Constant Freezing with Buzzing Sound and Boot to Home Xbox Menu

A few times a day the game freezes and starts making an buzzing noise and then stops and boots to main menu after freezing fo 4 or 5 seconds.

I like the new content. In fact I pay the equivalent of a new top shelf game every league. No need to thank me as I like to support you GGG. All I ask is that you try harder to give us a playable game. I may let you know how I feel when I'm frustrated but at least I'm still here. I guarantee you guys have lost 100's of people to all these problems.

Something needs to change and I'm rooting for you.

Btw.....still waiting for tab pricing.
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2018, 2:02:33 PM
Yeah, I find that this is a common occurrence - usually after selecting a node on the delve map and hitting "A" (I think it could always be then, but not entirely sure - it might happen when using "X" too).

GGG must be getting flooded with automatic reports on this one and so I assume that they are all over it. I try to remember not to leave anything nice on the ground when I use the delve teleport system.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I will definitely be moving on to Diablo 4 when it arrives. Whatever it ends up to be I'm confident it will be polished and engineered at a much higher level. Hopefully it is an greatly improved version of Diablo 2. They know that's what their loyals want.

I wanted POE to be an game I played a couple hours a day for years to come but it has been obvious for an long time now that the xbox version will never be very playable. They are great at making content and I'm sure will continue but they dont have the technical prowess to pull it off. Probably has a lot to do with the fact they are based in NZ and have a much smaller pool of talent to draw from. Maybe they simply dont care that the xbox version runs like shit and is a glitchfest every league.

"
Pbfloyd2112 wrote:
I will definitely be moving on to Diablo 4 when it arrives.

I think everyone will play D4, when or if it arrives. That's pretty much a given..

"
Whatever it ends up to be I'm confident it will be polished and engineered at a much higher level. Hopefully it is an greatly improved version of Diablo 2. They know that's what their loyals want.

It is going to be focused on multiplayer. That's pretty much a guarantee. Whether it's a better addition to the ladder leagues, PVP, or some very limited MMO, sort of like PoE is, that's what Blizz is going to want to push. The Ladder league is the only thing that has kept D3 alive. Diablo 3 is Diablo:Ladder Edition. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a really good system, except for the exploits when they crop up.

"
I wanted POE to be an game I played a couple hours a day for years to come but it has been obvious for an long time now that the xbox version will never be very playable.

Never is a pretty long time. :)

I agree with you on a lot of things, but PoE is just a somewhat fragile game on XBox. It's susceptible to a lot of little things that can crop up due to how much it's trying to do on a platform it wasn't originally designed for.

One thing I've noticed, having suffered from this on occasion (Three times today at at least) is that a good connection helps. The game does not like bad connections and narrow pipes. The best broadband connection you can get, hardwired to your box, will reduce the frequency of these things happening. A good connection also significantly, remarkably, speeds up load times and allows for smoother map running. Usually... :)

I only ever crash, now that I have a much better connection, when I'm loading a zone, usually one of the dynamically generated ones and not a "Town" zone. Why these and not others? Maybe because there's much more going on under the hood when that's being done?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll play D4 when it comes out. But, it won't be because PoE isn't worth playing. As long as GGG keeps with the model of actually producing new content, even if there are some kinks here and there, PoE will stay "fresh." When you come back after exhausting D4 and retreating from whatever DLC or pay scheme they've come up with, you'll get to play a fresh PoE experience. For "free." :)

I would not be surprised in the least if D4 offered cosmetics. Heck, playing D3 for so long, I'd farm for cosmetics and pets while waiting on my Rift running partner, determined to get every unique skin I could for every slot possible for any particular character. Why? Because there wasn't anything else to do... It's "Rifts or Die" and that's about it. Hopefully, Delve will stay around for Standard.
95% of the crashes do occur when loading delve instances. Did happen once or twice on a map portal. The crashes are of the buzzing sound types.
"
Pbfloyd2112 wrote:
...I may let you know how I feel when I'm frustrated but at least I'm still here. I guarantee you guys have lost 100's of people to all these problems.

Something needs to change and I'm rooting for you.

Btw.....still waiting for tab pricing.

Earlier, I was somewhat of an apologist for GGG, pointing out that there were things we could do on our end to help with this problem.

Well... Now, I'm ticked off.

Five plus crashes today. (Some early in the day, most during peak US EST time.) Just lost a darn map, alchs, chisels, again. I was talking in group with a friend, not in the same instance, and he crashed out too at the same time while in his own map. He's out a few chaos and mats, too.

So, yeah, now I'm getting a bit ticked-off. Mats are gone, map is gone, I'm sitting here with nothing and someone isn't fixing this. At the very least, "making it better." I would like that very much. Who's fault is this? Microsoft? GGG? Some pipe provider or hosting service? Tell them to stop sucking ___ in the kitchen and get busy...

Hey, "Wings and back items are on sale!" Guess what? I won't be buying any currency to buy that cape I was thinking about getting. Isn't that nice? I was kind of thinking of treating myself and splurging. I skipped most of the last season because I just didn't like it. But, I had fun playing dress-up a bit in the season before that, so thought I'd indulge, since I really do like "Delve." But...

"Morkonan's Wallet just crashed. No loot for GGG today."

Sorry. Maybe tomorrow.
Still having this issue 3 times out of 4 delves.. Three patches later.. Ridiculous
"
Krusher420 wrote:
Still having this issue 3 times out of 4 delves.. Three patches later.. Ridiculous

"All your Delve Loot Are Belong To US"

All that dynamically generated Delve loot you just lost is in the same piece of lost luggage as all the awesome Shaper loot, and the map, and the mats I used on that map, but just lost after my own crash.

New Atlas Map: Crashmap - -110% GGG Cosmetic Purchases by Customer

Getting kinda old running Crashmap over and over. It will be solved, of course, when everyone is out of maps.
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 23, 2018, 4:04:44 PM
Every time i Fight Kitava in act 10 the game will freeze up, make a buzzing noise, and then boot me to the login screen. I have effectively been locked out of running maps due to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info