Crashing in Delve

Hi,

I am crashing in the Delve mines at around 10-15% of the time. It almost always occurs between the loading screens. I just experienced another crash right as I cleared the map and the Azurite goes flying out. When I logged back in... all of the Azurite was gone... which is a really bad experience for me because I lost half a level getting this deep.

It's very possible that the 'Kitava crash' and 'Crash at Login' and the crash I am experiencing in Delve are all related. My instincts are telling me this is a timing issue with attempting to use game assets before they have been completely loaded.

Highly recommend that your test team gets a couple of older 1540 console models and maybe swap out the drives with a slow 3200-4800 RPM spindles.

-Dave

Last bumped on Sep 18, 2018, 9:29:40 PM
Hey Dave, thanks for the report! Sorry you're having these issues :(

You've got some great info here, would it be possible for you to get some video of what is happening before the crash? I know sometimes xbox is finnicky and won't let you record if you are dashboarded, so try and snap a clip as soon as you think something fishy is going on.

Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
Hi,

There is literally nothing at all happening when most of the crashes in Delve occur. Usually all of the NPC have been cleared and I am browsing through my inventory or maybe walking around picking up some items. The crashes are occuring as I am transitioning between Delve mines at the loading screen.

The crashes I experienced at Act-10 Kitava were also at the loading screen between the door/entrance and walking into the room. Out of the dozen or more crashes I have experienced nearly all of them were at the loading screen.

Whomever at GGG is doing the game publishing should also have access to console debug/exception reports. I believe that all you would need is my console ID and the exception record should show the file offset where the exception occured within the executable. This paired with the PDB file generated by the development team should locate the exact line where the crash is occuring.

-Dave
Last edited by David_Delaune on Sep 18, 2018, 9:25:52 PM
Yes, the devs can pull up your crash log. If it's between loading screens, I feel like it may be a memory leak issue with the recent patch. Have you attempted a reinstall yet? Cleared the Xbox Cache? Cleared Nat Type? Refreshed your DNS?

Sorry I'm not a dev nor a supercalifragilisticexpiali tech guy. But from what you're saying, these things helped other users in the discord with their load screen crashes.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info