Rain of Arrows Tanky Mara 7 auras!

Hey guys. I wanted to build around the RoA skill because it looked pretty cool and because lightning arrow hurts my eyes, plus everyone is using it. I made this character over the past weekend and got to level 71. Currently doing 66-68 maps with a friend pretty easily. I just wanted to share because out of my 5 characters that followed builds of other people, this is my first build that I made and I'm having a lot of fun with it and feel it's extremely viable. I do half regen maps all the time as well as any hard combination for magic maps.

I soloed Merciless Vaal (was level 60) and Merciless Piety (was level 65) easily, but I guess this is common.

The thought process behind the build was that I needed high attack speed so the arrows from RoA would fall more quickly. So I used a high phys damage thicket with decent ele rolls. Iron grip boosts my phys damage which gives a bigger bonus in dps from Hatred. 50% of my phys damage is then converted to fire from my Blackgleam. These are, of course, multiplied by the usual Catalyse nodes for +50% wep elem dmg and the wep elem dmg gem.

For some numbers on Blackgleam is
Phys damage on RoA before equipping it reads: 137-400
Fire damage: 365 - 635
after Blackgleam is equipped: 68 - 200
Fire damage: 534 - 1122

DPS on my rain of arrows skill when I hover over it is 4029. With 3 frenzy charges, it's 4290.

I have 4500 max hp, 3800 after 3 blood magic'd auras. This will only go up because I'm getting hp nodes for the next ~12 levels. My life regen is 212/sec.

I'm in softcore and have 3 deaths currently (all before merciless due to careless gameplay).

Build at 71:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswx9Dq0QfxNbFE0VIBZvGNsZLhmFGjgdFCSqJ-0ppSpNLOkyfjKJNuk64TwtPydDnEp9UFBUSVXGVdZX4lhjWfNbr18_ZOdmnmegZ71uqnKpd-V6uHzZgziD24d2iPGMz49GkAqQVZuhogCmV6cIp4Ssqq6Ttz64k7ndwBrE9saexq7G2M5xz2XQ0NSP2t3dDeNq51LnY-w47m_vDu988B_yL_JF8932SPrS_Ev8xf4K

Gear:
Spoiler

Notable passives: Resolute Technique, Iron Grip, Iron Reflexes, Static Blows, Inner Force.

Bandits: HP/skillpoint/skillpoint

I run Determination, Hatred, Purity, Vitality (Haste once I have over 5k hp after auras), Wrath, Anger, and Grace.

If you're wondering how I fit all these auras, 100% of my mana goes to the % auras with a level 18 reduced mana gem and the -10% reduced mana reserved from the passive tree.

I have 6k armour with Determination and Grace and 83% all res which will be 85% with a level 20 purity.

6L Chest:RoA - Conc Effect - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech

4L: Wrath - Grace - Reduced Mana - Blood Magic
4L: Hatred - Purity - Determination - Reduced Mana

This 4L is tricky: Elemental Weakness - Vitality - Reduced Mana/Blood Magic - Anger
(You have to turn on Anger with Reduced mana and Blood magic linked first, then swap out blood magic and put in vitality so it can be turned on with reduced mana, then switch out reduced mana for blood magic so ele weakness can be casted)

4L bow: Blood magic - Decoy Totem - Frenzy - Faster Attacks/Temporal Chains

If you notice, I only use frenzy for the charges to boost up my RoA dps. I use RoA for both AoE and single target because the damage is high enough for both.

I switch out ele weakness for enfeeble if need be (my party mate usually runs enfeeble so I run ele weakness).

My lightning damage on the skill says 950 max, so the enemies are shocked for a decent amount of time. Enemies die quickly, especially if they're shocked because of my high aps from only my bow and quiver.

Ideally, I'd get a Kaom's Heart and a 6L Glare. I'd move decoy totem to the reduced mana slot with Wrath and Grace after turning them on. Frenzy and Temporal Chains would be dropped, but they aren't needed.

Only negative part about the build was needing the 184 dex early on at level 56 for the Thicket and the int nodes for Wrath/Conc Effect/Ele Weakness.

I leveled to 56 using 2h mauls. Switching to bow at 56 was an incredible moment because I had my main RoA combo leveled in my secondary weapon swap. Went from 1200 dps ground slam to 2800 dps RoA and also wasn't limited by mana any more. Amazing

Ideal 107 point build assuming I meet stat requirements for gems/gear and have a Lioneye's Glare:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswx9Dq0QfxNbFE0VIBZvGNsZLhmFGjgdFCSqJ-0ppSpNLOkyfjKJNuk64TwtPydDnEp9UFBUSVXGVdZX4lhjWfNbr18_ZOdmnmegZ71uqnfleriDOIPbh3aI8YzPj0aQVZuhogCmV6cIp4Ssqq6Ttz64k7ndwBrE9saexq7G2M5xz2XQ0NSP3Q3jaudS52PsOO5v7w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj60vxL_MX-CjqzNYadqrnNtfKpbk3jrFn-j2wWOthN2Ix2dPGeuSFgQKAFLWBLeu907Q==

After this point in the build, I would go to the right and grab the increased weapon elemental damage nodes +30% total and more life on the way to Finesse for the dex and attack speed. Then I would go grab Berserking and Unwavering Stance.

Post here if you have any questions! Would love feedback on my first build.
IGN: FireFlameSputter (Hardcore) Defunctive (Default)
Last edited by sputter on Mar 5, 2013, 9:33:39 AM
This is basicaly LA build, solid, easy and fun.

One thing i might sugest is Point Blank node for extra dps if you dont kite that much but then you would have to get like Bear Trap for more offscreen action or just deal with -50% dps penalty.
how much mana you have?
I have no room for bear traps in my links.
100% of my mana goes to % auras (my mana reads 0). I link every skill to blood magic gem.
"
sputter wrote:
I have no room for bear traps in my links.
100% of my mana goes to % auras (my mana reads 0). I link every skill to blood magic gem.

you still dont answer how much mana you have w/o any aura
i use anger /grace /wrath and is full mana +10% reduced mana help you alot? i think i gona get too
He didnt tell you his mana cause it doesnt matter. He only links the %-based ones to his mana pool.
"
talonmas wrote:
He didnt tell you his mana cause it doesnt matter. He only links the %-based ones to his mana pool.

Which on further elaboration means, whether you have 50000 mana or 250 mana, it doesn't matter a single bit for % auras.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I said that my mana reads 0. If you mean what my max mana is, I think it's 400 so it says:

0/400
Last edited by sputter on Mar 5, 2013, 9:15:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info