My GPU is heating after the last update

Hello guys , my GPU is running at high temperatures after the last updates , it's hitting 74c while am delving, I have a GTX 1070 oc dual , i7 6700k and 8gb of ram . It was running before all time on about 54c while playing and now it's hitting 74c Wich it never happened on any most demanding games I play on max like pubg for example ; All my settings are turned on and on max,could it be from the new display features (shadows and illuminations and stuff) ? Anyone else having the same problem ?
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2018, 7:59:04 AM
probably because of the lighting
well, my GPU r290 is running in the low 70 c range. It's a 4-5 yr old gpu....so it's pretty normal in comparison.
how do i messure my gup heat and why sould i care lel
"
dvasan wrote:
how do i messure my gup heat and why sould i care lel
Because your machine can literally fry and i don`t think i have to tell you how bad having parts of your pc melt, can be right?

Also there are monitoring software that keep an eye on it, most good video card producers usually provide their own.
I have the same issue (GTX 1070, i7-7700k), GPU temps went from 57-62 to 68-70, happened after the patch couple of days ago.
My gpu seems to be at 48-60c. using vsync to limit frames.
Did some research, apparently Nvidia driver 399.24 caused some GPUs to increase temps (source: Guru3d.com), might not be PoE patch fault after all.
"
general2906 wrote:
Did some research, apparently Nvidia driver 399.24 caused some GPUs to increase temps (source: Guru3d.com), might not be PoE patch fault after all.

it could be from the nvidea driver bro but I noticed only this happend after the last 2 updates in Poe , if it's true GGG should optimize this or else it's not worth running these new features and get heat on high end GPU'S. :s
My GPU got to 66°C just playing a while. Considering the maximum tolerable heat level is around 105°C, that's not really a worrisome temperature.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info