[3.4] Cast on Crawler (cwdt - spells - Herald of Agony)

Dreamscythe, so how do you like your creation? Great so far? Are the equipment choices still as stated or are there better options out there?

What are the average prices for the abyss jewels? They seem to be pretty rare. I tried crafting them but it's pretty insane!
"
Pracis wrote:
Dreamscythe, so how do you like your creation? Great so far? Are the equipment choices still as stated or are there better options out there?

What are the average prices for the abyss jewels? They seem to be pretty rare. I tried crafting them but it's pretty insane!

im testing another setup which may be better for some bosses:
trying out

instead of mokou's and abberath's. This way stacks more wither debuffs and gives the opportunity to use a shaper ring with lgoh for spells. You lose out on the ability to swap in Atziri's step though without having to swap the ring and gem setup.

So far I have really enjoyed the build. It is pretty strong, I think it will easily do Uber Elder once I get there. I would say one of it's flaws is that the clear speed is limited to the crawler along with some lag.

As for the jewels, I paid 3-10 chaos for ones with 25-29 life//2% dodge// 4%+ attack speed.

jeweles with 30-35 life cost me 10-20 chaos. and the 40-45 life ones cost me 40-60 chaos.

And finally I got one with 4 t1 mods (50 life, dodge, AS, lightning damage) for 1.65 ex.

The watcher's eye with ES on hit cost me 5 ex
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 18, 2018, 2:47:40 PM
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
Pracis wrote:

trying out

instead of mokou's and abberath's. This way stacks more wither debuffs and gives the opportunity to use a shaper ring with lgoh for spells. You lose out on the ability to swap in Atziri's step though without having to swap the ring and gem setup.

So far I have really enjoyed the build. It is pretty strong, I think it will easily do Uber Elder once I get there. I would say one of it's flaws is that the clear speed is limited to the crawler along with some lag.

As for the jewels, I paid 3-10 chaos for ones with 25-29 life//2% dodge// 4%+ attack speed.

jeweles with 30-35 life cost me 10-20 chaos. and the 40-45 life ones cost me 40-60 chaos.

And finally I got one with 4 t1 mods (50 life, dodge, AS, lightning damage) for 1.65 ex.

The watcher's eye with ES on hit cost me 5 ex

Thanks for the reply! The new setup does look like it will stack more. But you'll know better than I.

The jewels for some reason seem to sell for much higher. I did find some jewels that have "minions have #% increased attack and cast speed if you or your minions have killed recently" which appears to be cheaper, But then again, maybe someone beat me to the punch and bought the jewels out! Oh well.. I'll find them.. eventually :)

I'm really eager to see how it does in the mines. It should do pretty well I believe.
Name of the Song in the Video??
Thanks for this build, enjoying it a lot !
"
DreamScythe wrote:

trying out

I don't think Withering Touch Support is doing anything for you in your boot setup, it only supports Attacks and you've linked it to two Spells
"
Ahumm wrote:

I don't think Withering Touch Support is doing anything for you in your boot setup, it only supports Attacks and you've linked it to two Spells

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, I didnt even notice that. I guess ill go back to increased duration in that setup.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 18, 2018, 11:21:18 PM
im thinking about using this setup without second aura, so wont be needing the armour.
- does anyone knows if Less duration gem effect the crawler?
to my understanding the crawler dont have any effect from durations, but will it get the more dmg multi?

- what about conc effect? will that effect the crawler dmg somehow?

- also a question about your shield, it has the mod "25% chance to Avoid Fire Damage when Hit", doesn't that make you spam spells less often? and take the dmg from eye of the innocence less frequently?

thanks
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Sep 20, 2018, 5:09:02 AM
"
The_x_ile wrote:
im thinking about using this setup without second aura, so wont be needing the armour.
does anyone knows if Less duration gem effect the crawler?
to my understanding the crawler dont have any effect from durations, but will it get the more dmg multi?

what about conc effect? will that effect the crawler dmg somehow?
thanks

You absolutely need the armor. For this to work you need to run either Discipline or Vitality with their corresponding Watcher's Eye ES/Life on hit.

Without this you are going to die a lot, unless you're running Seventh Sun, which while it would work puts you as lower EHP than the ES on hit.

Conc effect does nothing useful for the crawler, it is projectiles and depending on if the little purple poofs when it hits is just an animation or an actual explosion, conc effect would make it too small to actually matter.

I am currently running the build with Vitality double mod Watcher's Eye (Hit/Leech that I use on my Juggy CWDT normally), I am probably going to be buying a Discipline one over the next couple of days to use instead. While it works with the vitality one and I've only been killed once so far to a one shot, the extra 1100 EHP from having it with ES should help.

Jewels with attack speed as well as life and dodge has been impossible to find, so I've been picking up ones with minion movement speed instead where I could buy them. Movement speed seems to be a good stat for it as well, so I'm probably going to be running a mix of the two when I get a hold of the jewels.

Herald of Agony is currently level 18 and it is a beast in a 6 link Calamity. One-shotting packs in T10 currently. Switched from Pierce to Chain, mostly for mapping, as it seems to eat the whole pack more consistently rather than cutting a 30 degree swathe through them. While it feels about the same in Delves where the crawler is shooting forward at all times, it does feel slightly smoother for encounters such as the spirit bears.
Last edited by Rinani on Sep 20, 2018, 6:00:15 AM
Really love this build, just reached lvl 90 and starting to do bosses soon.

The damage of the Crawler is insane, doing T15+ is a breeze and the survivability with es gain on hit Watchers eye is really nice. Just got to watch out for those Hard hitting attacks to not get one shotted.

Only problem i have is to get the abyss jewels with dodge.

My gear so far:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info