019, 8:08:48 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words !

I'll join you on the Inpulsa, it's such a satisfying piece of gear to use. I have tried Inpulsa before the Ailment Prolif removal and it was great. The explosions were really pleasing and the Ignites from them were great.
Now I didn't try it without the prolif but it should not be too bad as Scourge Arrow hits a lot and has a grat coverage so pretty much everything will get Shocked. I have a 6L Inpulsa in Standard so I'll run a few maps later today to see how it goes.

The jewels are a big part of the DPS, that's the reason why I choose Lightpoacher/Hale Negator. Elementalist offer a lot of general %increased and %more damage so you need +flat damage to avoid diminishing returns.*, and Abyssal Jewels are the best for that. But in 3.8 we have an other option, the newly added mod "Fire Damage over Time Multiplier" on regular jewels is really valuable as there is very few sources.

Check back in approx 10 hours I'll edit the post with how it went with the Inpulsa :)

Edit : Okay I ran a few maps with the Inpulsa and it was still good, not everyone is exploding though but the rest is cleared by the Ignite as usual so no problem in using Inpulsa !
Last edited by Swiks on Sep 11, 2019, 2:31:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info