massive connection issues.

Hi.
I would like to call to attention some massive connection issues i have ever since Incursion but that have gotten even worse with Delve.

Just to avoid needless questions, Its not from my side, i got a awesome internet connection(fiber optic) and am not that far from where a server is located, so aside from the usual lag spikes my connection is as stable as it can be.
I play via Steam.

So the following issues happen each time i log in first time each day and sometimes after that like Clockwork.

1st log in: Autentication issue. This always happens without fail.
2nd log in: unexpected DC when loading town.
3rd log in: finally in town, but trying to load either hideout or Azurite mine ends in a unexpected DC(as the game calls it)
4th log in: finally the game goes well,but there is always a chance for a DC when loading the Delve or going to a town area.

I have personally no idea how this problem came to be,but its happening so much now that its becoming very irritating while it should't be this way.

I hope u guys can patch this or at least reduce the times it does occur, couse it severely hampers wanting to play the game for me.
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2019, 4:01:45 PM
"
Weertangel wrote:
Just to avoid needless questions, Its not from my side, i got a awesome internet connection(fiber optic) and am not that far from where a server is located

If you posted the evidence of this from your troubleshooting it might convince them.

The impression I get from glancing at your post is "I've good download speeds so my connection must be flawless", which won't convince much of anyone. Nothing you've said about your connection is relevant to your post. If you're assuming these are global issues affecting everybody, I connect to London, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam and I'm not affected by any of them.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Weertangel wrote:
Just to avoid needless questions, Its not from my side, i got a awesome internet connection(fiber optic) and am not that far from where a server is located

If you posted the evidence of this from your troubleshooting it might convince them.

The impression I get from glancing at your post is "I've good download speeds so my connection must be flawless", which won't convince much of anyone. Nothing you've said about your connection is relevant to your post. If you're assuming these are global issues affecting everybody, I connect to London, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam and I'm not affected by any of them.

There are a lot of posts here on the forums and also on reddit that show that there is some problem. Even GGG answered in some post saying that they're aware of the problem and are looking at it. So your "I'm not affected" stuff means nothing. [Removed by Support]

About the OP's problem; yes, there's a lot of people with lag and disconnection problems. As I said, I've seen one post on this forum and also one on reddit where Fitzy_GGG answered saying that they're looking at the problem.

Let's hope they solve it as soon as possible.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 15, 2018, 9:03:22 AM
"
rhenk75 wrote:
There are a lot of posts here on the forums

Yes, there are lots of posts on every game's Technical Support forum about technical issues people are encountering when trying to play. That is what those forums are there for.

"
rhenk75 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

For these issues to be troubleshooted adequately, diagnostic information needs to be provided - thus far, it hasn't been forthcoming in this particular thread. Pointing that out is not "nothing but useless." It is an attempt to move the thread from anecdotes and conjecture to facts.

"
rhenk75 wrote:
About the OP's problem; yes, there's a lot of people with lag and disconnection problems. As I said, I've seen one post on this forum and also one on reddit where Fitzy_GGG answered saying that they're looking at the problem.

That sounds strongly like you're taking one of Fitzy's posts out of context.

Log in failures, inflated latency values sustained over a long period of time, and latency spikes are different symptoms generally caused by different problems. You do people an enormous disservice by suggesting that instead of attempting to troubleshoot any problems they have, they should instead wait for a fix. Neither GGG nor any game developer will ever produce a single universal fix for all connectivity problems. Thus far in this thread we have not established where the fault lies - without knowing the problem is within GGG's control, we do not know if they can fix it.

"
rhenk75 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself."
—Oscar Wilde
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 15, 2018, 9:04:43 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
Yes, there are lots of posts on every game's Technical Support forum about technical issues people are encountering when trying to play. That is what those forums are there for.

[Removed by Support]

"
Sarno wrote:
For these issues to be troubleshooted adequately, diagnostic information needs to be provided - thus far, it hasn't been forthcoming in this particular thread. Pointing that out is not "nothing but useless." It is an attempt to move the thread from anecdotes and conjecture to facts.

I agree, I was not talking about that, but your "it's working right for me" quote is useless whatever you say. Because the fact that you don't have the same problem does not mean that there is not a problem for other players.

"
Sarno wrote:
That sounds strongly like you're taking one of Fitzy's posts out of context.

Log in failures, inflated latency values sustained over a long period of time, and latency spikes are different symptoms generally caused by different problems. You do people an enormous disservice by suggesting that instead of attempting to troubleshoot any problems they have, they should instead wait for a fix. Neither GGG nor any game developer will ever produce a single universal fix for all connectivity problems. Thus far in this thread we have not established where the fault lies - without knowing the problem is within GGG's control, we do not know if they can fix it.

That's what Fitzy said in other posts:

"I've confirmed that there is a network issue between you and the servers. I've opened an issue with our host to look into this."

"Our host is currently attempting to reach out to the network provider causing this problem."

"I'll raise this with our host as the connectivity issues seem to be introduced where they peer with another provider."

So it pretty seems that there's a problem and not that I'm taking posts out of context.

And I have not said in any moment that people should not try troubleshoot any problems they have. Saying that there is a problem that it's causing problem to a lot of players, does not mean what you said.

"A palabras necias, oídos sordos."
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 15, 2018, 9:05:58 AM
"
rhenk75 wrote:
That's what Fitzy said in other posts:

"I've confirmed that there is a network issue between you and the servers. I've opened an issue with our host to look into this."

"Our host is currently attempting to reach out to the network provider causing this problem."

"I'll raise this with our host as the connectivity issues seem to be introduced where they peer with another provider."

So it pretty seems that there's a problem and not that I'm taking posts out of context.

Since you're not a fan of providing sources, I've googled one of these and found this.

The creator of that thread posted yesterday talking about "the last day or so", while the creator of this thread is posting about "since Incursion" which is a radically different timescale and thus obviously unrelated to the issue which Fitzy_GGG was responding to.

Unless you plan on attempting to help the OP, perhaps you could stop derailing the thread.

----

ok, sorry if i was rude about it not being from my side, @sarno,but i tried multible locations and still had no changes, my fault for not posting this.

if there is any way i can provide technical info to GGG about this feel free to explain how, couse i'm only a novice at technical stuff.

As for the troll, plz buzz off.

since the last few patches it has all slightly inproved, altrough area transistion still is 50% chance for DC, mainly when connection to towns(act 10 and epilogue towns especially) same for getting to Azurite mine.

The Autentication issue is not very common anymore, but still happens from time to time.

But in general i only have to relog 2 times instead of 3 most of the time, so thats always better no?
@OP.

If you look at this GGG post -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/371483

Go to the section about ~Network/Connection Issues~
and look read about what they want you to check -->
General Network troubleshooting

Then go to the section called ~Optimization & Other Guides~
Do what they ask you to do in this section -->
- MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer
Helps investigate the origin of poor connection speed.

That should be able to give us an idea about your connection between your PC and the GGG system.
In Betrayal there is still the same problem. My internet connection has no issues in any other game I play. What more- my provider is UPC that has a main hub in Holland [easy to check by the "tracert" command] so my connection to Amsterdam server should be perfect. But it is not.
First login always fails. Second login takes me to character screen and then also fails. Third one is usually successful.
But sometimes I have dc playing also- mainly changing instances or going town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info