3.4.3 Patch Notes

"Sulphite Deposit spawn rates in The Quarry have been decreased slightly."

As usual GGG punishes new/inexperienced players.

Delve is dead for all of the players that can't sustain Red maps as this change will have no impact on the Delve pushers with a whole guild farming Sulphite.

I'm really disappointed with the way GGG has decided to "balance" the game lately.

Edit: I remembered GGG doesn't read their own forums. Will post on Reddit.
Last edited by Ruffleberg on Sep 19, 2018, 4:35:07 AM
"You now find a lot more Sulphite in maps (especially higher maps) but the cost of travel within deep Delves has been increased proportionally also"

If it's 1:1 ratio/ proportional just like it is now this will fail big time and won't help at all. In my point of view there issn't even enough sulfurite in T16 to have fun in delves if you are around deep 290. Doing upto 4 x T16 just to go probably 2-3 (if you're lucky) nodes in delve issn't fun at all.

How frustrating deeper deeps have to be I just don't want to imagine actually!

So, high hopes in GGG fixing this problem, not just changing numbers to destroy farming sulfurite in acts. That will help no one.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:

Delve League

In each zone you get 1-3 veins ...which could equate to 1/40th to 1 whole delve depending on level of area, length of the delve node and depth.

Absolute nonsense, 1/40 ? ...
1/4 would also be nonsense in case you just typed a 0 too many.

"
JoeShmo wrote:
One zone should equal 1 delve, no matter what.

I am going to point at the obvious there, but oh well :
In incursion, the temple level was decide on the incursion's average level, as well as each incursion had the same level at the current area.

In delve ... well, that's where it's obvious : you can't allow somebody to run a delve at depths 150 while running one quarry, or even one a1 ledge.

Yes, 1/40th. Math is hard, I guess.

If you get roughly 200 sulphite from a T16 map, and you're spending 2k+ on each delve, it's far more than 1/4th. And since people have been constantly complaining ( rightfully so ) about sustaining red tier maps for delving ..they aren't getting the 200 sulphite per map / node ..they're getting vastly less.

So yes, it can get as low as 1/40th. I did after all provide a conservative range. I could have included farming Quarry ...which would have made this drop to 1/80th; but clearly, that's not a fair assessment.

I'm going to state the obvious, that it's called "average" for a reason, plus temples added a few extra levels on top of the calculated average. It was a valid and widespread trend to run several lower tier maps ..and a few higher tier maps ...rather than running entirely higher tier maps.

Regardless, you're omitting the context of that phrasing, in which its depicting you only having to run 1 map / zone per delve ..rather than having a "cap" that requires you to run multiple. Then there's also the variance in delve length for each one ..where they calculate the "normal" price off the short delves ...not the long ones. The long ones are the rewarding ( relative ) delves ..not the 10 sec short ones, which means you are paying way more.

What I propose is what we've gotten in all the past leagues ( minus bestiary ) ...in that you do content and get an equivalent opportunity for equal or higher league content. Getting 1 vein in a map and then doing a medium - long delve is nowhere near that level of fairness. And don't even get me started on how it scales after that as you go hundreds of units down without an equivalent benefit to loot drops.

You're already having to do the content for the reward, you shouldn't be gated behind an even more limited fuel system compared to previous leagues.

You also certainly shouldn't be stuck constantly doing delves that have monsters 10 levels lower than your level ( thus, incurring penalties to xp and drops ) because that's how the system balances sulphite costs and speed in which you delve progresses downwards. But that pays more into the experience pre mapping ..and pre T16.

Whether you get the sulphite in a T16 map or Mud Flats ..it doesn't matter because you aren't skipping anything ...you still have to complete the delve at it's given depth. You think it's "unfair" to get a Uber lab key from a T1 map over a T16 map? To get a Kaom's Heart before you even load into your first map? To be able to use currency on a character that didn't farm it?

So yes, 1 delve per 1 zone you do. No matter what.
this can be good change, but it even can be worst change, but without seeing it live, we can only wait
HARDER GGG, HARDER
Pog
"
Ruffleberg wrote:
"Sulphite Deposit spawn rates in The Quarry have been decreased slightly."

Delve is dead for all of the players that can't sustain Red maps as this change will have no impact on the Delve pushers with a whole guild farming Sulphite.

True. If devs don't increase overall map drop then majority of players will abandon the league as soon they realize they can't adequate progress anymore. But I think ggg is totally ok with this. Packs is already selled, stash tabs selled, job is done...
"
nskLantash wrote:
I refuse to believe that the people who say that delves "aren't rewarding" are serious.
There's no way.

I guess it depends what you mean. Technically you do get loot from delves. But it doesn't compare to what you can get from mapping, if you're doing what it takes to maximize mapping profits.

Set up a T16 elder map, in an elder corner, with sextants, frags, chisels, and zana mods. You'll get an order of magnitude more loot than you do from delving for the same amount of time. And yes, of course you spent some currency to get there, but you still come out massively in the positive. Heck even just selling the excess maps generates more currency/hour than delving does. Then there's all the actual items on top of that.

The main advantage of delving over that kind of a method is that it has less player interaction. Efficient mapping means you're buying frags, chisels, sextants, and selling off maps/loot to pay for those things. And yeah, that's annoying. But in terms of sheer profitability, maps have delves beat easily.

Alternately, make an IIQ character and hammer the bejeesus out of burial chambers at a million miles an hour. That too will massively outperform delving.
Rofl, i cant play till the next week, my side character's mines are fucked :/
To be honest every league feels more and more RNG.

Incursion mechanic:

1.RNG to find gear/currency
2.RNG to have the rooms you wanted to upgraded enough.
3.RNG to get something nice from that room.

Delve mechanic:

1.RNG to find gear/currency
2.RNG to find maps
3.RNG to get a map with good mods.
4.RNG to find more than one Sulphite on the map.
5.RNG to find a node in the mine that you want(for example abyss or vaal).
6.RNG to have many chest on that node in the mine.
7.RNG to get something nice from that chest/chests.

And the list can go on with delve city bosses and such.
Last edited by Narnis on Sep 19, 2018, 5:02:26 AM
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Yes, 1/40th. Math is hard, I guess.

If you get roughly 200 sulphite from a T16 map, and you're spending 2k+ on each delve

Before calling people out on Math, you should start reading and trying to understand what you read first, this way you won't feel embarrassed when you realized how silly what you just said was.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
End-game Sulphite acquisition and costs have been rebalanced. You now find a lot more Sulphite in maps (especially higher maps) but the cost of travel within deep Delves has been increased proportionally also. The primary effect of this is that players are encouraged to play the highest map content that they can.
Map Item Quantity mods now affect Sulphite gain. This encourages players to play the hardest map content that they can.

Reading is hard, I guess.

Not that it would affect you, you haven't even reached depth 100, and that 2k cap is at depth 955 ( which you would know if you had actually read the patchnotes )?

Then throwing a 1/80 implying that quarry gives as much as half what a red map's vein gives is very, very uninformed, especially since they are decreasing the amount that quarry gives.

"
JoeShmo wrote:

I'm going to state the obvious, that it's called "average" for a reason, plus temples added a few extra levels on top of the calculated average. It was a valid and widespread trend to run several lower tier maps ..and a few higher tier maps ...rather than running entirely higher tier maps.

Maps, MAPS.
People are running QUARRY to farm Sulfite atm, not MAPS.
Are you getting it now ?

An again, you have not delved any deep, you don't know what the nodes bring, you don't know what the lower biomes gives, pretending that nodes themselves pretty much don't give anything good is very uninformed again, you don't know what you are talking about.
Hell, you might have never even reached red maps to begin with, since you have never actually reached lvl 90 ...

"
JoeShmo wrote:
...in that you do content and get an equivalent opportunity for equal or higher league content.

wat ? it has never been this way, the main content ( maps in endgame ) has always, always, always been where most of the time in the leage is being spent, incursions where only a short amount of time compared to whole maps, and even factoring a full temple, maps were still taking more time than the temple.

"
JoeShmo wrote:
Whether you get the sulphite in a T16 map or Mud Flats ..it doesn't matter because you aren't skipping anything ...you still have to complete the delve at it's given depth. You think it's "unfair" to get a Uber lab key from a T1 map over a T16 map? map?

Now comparing a mud flat gain to a t1 map, absolutely the same thing.
Rofl.
Uber trials have mostly the same content whatever the tier, and you have to find them in maps, how is that hard to understand ?

"
JoeShmo wrote:

So yes, 1 delve per 1 zone you do. No matter what.

Stupid idea, for obvious reasons.
I tried to explain, I might not want to waste any more time trying though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 19, 2018, 5:04:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info