I would adore an overhaul to light radius

The new lighting effects are amazing, but the big spotlight shining on top of your character makes them very hard to notice sometimes. I'm sure someone else must have noticed this too, because the reveal video for the new lighting was mostly without light radius, and it looked really damn good. Then at the end it goes back to normal combat with light radius on, and it's a lot less noticeable. Even without GI it kind of clashes. The edge of it is very stark, and it really does just feel like a big studio spotlight.

Am I alone in feeling that it could be improved, now that we've gotten such a brilliant lighting overhaul? I think it should be disabled or heavily toned down in outdoor areas, or simply change intensity based on the brightness of the area you're in. Obviously it's necessary in dark places, and dimly lit places just to ensure that visual clarity, but there are a lot of places where it doesn't seem that necessary to have at all.

At the very least, it could be a lot softer. Fading out as it gets farther from your character, rather than ending abruptly, so it looks less like a spotlight.

Delve looks incredible without it, can you imagine how bad it would look with light radius on top of your player? I dunno, I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. But the look of light radius has bothered me for a while, and now it's really detracting from the quality of global illumination and making it often very hard to notice. I rarely notice it outside of Delve now.

Last edited by AdunSaveMe on Sep 18, 2018, 7:03:32 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2018, 7:02:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info