GGG servers kicked players offline and my exalted got erased

Hi,

Short story : I found an exalted. I, and multiple others, were kicked from delves. When I logged back in, my inventory got reset and I lost my exalted.

Video Proof :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNPrJ9PDi_o&feature=youtu.be

Ok, stuff happens. I'll just send a quick email and get my exalted back, easy enough right?

Wrong.

I got served some template answer about GGG not being able to restore lost items. I'm not 9 years old, I know this is laughably untrue and as a paying customer am offended and insulted.

It's only one Exalted Orb. I'll live. But then again, it's only one exalted orb so there is NO REASON to reject my request.

I suggested that Rob, the customer representative, complain to his supervisor about this procedure since it's really infuriating and insulting.

I still hope they fix their mistake and refund my Exalted.

LOL. Right. I know where I will not spend my money until this is fixed.
Since 2018-09-15, GGG terrible anti-customer policy resulted in me taking this stance :
I am afraid that I am not able to spend any money for any reason. I am truly sorry for this result.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2219546
Last edited by Heretushi on Sep 15, 2018, 6:08:43 PM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2018, 7:19:38 PM
Since the beginning of PoE (Closed beta that I got into) it's been like this.
The PoE servers ONLY saves when you change zone, so if you are in a map and something god drops, TP back to your HO. You can see the PoE streamers doing this when they get a high valued drop.
So no, you will not get any kind of restore of your exalt and if you don't like it nobody is forcing you to play PoE.
Oh I will continue to play. However, I will not pay for it until it's fixed.

I will serve some of their medecine back and say :

"
You see, I am afraid that I am not able to spend any money for any reason.

I will then be a burden for the service while not contributing anything in return because I'm not able to do so for any reason.

Thanks for the tip! :)
Since 2018-09-15, GGG terrible anti-customer policy resulted in me taking this stance :
I am afraid that I am not able to spend any money for any reason. I am truly sorry for this result.
Adding full conversation for context since I fully plan to continue referring to this thread regularly.
[EDIT : Seems like the forum does not support IMGUR linking. Adding text.]

---
to support@grindinggear.com

Sep 15

Hi there,

Simple request : I found an exalted orb. The server disconnected me (and other people) and my inventory got wiped.

I would appreciate my Exalted back.

Thanks. :)

VIDEO PROOF : https://youtu.be/bNPrJ9PDi_o

Support
to

Sep 15

Hi there,

Thank you for the message and I am sorry to hear about this. I am afraid that we are not able to restore any lost items for any reason. I am truly sorry for this result.

If you need anything else or have any other questions please let us know and we will be happy to help where we can.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Rob

to Support

Sep 15

I understand that you may not be AUTHORIZED in your position due to internal procedures to proceed with item refund, but I find insulting that GGG pretend that you are NOT ABLE to do so.

It's 'only' an exalted orb, but this situation is a result of everything out of my control and is 100% on your end.

As a paying customer (an option I chose to pursue), I am extremely disappointed and encourage YOU to complain to your supervisor about this procedure as it's extremely unfair to PLAYERS and reflect badly against GGG.

Thanks.

Support
to

Sep 16

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I have forwarded your report to the relevant team members, who are currently working to reduce problems like this in the future. I’m sorry for your item loss but we appreciate your feedback on this issue.

Please feel free to contact us again if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Last edited by Heretushi on Sep 18, 2018, 10:19:59 AM
well, that will only work until GGG closes it since your question have already be answered.
Your video shows you, and you only, getting disconnected - it does not show any proof of "multiple others" getting disconnected. Therefore it is quite possible was a result of something on your side and nothing to do with GGG.

Regardless of this, you agreed to GGG's terms of service when you created your account. These include the following:

Lost Data: In the event that any information or data (including without limitation in respect of in-game characters, achievements, Virtual Items, Points or general PoE gameplay) relating to you or your use of any of the Website, Materials and Services held by Grinding Gear Games or any third-party on behalf of Grinding Gear Games is lost, corrupted or otherwise no longer reasonably available or accessible as judged by Grinding Gear Games in its sole discretion, you agree that to the greatest extent permissible at law Grinding Gear Games will have no liability to you of any nature relating to any such information or data.

So grow up, get over it, and move on.
They never have and never will restore items lost due to any reason, be it getting hacked, having a scam trade, DC's your end or theirs no matter what proof you can provide.

It's nothing to do with an individual being authorised, it straight up policy and crying about it wont change the fact.

They will NOT do it for a non paying player and they will NOT do it for a player that has spent thousands of dollars.

And in your case, the item dose not exist (AKA it dose not and has not been saved into the database) proof can be spoofed.

If they do this for you then they'll need to do it for everyone and spend ALL of their time trying to verify that the items were actually dropped and spend zero time doing anything else.

Grow up, it's an exalt not the end of the world.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 18, 2018, 9:59:04 AM
looks fake for me, he video edited it
If you click the "Contact Support" link at the top of the site you'll see this:

"
We can not restore dead hardcore characters or lost items for any reason. This is a general policy and we do not make exceptions.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info