[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
shalq wrote:
Hi.
I'm running a very similar build that I crafted a while ago. Character name is SubtelnyDotyk. The main idea was to create something upon a very niche combination of the recently reworked static strike and mjolner. I stumbled upon your guide just before creating my guardian but wanted to get some more experience with the build before saying and comparing anything.

So yeah, about the Kaom's Roots thing since that seems to be where we disagree the most. Stuns are lethal, always have been and always will be, my goal was Uber Elder and as such, Roots were required. You can definitely play the build without them but they are one of the main reasons I was able to complete the fight at all.

I also use whirling blades to get around, and while I do feel socket starved I have everything I need, auras included.

As for the Rotgut, sometimes I just feel lazy and wanna walk instead of spamming whirling blades, big shrug.

Smite linked to ancestral call is for the added range, because the farther away you are from danger, the better. Same for static strike, since the damage on your attacks matters about 0%. I also have it linked to faster attacks because the speed at which you get the attack off matters in the rougher fights. As for Culling Strike, it ended up on my static strike to aid clearing and make it easier to apply the buff to myself, same for Fortify.

as for my mana pool, I just kinda naturally have more mana regen than I can actually spend, I literally never run out of mana, ever. It was completely by accident, but it works.

I never ended up having to equip an Astramentis, I dunno, I just always kinda go for strength on my gear anyways because of the life, I mean certainly I've had to go out of my way for int and such but if you need the stats that's all you. You can definitely replace it with enough of a currency investment though.

Lastly, I'm happy to see that you were doing something similar and sharing your thoughts. I agree that this is my favorite build I've ever done, and the cost of the items to get this build going absolutely doesn't match the ludicrous speed the build achieves whiles clearing.

Thanks for sharing ^^
Last edited by Geti on Sep 26, 2018, 11:52:55 PM
Hey, thank you for the build, want to try it out right away. Could you tell me the order of how you leveling your passive skill tree?
"
psonha0911 wrote:
Hey, thank you for the build, want to try it out right away. Could you tell me the order of how you leveling your passive skill tree?

Rush straight to Spiritual Aid, then Elemental Overload. Afterwards, grab the mana reservation nodes so you can 4link your Herald, then it's basically just life nodes all the way down.
First of all, thanks for the great build. I've been meaning to get my hands on MjOlner for some time, but the abysmal single target damage was... well, abysmal.
I'm lvl 75 now and the build works as a charm, though I still can't find a reasonably priced +3 Minion lvl helmet or hoard enough unique rings to vendor them for Loreweave.

One little thing that helped me squeeze Stone Golem into this socket-starved build: the sixth link in your body armour can be used for Smite, so we don't need another socket for Ancestral Call and/or unset ring for our Wrath. Yes, it won't make Static Strike any more powerful, but it surely helps Smite and gives just a little bit more space for experiments.

Now, back to delving and hammering things in the name of Thor...
Cheers!
Sapienti ban...
"
Feriens wrote:
First of all, thanks for the great build. I've been meaning to get my hands on MjOlner for some time, but the abysmal single target damage was... well, abysmal.
I'm lvl 75 now and the build works as a charm, though I still can't find a reasonably priced +3 Minion lvl helmet or hoard enough unique rings to vendor them for Loreweave.

One little thing that helped me squeeze Stone Golem into this socket-starved build: the sixth link in your body armour can be used for Smite, so we don't need another socket for Ancestral Call and/or unset ring for our Wrath. Yes, it won't make Static Strike any more powerful, but it surely helps Smite and gives just a little bit more space for experiments.

Now, back to delving and hammering things in the name of Thor...
Cheers!

That's actually a solid idea for a 6th link I hadn't thought of, thanks! A +2 minion hat will serve you just fine, or if you message me ingame when I'm on I can see about teaching you how to craft a +3 :)
Hey ! Thank you for this build, it's amazing.
I'm building something similar, but I don't feel tanky at all. I was thinking of taking life gain on hit support for static strike, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. Would you have anything to suggest ?
What are the best links with static strike ?
Thanks again, I really enjoy purifying the delves !
"
Fraustease wrote:
Hey ! Thank you for this build, it's amazing.
I'm building something similar, but I don't feel tanky at all. I was thinking of taking life gain on hit support for static strike, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. Would you have anything to suggest ?
What are the best links with static strike ?
Thanks again, I really enjoy purifying the delves !

Eh, I just kinda took every life node I could get my greedy little hands on, ended up with 7.3k after spending currency on some nice rares and such, but 6.5k is easily attainable with little to no investment as long as you're smart about what you need.

Mitigation is another beast though, since Loreweave is really all we have and it doesn't mitigate any physical damage. I have a very hefty regeneration setup going but that can be a little expensive, you're absolutely welcome to run life gain on hit in your Static Strike if you feel you need it, though keep in mind it basically will do nothing for you against sp00ky single target enemies.

For my personal SS links, I'm using [Ancestral Call] for the added range, attack speed from quality, and general ease of use, [Fortify] because I enjoy being alive and having all of my blood inside of me, [Culling Strike] because it just kinda kills stuff that shouldn't be dead yet (also some added attack speed from quality), and [Faster Attacks], because why stand there swinging for .15 seconds when you could stand there and swing for .1 seconds instead.

Those are just my links, and since the skill in our build is not bound to the usual rules of "take the more multipliers for the love of god" you can do absolutely whatever fits you and your playstyle the most. Curse on hit? All you. Innervate? Go for it. Put Smite in the same links to save gems? The world is your oyster. Hotel? Trivago.
Last edited by Geti on Oct 3, 2018, 1:26:30 AM
"
Geti wrote:

Eh, I just kinda took every life node I could get my greedy little hands on, ended up with 7.3k after spending currency on some nice rares and such, but 6.5k is easily attainable with little to no investment as long as you're smart about what you need.

Mitigation is another beast though, since Loreweave is really all we have and it doesn't mitigate any physical damage. I have a very hefty regeneration setup going but that can be a little expensive, you're absolutely welcome to run life gaint on hit in your Static Strike if you feel you need it, though keep in mind it basically will do nothing for you against sp00ky single target enemies.

For my personal SS links, I'm using [Ancestral Call] for the added range, attack speed from quality, and general ease of use, [Fortify] because I enjoy being alive and having all of my blood inside of me, [Culling Strike] because it just kinda kills stuff that shouldn't be dead yet (also some added attack speed from quality), and [Faster Attacks], because why stand there swinging for .15 seconds when you could stand there and swing for .1 seconds instead.

Those are just my links, and since the skill in our build is not bound to the usual rules of "take the more multipliers for the love of god" you can do absolutely whatever fits you and your playstyle the most. Curse on hit? All you. Innervate? Go for it. Put Smite in the same links to save gems? The world is your oyster. Hotel? Trivago.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the positive energy you put in this build and in sharing with us, love <3
"
Fraustease wrote:
Thanks a lot, and thanks for the positive energy you put in this build and in sharing with us, love <3

I love to help and I'm proud of my monstrosity ^^, any time.
I kept going with my adaptation of this build and it really deserves more attention I find !
Today I killed a T8 elder super easily (1 silly death). Delving is super smooth, mapping is easy as well, it's just amazing - and really, really cheap.
My most expansive item was 1 exalt, and I didn't do any crafting.

I was surprised to be able to kill the elder that easily while I struggled with my previous character that was a molten strike build.

Thanks again Geti !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info