Lagspike experience on EU/Frankfurt last night

Hello and good morning from germany.

As I started experiencing lagspikes for a couple of days now I started to do some researching.

First of all, here is a pastebin from yesterday evening (CEST+2) Frankfurt server: https://pastebin.com/JHyuTkyb

I was playing and streaming for ~3 hours while WinMTR was running. Of course both targeted on same server - Frankfurt EU.

The first 1-1.5 hours were without any problems until at ~9/9.30pm the first lagspikes did occur. WinMTR started to show packetloss and ping numbers started to rise.

As I work in IT myself and after consulting some network admin colleagues while looking at my pastebin result we can tell you: it's neither my or my ISPs problem.

Even the hop from my ISP to your first entrypoint is good. Then the problems start. Of course we can not tell you what the problem is but it clearly shows, that one or maybe two of your 5 endpoint servers has issues that need investigation.

Side note: before I even started playing/streaming I ran WinMTR on other EU servers to figure out where to play and both Paris and Milan had already issues before I even logged into the game. I chose Frankfurt as it had zero issues for the pre-gaming WinMTR run (every run for ~15mins).

I hope this helps figuring out the issues reported over the last days and solving it for us :-)

Thanks for reading,

kind regards,
Carnivorus
That's what I do. I drink beer and I stream things ;)

www.twitch.tv/carnivorus_
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2018, 8:47:27 AM
I think you need to get some new network admin colleagues... the winmtr clearly shows packet loss starting at the very first hop that is being propagated through the whole route (so it is definitely not just ICMP deprioritization).

The problem is 100% starting on your side. There may be some additional packet loss when it reaches the first static.sl-reverse node - but impossible to tell until the nodes before that are cleaned up.
Last edited by Magnumaniac on Sep 19, 2018, 5:39:49 AM
This is not problem with your connection. This is again Frankfurt - servers problems. I have this same situation since yeterday.

89.76.b19e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com
c1.76.b19e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com
c4.52.7a9f.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com

On this "gates" some times latency grow up to 1000 - when i logout - and again log in - pings/latency are 20-25 max. Few maps - and again grow up to 100-400-1000.

It's again server problems. Like always. But they still cant or dont want repair it.
same problem- Frankfurt server lags to me. After the latest patch......
"
Orbit84 wrote:
This is not problem with your connection.

No, his WinMTR proved it IS a problem with HIS connection.

If you want to help any, then provide your own WinMTR done while you play with the lag.

I'll say this though, for a "server" problem that is covering the EU (and it multiple servers) there is surprisingly few threads about it.

You would expect something more like whats in the pic given that it would effect tens of thousands of players

Spoiler
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 20, 2018, 3:00:29 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Orbit84 wrote:
This is not problem with your connection.

No, his WinMTR proved it IS a problem with HIS connection.

If you want to help any, then provide your own WinMTR done while you play with the lag.

I'll say this though, for a "server" problem that is covering the EU (and it multiple servers) there is surprisingly few threads about it.

You would expect something more like whats in the pic given that it would effect tens of thousands of players

Spoiler

Actually no - I expirience same spike problems since 3 days. Same gate : Frankfurt.
Lagspikes are not always there - but approximately from 22:00 to 01:00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info