Path of Exile Craft Competition

3d printing is kind of cheat I guess but how will you be able to make a difference with hand made stuff.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Had a post on the first page lamenting the exploitative nature of "contests" generally in the context of free advertising for megacorps.

They deleted it.

They probably won't delete this one, being buried on page six+.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Innomen wrote:
Had a post on the first page lamenting the exploitative nature of "contests" generally in the context of free advertising for megacorps.

They deleted it.

Win-Win Situations aren't exploitative. They are clever... :)

I am pretty sure they don't get as much advertising from this than you may think...
"
Phenixer wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:

They deleted it.

I am pretty sure they don't get as much advertising from this than you may think...

It's not Win win. It's lose win. Even the "winners" lose time unless they recycled and spun a project already completed or had already allocated the time and resources to a project that fits the criteria.

If you take all the hours likely to be spent on this contest by entrants and divide the money Tencent is spending on the prize pool you will no doubt get values in the fractional cent per hour.

It takes Olympic level mental gymnastics to parse that as anything other than exploitative.

Your post purchase attachment to this company is amazing, and scary.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Innomen wrote:
"
Phenixer wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:

They deleted it.

It's not Win win. It's lose win. Even the "winners" lose time unless they recycled and spun a project already completed or had already allocated the time and resources to a project that fits the criteria.

If you take all the hours likely to be spent on this contest by entrants and divide the money Tencent is spending on the prize pool you will no doubt get values in the fractional cent per hour.

It takes Olympic level mental gymnastics to parse that as anything other than exploitative.

It is not GGG fault if some semi-professionals enter those kind of contest. Imo those prizes are great for the amateur trying to show his love for GGG.

It get weird when some already established people earning thousands of dollars in design participate but I also can see with reddit how it could give them ( the pro participating) advertizising for commission projects.

Question is , Do you believe those contest are targeting pro or semi-pro? You might maybe have too much expectation on contest and the value of them. If you believe every contest need high reward prizes maybe you might be a little spoiled.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 19, 2018, 12:03:23 PM
"
Innomen wrote:

I believe you have an extremely pessimistic view of intent behind someone's or some group's actions. If someone does something, it does not mean it is only for ill / selfish intention... :)

GGG has been doing those competitions for years even before being bought by Tencent. it is obviously not directed by the mega-corp. It is probably directed by either Chris or Bex wanting to put some life in the interactions between the company and the consumers, after the start of the league, to keep the community active.

Believing this is a marketing plot makes no sense. They did not advertise it further than any news that gets out from GGG each day of the week (so... PoE website, Twitter, Facebook etc.) It is targeted to people keeping in touch with the game already.

What GGG gets:
- Some degree of interest being kept in the game after the league start (They are not evil for doing so!)
- Nice seeing what people can come up with about the game they love making

What participants get:
- Fun exercising their past-times they love doing
- Get rewards in the game they love playing

Of course the cost for GGG (giving a virtual gift) is way less than the participants (crafting something, maybe for hours). That isn't an argument for exploitation, because no one is forced to do anything...

You seem to believe that my state of mind / opinion is linked to a post-purchase-attachment to the company. This may be true, I have put a lot of money, time and efforts in this game and company. But this is also why I am in a good position to provide a realistic view on the matter.

Oof ! I think I have done enough to distribute my state of mind about the subject :P You will probably answer back to this huge paragraph of text, however, this was my last reply on the subject, I am not really interested in making this more an issue than it is! It's basically 'you' believing that GGG is exploiting players, and this won't prevent me from sleeping tonight :P

I wish you have a nice day
agree with phenixer
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
Both of you are correct to a point.However, it's not nice to shame Innomen for saying what he thinks. Frankly, I agree that he can say whatever he wants as it was relevant to the topic.

In general,higher prizes means even move competition. I already competed last few times, & know that it's impossible for amateurs to compete with professional. My A4 art looked like a kid drawing vs 4k resolution drawing.After,two weeks of work.

overall,I really like these competitions as it helps me to pay more attention to detail; learn & try new crafts; sometimes i find really nice amateur art that makes me laugh; in the forum.

And yes, I'll craft something again from a new content as i always do. XD

So. Many. Entries.
"
EustaceCS wrote:
So. Many. Entries.

It sure takes time! Ain't regular tweet 15 min sketch that could pull for top 25
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info